• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPDATE!! I found THE APEX OF TOASTERS! Ok, outta left field. Why do modern toasters suck tranny nuts?

Toast? I don't know why you need electricity. Just leave your bread on the countertop overnight and it will get hard just like toast.

I eat some real low carb shit that taste like normal bread without being sweet, it’s a texture thing. Fluffy slightly wet scrambled eggs on a piece of grilled buttered toast just feels right.
My wife and I recently went to a keto conference so we’re hard in the paint keto evangelists right now. I’ll calm down in a few more weeks
So no garlic toast?
Nope. And all of this breakfast is at dinner. Vampires aren’t known for being breakfast people

Reactions: camocorvette
My wife and I recently went to a keto conference so we’re hard in the paint keto evangelists right now. I’ll calm down in a few more weeks

Nope. And all of this breakfast is at dinner. Vampires aren’t known for being breakfast people

We found a garlic and cheese spread for our breads. It is extremely good. Gotta have a slice or 2 with pasta dinners. We also use it to make garlic potatoes. Goes very well with pork.

Reactions: The D and Bender
I’m not on keto really I just stopped bread and sugar for a few years. I refuse to believe huge gobs of extra butter in my food is healthy.

I eat this they make white too and cinnamon.
D30DB4D3-E5D3-4B19-B692-A6C44279DC88.jpeg

Reactions: The D and Im2bent
Toast? I don't know why you need electricity. Just leave your bread on the countertop overnight and it will get hard just like toast.
Not around here. Bread molds before it goes stale…

Brava is WAY overpriced for what you get but if it makes you happy...so be it

Overpriced is a mild term. I would just use the oven, but the wife insisted we needed a toaster so she bought a Kitchen Aid...beacuse it matched the cake mixer...that doesn't get used.

Ours is kinda fancy. Automatically goes down when you put in the bread. Not really any better at actually making toast. :)
20190211_190251.jpg

Reactions: Bender
Overpriced is a mild term. I would just use the oven, but the wife insisted we needed a toaster so she bought a Kitchen Aid...beacuse it matched the cake mixer...that doesn't get used.
I was being polite...LOL

We have the big 8 quart Commercial Line Kitchen Aid Mixer...it gets used a LOT but is still 3rd to the Wolf and VitaMix blender in terms of use.

I’m not on keto really I just stopped bread and sugar for a few years. I refuse to believe huge gobs of extra butter in my food is healthy.

I eat this they make white too and cinnamon.
View attachment 7869669
Stopping bread and sugar is like 75% of the problem, so good on you.

But butter, or animal fats in general, is only eclipsed by animal meat and organs in the hierarchy of healthy foods.

I’m not trying to persuade you to try any diet, but if you want some true info about why animal fats are good for you there are plenty of legit sources

Stopping bread and sugar is like 75% of the problem, so good on you.

But butter, or animal fats in general, is only eclipsed by animal meat and organs in the hierarchy of healthy foods.

I’m not trying to persuade you to try any diet, but if you want some true info about why animal fats are good for you there are plenty of legit sources
I mean yes fat is good to an extent, but not table spoons in your coffee and the rest of the stick all day pretty much.

I mean yes fat is good to an extent, but not table spoons in your coffee and the rest of the stick all day pretty much.
Animal fat is not what kills you.

My wife has literally saved peoples lives(not hyperbolic at all) by convincing them to change to a high fat/low carb diet. Most are off all diabetes meds within a month, if done properly, and all blood panels are completely normal. Even eating butter covered steaks, egg yolks, & bacon for as many meals as possible

I use my George Foreman grill to make toast. Just as fast and good as a conventional toaster.

I'm eating a fried egg sammich on bread grilled from it now.

The best toasters are the simplest. No need for all the bells and whistles for something that's just meant to burn bread. I've had them all and we went back to a Toastmaster toaster. Here's a listing on Amazon, just to show the model. No need to buy from Amazon if you don't want to support them

This was our toaster growing up. Seriously not kidding.

7A53F8F3-11B1-46EB-9A1B-A6153E0DA4E6.jpeg

Made perfect toast!

Sirhr

try this at home.

ask somebody "how do you spell ghost?"
then ask "what do you put in a toaster?"

most will say toast. 😂

Funny story.

After buying the house we live in now and having a lot of changes done to it, my wife had always talked about the 'rich friends' parents house' that had the red knobs on the stove while she grew up and her family were basically broke immigrants.

So in the back of my mind the entire time, I thought that at one point I'd just get her the Wolf/SubZero stuff. The only thing holding it back was that the kitchen as it was when buying the house had appliances that all matched and were already another relatively expensive brand. So tossing those just to get some other shit that was 98% the same, didn't make much sense.

Soon after I moved the fridge we had in the kitchen into the garage for extra storage and beer and that gave me the excuse to say we needed a new fridge. So lets get that giant stainless SubZero one.

Christmas rolls along and I'm looking around for random things and I come across a Wolf toaster that is the double version of the one in the picture. I order it, and it arrives a few days later. I want to leave it in the box for Christmas but then give in and take it out and give it a test run.

Long story short. It was laughably bad. The stainless was some mix of stainless and stainless plastic or something. It just looked and felt cheap. The lever/plunger/push down for toast button was springy and wouldn't lock into place 50% of the time. If it did, it would pop unlocked halfway through its toasting cycle for no fucking reason and stop everything. There were a handful of times I'd walk away and the toast would be up....basically toasted for 7 seconds. And how do I know it was 7 seconds?

Because of how the heating elements were designed, to literally be .003 away from regular bread thickness, it goes from un-toasted to burnt like a motherfucker in 20 seconds.

Even I laughed at the price at the start but thought oh why the fuck not. I wouldn't pay you $10 for this thing.

Ok faggots,

I found the APEX of toasters.

I present for your consideration

The Sunbeam T-35 automatic toaster.

Feel inferior, this is the HOLY GRAIL of toasters.

View attachment 7869562

How I watch my toaster working now.

View attachment 7869563

Now you need to stop being poor and get a gas cook top.

BTW that chick is kind of average and then super fucking hot all at the same time.

buttered and grilled bread>buttered toast

change my mind.

I just tell the wife that I would like a piece of toast, soon toast appears.
I can see asking the sammich maker to bring you a beer or a sammich but who TF craves a piece of toast?

Would you like a BLT?

No thanks, but a piece of toast would really hit the spot..

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208
Some of the smaller ones fit in the house. I think.
It isn't related to size

Items that are commercial do not have the insulation of residential units and can cause touch burns. They also require fire resistant wall surfaces, larger electrical and gas supply lines and require more complex venting. Most importantly is the warranty. Commercial manufacturers will negate the warranty if used in a residential setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
Reactions: akmike47
Gas top is in the plans. I had other stuff to do at the house higher up on the list.
Gas stove was a much bigger factor when we bought our house than I care to admit. I’ll never be without one

Reactions: Nik H
One of the only good things at walmart is: https://solasweet.com/product/bread/

Actually, in toast form with some butter and cinnamon it tastes okay. But man...the farts....well...moderation is key :)
Since you mentioned it, Sola makes great toast the stuff I posted is better as normal bread. Sola is also small the stuff I posted is larger which is nice for a sammich

Gas cooktop with high output burners is a BIG requirement for me. I prefer electric ovens over gas ones.
I was prepared to be underwhelmed when we moved in. Thankfully I was completely wrong

Before I was born my mom and dad came to Austin from Japan to visit my mother's mother. She didn't have a toaster so my dad, being a thoughtful SIL, went to the Bergstrom AFB PX and bought her a heavy duty Sunbeam. I remember it later as a kid sitting on the counter and it looked like it could survive the Hiroshima bomb blast.

So, years later I'm grown and my mom said she didn't remember seeing that toaster anymore and asked my grandmother about it. My grandmother in her weak, passive/aggressive voice said her son, my mother's younger dysfunctional, communist brother who never left home, had gotten up early one morning and for whatever reason a mentally-ill person would have to do such a thing, took the toaster, caught a city bus and donated it to Goodwill.

If I ever saw my mother mad enough to beat my grandmother to death with a mop handle it was then. And I would have dug the hole.

Last edited:
It isn't related to size

Items that are commercial do not have the insulation of residential units and can cause touch burns. They also require fire resistant wall surfaces, larger electrical and gas supply lines and require more complex venting. Most importantly is the warranty. Commercial manufacturers will negate the warranty if used in a residential setting.

No shit? Didn't know that. Particularly about the lack of insulation. That seems retarded, as if restaurants were immune from workers comp claims and suits.