• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes U.S. Optics or Schmidt and Bender

TPE

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2008
Hampton Roads, Virginia
I am looking for a really nice scope for a nice 308 I want to be able to engage targets at 1100 yards. I am willing to pay for quality if it is worth it. I really like the way the U.S. Optics SN3 is setup and with the big elevation knob. I hear S&B is the best. I need to hear from people who own these scopes and which one should I get with which options.

Thanks
josh

Re: U.S. Optics or Schmidt and Bender

Do a search, this happens to be one of the most beat to death topics. I have both, go with either.

Of the 2, Id go S&B. If FFP isnt a concern, Id go NXS. Or wait til the FFP NXS comes out.

1 for USO
With USO you get set-up wtih you want = CUSTOM.
EREK is very nice
US made

S+B not so much

great glass both

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you consided the new Premier Reticles scope? </div></div>

Oops, forgot about that one... That scope looks VERY impressive.

Yep, do a search man. This one's well worn.

If its easier for you just go to FORUMS then go down to SNIPERS HIDE OPTICS and go thru the pages youll find the topic fairly quick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of the 2, Id go S&B. If FFP isnt a concern, Id go NXS. Or wait til the FFP NXS comes out. </div></div>

+1

also as jasonk said, the new premier scope. its only available MIL/MIL right now though as long as that doesnt bother you.

Call USO tell them what you are going to do and see what they reccommend.There customer service is the best.I would look at the SN3 3.2x17 or 3.8x22, 1/2 miniute Erek knob, and one of their thinner reticles. The mil dot is pretty thick at higher magnifaction.

Just about the same way I feal about it.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wirehand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 for USO
With USO you get set-up wtih you want = CUSTOM.
EREK is very nice
US made

S+B not so much

great glass both
</div></div>

I have both , my choice is S&B without any dubt .

PP out

USO has been a perennial contributor to many of the matches around the country....they support what we do.

I've broken Leupold, Nightforce, the reticle on my MST-100 etc.... If you shoot long range you'll break scopes. If you haven't yet, you will. I like to know that when I pick up the phone and ask for Jeff he'll get it fixed, and get it back to me quickly.

Turk +1 on USO's customer service, its #1.

honestly this USO vs. S&B debate could go on forever and not get anywhere, might as well be argueing ford vs. chevy. they are both top notch optics, and i believe only YOU can choose which is right for YOU. you may have to try both, buy one, if you like it, keep it, if not, sell it, and buy another.

it all comes down to what the individual wants, each scope has their plus's, and pretty much balance out.

+1.Could not of said it any better.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've broken Leupold, Nightforce, the reticle on my MST-100 etc.... If you shoot long rang you'll break scopes. If you haven't yet, you will. I like to know that when I pick up the phone and ask for Jeff he'll get it fixed, and get it back to me quickly. </div></div>

To share a bit of experience from USO owner...

At some point, I've had the opportunity to own 3 SN3s, an SN4, and an ST10. The SN3 and ST10 are still with me. My very first scope was an SN3, that was purchased at a gun show (!) years ago.

The reason why I've gone through several USOs is because the more I shoot, the more specific are my requirements for what I consider to be the right scope for me. Features that I thought were necessary (before for me) becomes less necessary now... and vice versa.

To my knowledge, USO is the only company that allows this high degree of customization.

Oh yeah... I've been extremely pleased with the glass quality, and customer service, and I echo others' comments about these.

Nightforce for me. There's a reason why Cheytac uses them on thier M200, and the USMC puts them on the M107 and XM3

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: green03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nightforce for me. There's a reason why Cheytac uses them on thier M200, and the USMC puts them on the M107 and XM3</div></div>

oye ve.

Have some koolaid.

Exactly why does Chey Tac use them on their rifles? No disrespect to anyone that owns one but the one I had was garbage.

Opinions are like assholes.....everyone has one.

In this case you are comparing a Mercedes, a lexus and a rolls. They are all nice. Pick the one you like and go with it. If you dont like it, sell or trade it here and get another one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lonewolf'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But than again Leupold with BORS would be math made easy.</div></div> Of course that's a joke, right?!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Deerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm more a fan of Tasco's tactical series, their 3/8" line is awesome for 2k+ shooting. I've found it to compliment my RR Customs rifle perfectly.

(red rider) </div></div>

bahhh! Tasco is garbage!!!

You have not shot through a scope until you shoot through a Leapers/UTG scope! 1 shot kill every time!!!!!! (1 shot and the scope is dead that is
laugh.gif
)

Hey also dont throw out zeiss. The Carl Zeiss Optronics Hensoldt is wicked nasty and i have heard amazing things about it. I would definitely get that over the S&B PMII if i had 3 grand to spend on a scope. I have a zeiss conquest 3-9x that i spent 450 on for my SAKO grey wolf in 25-06, and I have a Burris XTR 3-12x that i spent $1,000 on for my McMillan M40A5 and the thing is TRASH compared to the zeiss conquest. Even though it has all the fancy knobs and illum recticle its apples to oranges in clarity. Supposedly from a lot of review the burris XTR was supposed to have amazing clarity too. Im definitely getting rid of the burris xtr and getting a zeiss victory or S&B zenith. It really shows the Germans dominate optics. Zeiss is the only German optics i have looked through but it is very obvious in clarity even over the best Leupold Mark4, which is incredible, because the zeiss conquest is the lowest end model they make with only the most basic features. I cant even IMAGINE how amazing the Carl Zeiss Optronics Hensoldt is.

Way to dredge up a 3 year old thread on your first post
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Way to dredge up a 3 year old thread on your first post
crazy.gif
</div></div>

Winning! lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TPE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i searched and nothing, what should i search </div></div>

the search feature on the site sucks, I use google and just use whatever keywords i'm looking for and add "snipershide" to the end of it. Noobie power activate! we have to stick together right?

TPE posted that <span style="font-weight: bold">3 YEARS AGO</span>!

Locking this now.