• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unit(s) bitches

Yes, all very funny. However, the point still stands. Words have meaning and words mean things. What if I asked you what inch your barrel was? Does that make sense?
Depends on whether you are talking about my rifle or my gun... also, is that inch MOA?

Speaking of which I like to clean my rifles with Blinker Fluid--but I can't decide if I need a whole cubic yard

It drives me nuts...

Help stop the bastardization of the English language.

Short trip fer ya?
Well, they're's yer problum, Skippy.

We dont speak English. We speak
AMERICAN.

Jeez, (Some people's kids)...

Reactions: Stevo86
It drives me nuts when people say, "What grain weight", or, "What grain of bullet", do I ..... Grains is a unit of weight, like mph is a unit of speed. Help stop the bastardization of the English language.
1A78B596-9664-4466-8268-5A917660B805.jpeg

There's a lot more things much higher up on my 'Things people say that annoy the fuck out of me' list right now, such as the growing frequency of hearing, even by our own media including NewsMax, "When Biden takes office..." or "In the upcoming Biden Administration."

They can choke themselves on one of Cumala's black dildos.

As a Lance Corporal, I got a Sgt on the ID 10-T tax form joke. I kept in front of him and had him running all over the place looking for one. Finally he caught on.

Ah, good times...
As a new Corpsman I got the run-around by my Marines.

Fucking Humvee keys, 6 feet of "gun line" from the artillery gun chief, etc, etc.

Reactions: Slash0311
A friend of mine was a CPO in the Navy during the Korean War. He spent almost all of his time in submarines, except for a TDY to an aviation wing in Pensacola. He processed into the wing on a Friday.

He told me that all he knew was submarines. He knew nothing about aircraft.

A young junior enlisted sailor tells him that the "Link Trainer" is flying to San Diego that night and would return on Sunday. The sailor told him that if he was back at 2200, he could catch a hop and go to San Diego for the weekend.

This sounded good to my friend. So he returned with his gear and all dressed up at 2200. He was wondering around the hangar, not knowing where to go to check in for the hop to San Diego.

Another CPO saw him and asked what he needed. My friend told him that he wanted to catch a ride on the "Link Trainer" to go to San Diego.

The Chief said, "follow me," and he was led to another room within the hangar. The doors opened and the chief pointed to the "Link Trainer," then told him that was his ride to San Diego.

Link trainer...

Link_Flight_Simulator_Trainer_Blue_Box_resize_md.JPG

It drives me nuts when people say, "What grain weight", or, "What grain of bullet", do I ..... Grains is a unit of weight, like mph is a unit of speed. Help stop the bastardization of the English language.
Stfu, you joined 10 days ago. You dont have the right to bitch yet.....

Doc

I need a box of grid squares if anyone can square me away. Not sue how many grains that will be though.,
My Gunny tried to get me with that shit when I was helping reorganize the medical supply conex once... in the summer....

"Hey, Doc, back in that corner there should be a box of metric grid squares about yay-big [uses hand to approximate box size]. It's for the XO, and he needs 'em ASAP"

So I, being the awesome Corpsman I was, already knew grid squares weren't a thing. "You got got it, Gunny" says I.

I dug through boxes like a champ and every few minutes I'd pop my head out, sweating like a whore in church, and be like, "Gunny, you sure it's back here?"

"Yeah Doc, I'm sure I saw it there a couple months back."

"Roger, Gunny."

A crowd of NCO's, SNCO's and a couple officers (including the XO) began to amass... I hear some laughter and jokes being said. Oh, yes, they thought they got Doc real good.

About 15-20 minutes of "looking" and I emerge with a "yay-big" box of goodies I had created:

"Gunny! I found the box!! Holy shit it was hot in there!" Everyone goes silent and looking at me like "WTF you found it?!" Priceless. Handed Gunny the box, which I taped closed.

On the box I wrote "Metric Grid Squares".

Inside the box I had:

1 - Empty water bottle, wrapped in duct tape with "BLINKER FLUID" written on it.

1 - Box of batteries which I re-labeled "CHEMLIGHT BATTERIES"

1 - unknown length of 550 cord with a duct tape label "Gun Line"

It was fucking glorious. Everyone dying of laughter.

I have a little background in filed artillery and it drives me nuts when I hear someone say "shrapnel" when they should be calling it "shell fragment."

So, I understand the OP's frustration.

So we see.

Reactions: Longshot231
Well, he is a newbie so let me say...

Merry Christmas.

OP, you fucking pinecone, get back here so we can bully you some more

Touche' and winner.
Weight, gravitational force of attraction on an object, caused by the presence of a massive second object, such as the Earth or Moon. Weight is a consequence of the universal law of gravitation: any two objects, because of their masses, attract each other with a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them. Thus more massive objects, of course, weigh more in the same location; the farther an object is from the Earth, the smaller is its weight. The weight of an object at the Earth’s South Pole is slightly more than its weight at the Equator because the polar radius of the Earth is slightly less than the equatorial radius. Though the mass of an object remains constant, its weight varies according to its location. The smaller mass and radius of the Moon compared with those of the Earth combine to make the same object on the Moon’s surface weigh one-sixth the value of its weight on Earth.