• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unity Hot Button, Modbutton lite or???

black5.3

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2017
NC
Just recently got a Dbal A3 and have it mounted up with my Surefire m600 sitting beside it at the 1:00-2:00 position on the rail. Im really looking to utilize the vis override option on the laser(or at least have the capability to when I feel like it). I really want a mlok compatible dual lead Unity hot button for this but it seems like they have been talked about or in the works for well over a year and still nothing available. So the only real option im considering other than the Unity is the Modbutton lite. Although I would really prefer the Unity hot button so I could mount it at the 10:00-11:00 position on the tail and it would be kinda tucked under the Dbal for a clean look but still be easily functional. Not really interested in the Unity TAPS because im not crazy about visible and ir being actuated so closely and the amount of rail space it takes up on top.

What are some of you guys doing? A small dual lead switch would be really clean and address my visible activation nicely. I plan on lighting up my ir settings from the button on the Dbal directly so I don’t really have a desire to run anything ir from a switch.

Thanks!

I have every product on your list.

I use my Mobdutton Lite dual lead to activate my white light and MAWL simultaneously when the MAWL is on VIS setting. Mine works well. However, mine makes an annoying "click" noise when you release it as the membrane switch pops back up. Not every unit has this but I find it a bit obnoxious. It is very compact, seems to work reliably, and attaches pretty solidly to the top rail.

I have a TAPS SYNC and I don't like how much rail space it takes up. On an SBR with a magnified optic it's a genuine problem. On a 16" gun it probably would be OK. The MLOK attachment method also sucks TBH. I know they make the DBAL version which is probably appealing to you, no one else has a specific switch to take advantage of the vis override system. But it probably has the same issues of rail space and attachment method.

I fucking love all my Hot Buttons. They work really well, the attachment is rock solid, and I prefer having constant-on as an option. But they are dragging ass on a dual-lead version. I did have one stop working, but Unity took care of it instantly.

It sounds like a dual lead modbutton lite is your jam.

Reactions: black5.3
I have every product on your list.

I use my Mobdutton Lite dual lead to activate my white light and MAWL simultaneously when the MAWL is on VIS setting. Mine works well. However, mine makes an annoying "click" noise when you release it as the membrane switch pops back up. Not every unit has this but I find it a bit obnoxious. It is very compact, seems to work reliably, and attaches pretty solidly to the top rail.

I have a TAPS SYNC and I don't like how much rail space it takes up. On an SBR with a magnified optic it's a genuine problem. On a 16" gun it probably would be OK. The MLOK attachment method also sucks TBH. I know they make the DBAL version which is probably appealing to you, no one else has a specific switch to take advantage of the vis override system. But it probably has the same issues of rail space and attachment method.

I fucking love all my Hot Buttons. They work really well, the attachment is rock solid, and I prefer having constant-on as an option. But they are dragging ass on a dual-lead version. I did have one stop working, but Unity took care of it instantly.

It sounds like a dual lead modbutton lite is your jam.
It sounds like the concerns you have with each item is exactly what I was concerned with. I have all but ruled out the TAPS mainly because of how close in proximity the buttons are for vis/ir. For a dual lead button that is smaller the modbutton lite is the only game in town for now I guess. I’m still kinda stuck on the thought/idea of a dual lead hot button though.