• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater TV Sci-Fi Premiers W/E

Greg Langelius *

Resident Elder Fart
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2001
AZ
BBC America launches premier of <span style="font-style: italic">Outcasts</span>, a post apocalyptic reboot of human society on a pioneer planet. Looks to have promise, all Brit cast,

BBC America launches rerun of <span style="font-style: italic">Battlestar Galactica</span>; one of my favorites.

TBS launches premier of <span style="font-style: italic">Falling Skies</span>. The resistance launches its backlash following the catastrophic alien invasion. I like this one a lot.

Unfortunately, I am already worried that the network moguls will be trashing the new series long before they hit their stride. They never really have given Sci-Fi an even break.

Greg

Re: TV Sci-Fi Premiers W/E

I am afraid the biggest problems with those fledgling and returning shows is going to be that they are on networks that inundate the viewer with incessant comercials. I simply can't enjoy a good show having to put up with that constant interuption. 3 minutes of program 5-7 minutesof commercials.
I will wait until I can either get the video, or record and FF the commercials. Falling skies seems to have promise.

I hope Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome is good , need more BSG!

Good to hear. BSG was my all-time fav, Stargate Atlantis a close second. SGU only got good in the last half of season 2... then cancelled.

Took in a little Falling Sky last night, seemed alright for what I could watch.

Yep, but 'formula predictable' shows like <span style="font-style: italic">Sanctuary</span> and <span style="font-style: italic">Eureka</span> do multiple seasons.

TV panders to the lowest denominator. I guess the only way to get Sci-Fi to fly is to play that game. Shows like <span style="font-style: italic">Firefly</span> and <span style="font-style: italic">Defying Gravity</span> never get network solidarity. Too cerebral.

Musta been a miracle that <span style="font-style: italic">Baylon 5</span> made it through to its creators' goals.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Musta been a miracle that <span style="font-style: italic">Baylon 5</span> made it through to its creators' goals.

</div></div>

One of my favorites