• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Typical Beanland .260 finished

Grand

Chief - Slappahoe Tribe
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2005
Kern County, CA
This project has been on and off for the past couple of years. Finally made up my mind and sent a box full of parts to John Beanland. I'll let you be the judge, but I couldn't be happier.

Defiance Reble Action with Guardian mag well, alloy shroud
Bartlein #3 Fluted 8.5T at 24"
McMillan Classic Edge
APA Bottom Metal
Timney 1/4" trigger
Nightforce 2.5-10 x 42
Talley Lightweights

Looks awesome. I have parts ordered and being delivered to him as well...this makes me impatient!

Very nice indeed. Curious, why did you go with a #3 instead of a RV contour? How much does it weigh? How does it shoot?

Very nice indeed. Curious, why did you go with a #3 instead of a RV contour? How much does it weigh? How does it shoot?

Scale is broken, but I would estimate 7.5 lbs empty. I was trying to build a long range game rifle in a lightweight package, so the #3 fluted saves me a couple of pounds over the Remington Varmint. Just finished barrel break in, but seems to be liking the Berger 130's. I'll post up my initial results when I get a moment.

Bucket, thanks for the comments.

I'm testing the 123 Scenar, 130 Berger VLD Hunting and 127g Barnes LRX. Lapua hulls and Federal caps. Still breaking in the barrel and looking for pressure. Cross winds were 3-10 mph. Best group for each bullet weight so far. Berger looks promising, but also had the smallest sweet spot.

Last edited:
Nice rifle. Around 45gr of H4350 with a 130 Berger is magic in a .260.

Very nice rifle, well done.

I have been impressed with the 127 LRX on game, they work well.

Any idea on your speeds?

I'll post velocity data when I get a moment. My hunting area is behind the lead-free curtain, so I need both a long range load for play and a lead-free load for game. POI seems to be very close for all loads, which should simplify things.