• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Unsolicited plug for Eric at Possum Hollow (Bore Guides)

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    Just got a new MPA 300 Norma Mag today, and did what I've done several times in the past ... I picked up the phone and called Eric at Possum Hollow. He answered on the second ring, took the action and caliber info, asked a couple of good questions, and figured out exactly the bore guide I needed to fit the action in my new rifle. He didn't have any in stock, but told me he'd "make me one" later today and get it shipped out tomorrow. If you're buying bore guides online hoping to get the right one, or if you're not using a bore guide sized specifically for your action ... then you might want to rethink your strategy. Here's his contact info ...

Agree! I picked up one of their #13 bore guides for the first time a coupe months ago. Good product and priced right.

The Possum Hollow bore guides for rimfires are especially well made. Very impressed with the one's Eric made for a Bergara B-14R and Christensen Arms Ranger (new one he quickly produced). It's great not having to pull the ejector when you need to clean.

Does he make barrel off bore guides? His website is a little janky. The link to the chart doesnt work

Reactions: KenCS
    Try McMAster Carr industrial supply. Viton is probably the most chemical resistant

Try McMAster Carr industrial supply. Viton is probably the most chemical resistant
    Apologies for being ignorant. Do I just measure the inside of the rings I currently have? Or how do I determine which rings to order?

for:

if these are the wrong ones, please let me know which ones to get:

Since he is a Sinclair, and the Sinclair bore guide is identical, does anyone know if he makes all of theirs too, or did they retain the right to continue to produce them themselves after the Sinclairs sold out? Possum Hollow and the identical Sinclair are the only ones I've ever used and they are great - especially with the integral solvent port option.

Apologies for being ignorant. Do I just measure the inside of the rings I currently have? Or how do I determine which rings to order?

for:

if these are the wrong ones, please let me know which ones to get:
    Thickness of the o-ring and its diameter.
    ACE Hardware or NAPA should have them in stock. Make the trip. Buy a little bag of them.
    Also, if you put a very light coat of bore cleaner on them before you install the bore guide, it's less likely to roll and tear the o-ring.