• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPDATE!! I found THE APEX OF TOASTERS! Ok, outta left field. Why do modern toasters suck tranny nuts?

Everyone wants "the easy button."

"Just eliminate this one food and you can eat whatever else you want."

What utter rubbish. The truth is that moderation and exercise are the keys to weight maintenance. It is hard to say "no" to that pie at Thanksgiving (unless it is the pie my mother in law makes, it is easy to say no to that). It is hard to push away from the table when your stomach is saying, "there's always room for Jello." Kids brought home 10 lbs of Halloween candy? One snickers isn't going to kill you, right? And, you walked to the mail box last week. You deserve this. Getting up 2 hours early to hit the gym before work is hard. Even harder to hit they gym after getting the kids to bed. The only easy button weight maintenance solutions that were worth a damn are amphetamines, and, well...

My son is a high school junior. His HS starts at 7:30 am. He has Tennis practice every day after school, shotgun practice 2x per week after school and on Saturday morning, and we have brazilian jiu jitsu class 3 nights per week. He gets up at 4 AM to hit the gym before school, 4 days a week. The kid is driven, and he looks it. Of course, having a 16 year old's metabolism doesn't hurt, but if he isn't active he isn't grazing like the average american.

Want to lose weight? You don't have to give up any one food. Just push away from the table as soon as you are satisfied, not when you are full. Use a small plate. Don't go back for seconds. Don't drink your calories. Split meals with your significant other when you go out to dinner. Carbs are not the enemy. You are.

In 1975 or so the govt decided programming people to eat shit was going to be profitable.

It also put us on a collision course with Type 2 diabetes and obesity. There has to be achart that shows this but I am not researching it.

You will not convince me otherwise.....Iam woke.

• Love
Reactions: W54/XM-388
I think they are just finicky at start. You need to learn to read them, and slowly you get bonded together.
Maybe they also have to be broken in?

I think my toaster cost 99 cents ten plus years ago. I’m going to be sad when it dies, and I have to find a new one

I like to make some butter every once in a while. A good thing of heavy cream and a blender makes for a nice piece of toast

Just buy these, and you'll never have to worry about it wearing out.
Screenshot_20211020-070041_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211020-070005_Chrome.jpg

Its the state of steady burn with low heat.

Sure a log fire is impressive with its big flame and sudden heat but it burns pretty quick. Think of it as a carbohydrate

Pellet stoves you dont get that big impressive flame but you get a constant consistent burn. Thats how you get rid of fat and maintain steady state energy.
Pellet stoves are for people that want to cook with wood but don't want to cook with wood

Let me give you a visual

Pellet Smoker 03.jpg

In 1975 or so the govt decided programming people to eat shit was going to be profitable.

It also put us on a collision course with Type 2 diabetes and obesity. There has to be achart that shows this but I am not researching it.

It's funny how the sheeple want more government involvement in their food and beg for it.
No matter how hard you tell them the government is responsible for all the millions of people with Type 2 and obesity, they refuse to listen.

Even the "freedom" types line up to defend the government and say it's the people's fault for not figuring out how to leave society and go hunt in the wilderness all their lives.

And nobody does anything about it....

I want to laugh, but I smoke on a big green egg. That probably marks me as a man-bun sporting 6.5 CM shooter…
A BGE or A Kamado Joe is not a pellet smoker...you actually have to learn how to control the heat by understanding how to stack and light the lump for a given temperature and duration and more importantly how to adjust the vents throughout the cook to maintain temperature. It is a participatory process unlike pellet burners which are set and forget it..until the hopper and auger fucks up and your food goes up in smoke so to speak.

I have a KJ Big Joe III and it is no different than cooking on my offset stick burner. I actually am considering putting the offset for sale since getting the BJ III. I also shoot 6.5 CM through my AXMC but don't have a man bun....LOL

Now the good part of a pellet stove is the time you save which most pellet users use to entertain themselves.

Pellet Smoker 02.jpg

I suppose the 1975 reference is to the federal guidelines for a balanced diet. That was before my time, and I can remember as a kid thinking- I’m never going to get 6-8 servings of rice/bread/pasta down in a single day.

The food pyramid was a good idea poorly executed. I have news for you- people were already eating like shit. Americans have “enriched flour” because we eat like shit. We have some friends from England (ENGLAND of all places) that complain about the quality of bread in America- because it is ALL made with enriched flour. Why is all of our flour enriched you ask? And what IS this enrichment? Flour is enriched with folic acid (among other nutrients like iron and niacin) in an attempt to prevent birth defects caused by imbalanced diets. If you eat a balanced diet, there is no reason for enriched flour or pre-natal vitamins. And, the birth defects those pre-natal vitamins are trying to prevent are already a done deal by the time the new mother knows she is pregnant. But, enriched flour was already a mandate by the 50s.

All of the various food lobbies got their fingers in the pie and turned the guidelines int a disaster.

“We can’t discourage people from eating salty snacks. That will kill the snack industry.

“Lump them in with pasta amd bread.”

“We should put meat and dairy together.”

“But that will discourage people from drinking milk and eating cheese, killing the dairy industry.”

“Ok, we’ll make dairy it’s own category.”

Etc, etc, etc. You can blame the govt because they were at the helm, but it was the lobby groups driving the train into the car carrier, creating a set of guidelines that suck tranny nuts harder than a modern toaster.

Reactions: Bender
I suppose the 1975 reference is to the federal guidelines for a balanced diet. That was before my time, and I can remember as a kid thinking- I’m never going to get 6-8 servings of rice/bread/pasta down in a single day.

The food pyramid was a good idea poorly executed. I have news for you- people were already eating like shit. Americans have “enriched flour” because we eat like shit. We have some friends from England (ENGLAND of all places) that complain about the quality of bread in America- because it is ALL made with enriched flour. Why is all of our flour enriched you ask? And what IS this enrichment? Flour is enriched with folic acid (among other nutrients like iron and niacin) in an attempt to prevent birth defects caused by imbalanced diets. If you eat a balanced diet, there is no reason for enriched flour or pre-natal vitamins. And, the birth defects those pre-natal vitamins are trying to prevent are already a done deal by the time the new mother knows she is pregnant. But, enriched flour was already a mandate by the 50s.

All of the various food lobbies got their fingers in the pie and turned the guidelines int a disaster.

“We can’t discourage people from eating salty snacks. That will kill the snack industry.

“But that will discourage people from drinking milk and eating cheese, killing the dairy industry.”

Etc, etc, etc. You can blame the govt because they were at the helm, but it was the lobby groups driving the train into the car carrier, creating a set of guidelines that suck tranny nuts harder than a modern toaster.

Poorly executed isn't really correct.
It was known bad from the very start.

Back in the day when the country used real sugar, the price of sugar would often fluctuate wildly depending on crops / embargoes against other countries and a host of other things. This made politicians unhappy because if the price of food started going way up during an election year, it might be bad for their re-election. So they decided to get the country hooked on high fruitcose corn syrup to level out prices and keep the corn farmers in their pockets.
Health of the nation be damned, and it did exactly that, damned the health of the country.

Then as a second hit, way back 50+ years ago it was well known (including to the evil government food control types) that sugar and to a certain extent heavily processed carbohydrates were what would make you obese and that fat was perfectly fine.

BUT the guys with the fats (meat producers) didn't have nearly as much political pull or as big of a voting block for the Democrats as the Corn farmers and other grain farmers. So the government declared a "war on fat" which from the very start, everybody who decided to push that lie, KNEW it was a lie, and knew it was the opposite of the truth and knew what it would do to the nation. BUT money and greed were all they cared about.

So they pushed "low fat" stuff packed with high fruitcose corn syrup, salt and highly processed carbohydrates and "butter substitutes" that were little better than industrial waste and the country paid the price for the greed and ambition of the few.

Horribly evil was what they did to the Children of this country where the government BANNED serving the kids whole milk, which would have been the best thing for them. Instead the children were made to choose between Orange Juice and "Chocolate" "Skim" "Milk" loaded with HFCS.
That exploded childhood obesity and childhood diabetes and ruined a whole generation or more. And they still push that B.S. to this day.

You ever wonder why kids could drink soda back in the 50s and be normal but today they all look like little jaba the huts?
High Fruticose Corn Syrup plays a HUGE role in that.

Here is a good almost 2 hour course on it:

Thats a lot of words.

I have it figured out.

Drink water, drink rye, eat meat, fat and green vegetables.

Excercise.

Toasters are useless unless they pop out cooked hamburgers, no bun.

• Haha
Pretty much. Hang on while I go look for wood here in suburban AZ. My neighbor has a Jujube tree maybe that would work lol.
My grandmother cooked on a wooden stove. It also was the hearter in winter. I hauled wood.

Got a circa 1990 black and decker toaster. Still works perfectly.

Just throw the damn bread on the exhaust manifold while you’re heating up your truck in the morning.
warm truck,warm toast GTG
I used to do this with cans of chili and beans on Pulling machines in the winter in the oil field. Let it sit too long and you got problems. Bread should warm up nicely though.

Sorry my friend, but the best toaster on the planet is a Dualit. Guaranteed for life, expensive as Hell and worth every penny.

1652554855855.png

Okay, I just watched like 10 minutes of a video... on a toaster.

I kinda want one.

Screenshot_20220514-141055_Chrome.jpg

But I don't want one that bad... haha
That's a badass toaster

• Love
Did you just assume my toasts gender and preference?
On the bottom of that toaster it should have the factory code saying it was made in Portsmouth UK. Same building as AI Rifles just made one product line over.

Reactions: BCP
Just skip the wrapper, eat the real shit
I eat some real low carb shit that taste like normal bread without being sweet, it’s a texture thing. Fluffy slightly wet scrambled eggs on a piece of grilled buttered toast just feels right.