• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ULTRA GEN2 ANNOUNCEMENT

At first I was like, 1.7 ounces lighter, what's the big deal?
Then realized in perspective that's 20%, pretty impressive, may need another tbac soon.
Also found 223 through 6.5 bore was the same db interesting, would like to see a 223 through 30 number, I'm sure I'm not the only one that swaps my tbac can around.

Well, this is great news that sucks...

Im about 5 months into my wait on an Ultra9. I didnt think I would regret jumping on it when it came back in stock so soon.

Maybe after a bit of time with it, it will be inspiration for a Gen 2

The improvements are impressive, but I still grin every time I wack a deer with my u9 on a 16.5” 308. Fret not!
Does make me want to get in line for a 5” to complement....

If you just bought an ultra not knowing the gen 2’s we’re being released don’t worry! Then gen 1 is an amazing can but I was looking for an excuse to order the 5” so I’ll get one this spring

Thank you gentlemen, but no real concern here, just frustrating to not get the best version of a product when paying for (what was) the quietest of a product. Just the nature of a company working on improvements (thankfully), and the hassle that is the NFA. It wont be my first can, but I did opt for the U9 for the specific reason of it being the quietest option, and now it wont be...

I doubt I would be disappointed anyways, as I am not really a number chaser, so I'll certainly manage. Looking forward to another option to play with.

Why would someone choose the Ultra 7 gen2 over the Dominus CB?

Why would someone choose the Ultra 7 gen2 over the Dominus CB?
Wondering this too. I have two Ultra 9’s (6.5 & 30cal) debating on whether to to get a Ultra 7 or Dominus CB next.... hell might just make the plunge for the 338 idk

Wondering this too. I have two Ultra 9’s (6.5 & 30cal) debating on whether to to get a Ultra 7 or Dominus CB next.... hell might just make the plunge for the 338 idk
Just my opinion, I think the Ultra 7 is one of the best options out now. Smaller size, smaller price, just as good suppression, what's not to like?

Reactions: Holliday
Just my opinion, I think the Ultra 7 is one of the best options out now. Smaller size, smaller price, just as good suppression, what's not to like?
Yeah been bouncing back and forth on which one to get. Smaller diameter on the U7 but a tad bit longer then the Dominus. Lighter by a hair. Only thing that has me leaning to the Dominus is the slightly shorter barrel length. I’m sure I can’t go wrong either way. Gonna hold out on the 338 ultra for hopes of a Gen 2 in R&D.

Last edited:
Reactions: NiteQwill
If I was primarily shooting 6mm, would a 338, 6.5 ultra 9, or dominus be the most quiet?

So I’m not the best at knowing how to find stuff online, but I’m ready to put my money down on a gen2 ultra 9. I would prefer green, but will get over it. Can’t find one in stock through google or going down the list of dealers from recent shipments on TBAC website. Saw a couple ultra 9s in stock, but no distinction if they were gen 1 or 2. Email sent on those. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

You can always call the office (307.287.2052) and we can help find a can for you.

Can’t find one in stock through google or going down the list of dealers from recent shipments on TBAC website.

You gotta call them all. I did just this yesterday and found a couple Ultra 7's that had been sold minutes before I called and some that had them in stock. In other words, the dealer websites are not up-to-date.

I went to Mile High and picked up a gen 2 Ultra 7 in 30 cal. The last I bought was a gen 1 Ultra 7 in 6.5. I near immediate regretted not getting the 30 so I've rectified that now. The process is much easier than it used to be. They do the fingerprints, pictures and will even notarize. The only 'problem' is that I didn't write a separate check for the tax so I'll have no idea when it's cashed.

Reactions: ETXSweetCheeks
Well, this is great news that sucks...

Im about 5 months into my wait on an Ultra9. I didnt think I would regret jumping on it when it came back in stock so soon.

Maybe after a bit of time with it, it will be inspiration for a Gen 2
Haha I'm about 2.5 months in, I get your pain. I didn't expect this. But... I'm sure we'll both love our Gen 1's.

BTW I bought it from @HansohnBrothers, they were awesome to deal with.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
What are the threads for the mount? Will the Dead Air KeyMo setup fit on these? If so, I'd love to add a Gen2 7" .30 to the stable...

What are the threads for the mount? Will the Dead Air KeyMo setup fit on these? If so, I'd love to add a Gen2 7" .30 to the stable...
The thread is unique to TBAC, and is designed to fit their brake. Only other mount I’m aware of is the Area 419 hellfire system.

Haha I'm about 2.5 months in, I get your pain. I didn't expect this. But... I'm sure we'll both love our Gen 1's.

BTW I bought it from @HansohnBrothers, they were awesome to deal with.
No doubt, I am excited. I actually just got a message today that a handful of stamps has arrived (to include the U9), unfortunately I wont be able to make it to the shop for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully a blessing in disguise, as I have another pair pending that were done 3 weeks after this batch, so waiting until after the new year may save me an extra 6-7 hours of driving down to pick them up the next batch too. Hopefully yours will come through quickly as well!

No doubt, I am excited. I actually just got a message today that a handful of stamps has arrived (to include the U9), unfortunately I wont be able to make it to the shop for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully a blessing in disguise, as I have another pair pending that were done 3 weeks after this batch, so waiting until after the new year may save me an extra 6-7 hours of driving down to pick them up the next batch too. Hopefully yours will come through quickly as well!
That's great! Hopefully mine comes back quickly.

So with the new numbers on the Gen 2 cans is there still an advantage in getting a dedicated 6.5-Ultra 5 or can one just go with the .30cal Ultra 5?

I have now purchased 4 TBAC cans this year but having a hard time finding simple breaks to be able to run them? Any clue when they’ll be in stock so I can enjoy them

No, it just depends on what threads you need vs. our production schedule and pre-ordered demand. Average wait might be 4-6 weeks. There's a chance we have what you need but it isn't listed online. Please call or email direct

Apologies if I missed it, but same brake mount as the previous version?

I ordered a 22 Takedown on 12/31 and a Gen 2 Ultra in 6.5 and a 556 Takedown through my local dealer today. Checked the item number on the 22 today and it says pending but expect a serial number in Novemberish... Ouch..

• Wow
Reactions: NiteQwill
How do you get the CB flash hider & brake tight enough since there are no wrench flats? Maybe it does have wrench flats and I'm not aware.
Anyhow, I'm asking because I was wondering if it is some thing that only needs to be hand tight.

Reason I'd like that is my 223 is long enough already but pretty quiet unsupressed that if I'm not shooting it with the can, I want to remove the CB altogether and store it with thread protector.

Please correct me if I am wrong here. But from looking at the new numbers on the GEN 2 it appears the new GEN 2 Ultra 5 is just as good as the GEN 1 Ultra 7? At the shooters ear the G2 Ultra 5 meters at 133 and the G1 Ultra 7 was 132 and change. Or am I just completely wrong here?

I was so split on a Dominus vs Ultra 7. Looks like Dominus is a good in-between the 7 and 9... So...

Ended up ordering the Dominus AND 338 Ultra 🤣

I guess that should cover everything.

Estimated time May 2022. 😧😧

• Wow
Reactions: HenryTheAce
Please correct me if I am wrong here. But from looking at the new numbers on the GEN 2 it appears the new GEN 2 Ultra 5 is just as good as the GEN 1 Ultra 7? At the shooters ear the G2 Ultra 5 meters at 133 and the G1 Ultra 7 was 132 and change. Or am I just completely wrong here?
Using all good (ie PULSE meter) numbers, shooter's ear location, and using 308 for comparison, a Gen 1 Ultra 7 is still a couple dB quieter than a Gen 2 Ultra 5. Put another way, a G1U7 is halfway between a G2U5 and a G2U7.

Is anything even available? The website says out of stock. How long is the wait?