• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Universal suppressor?

steve101610

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2019
I’m looking to purchase my first can and I’m probably looking for a unicorn but is there a suppressor that can handle 10.5” 450 pistol and rifle calibers like 6.5 and 6 creedmoor? I have looked at the hybrid 46 but it doesn’t look like it can do shorter than 16” 450. I plan using subsonic 450 but would like the option of supersonic also.

I don't know of a large-bore silencer that is rated for 10.5" .450, but the Bushwhacker 46 is the closest you're going to get. Subsonic .450 (like the Hornady load we used in our sound test comparison video) would probably be fine with the Bushwhacker on your 10.5" pistol... but the silencer isn't specifically rated for it.

So I am Looking for a unicorn!

the Griffin Bushwhacker 46 suppressor is the best can in the class. That being said it’s 16.8oz in the rifle configuration with the Plan-A taper mount adapter. If it was any lighter weight it wouldn’t support the calibers it was intended for for 99% of shooters. If you need a suppressor for a 10” 450 type caliber you’d be better off with a really heavy overbuilt form1 style can In 4130 or 4140 steel with thick tube wall.

Most market leading cans these days are a mix of performance, spec weight, features, etc.

Reactions: GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT
Hybrid 46, running subsonic 450bm out of 10.5” will be fine. The only thing that’s nice about the Griffin Armament Bushwhacket 46 is its user serviceable so you can clean up un-burnt powder.

Went and fondled my BW46 today for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised with about every feature of it. The weight was probably what got me the most. It seems like it's going to be an amazing addition.

Sorry this pic is such garbage quality, but it's the best I could do on my cell without looking like a total DB in the shop. That's a BW46 on a 17" barrel.

1582677117525.png

• Love
Reactions: GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT

Thank you. It's something I put together last night. I had two 28" 6x47L barrels sitting around, so I had one parted to 17" and threaded 5/8"x24. I've been using a 6br for my coyote rifle for a few years now, but all of my 6br barrels are 26", so I thought I would try this shorty concept out for myself with this 6x47L setup. It's a ARC Nuke action in a KRG X-Ray with a Trigger Tech special. In that pic it's wearing a NF NXS 5.5x22, but I'm not sure how long that will stay on there.