• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPDATE!! I found THE APEX OF TOASTERS! Ok, outta left field. Why do modern toasters suck tranny nuts?

Most are under a vent hood that provides a lot of air movement across them. Restaurants also have "make up" air-conditioning systems for the kitchen. They provide adequate cooling to compensate for the added heat load of the appliances. The doors have handles and are insulated to not get hot. So there's plenty of safety for them in a commercial kitchen.
No shit? Didn't know that. Particularly about the lack of insulation. That seems retarded, as if restaurants were immune from workers comp claims and suits.

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
Most are under a vent hood that provides a lot of air movement across them. Restaurants also have "make up" air-conditioning systems for the kitchen. They provide adequate cooling to compensate for the added heat load of the appliances. The doors have handles and are insulated to not get hot. So there's plenty of safety for them in a commercial kitchen.

Some are 3 phase for the electric supply too.

No shit? Didn't know that. Particularly about the lack of insulation. That seems retarded, as if restaurants were immune from workers comp claims and suits.
It actually has a rationale that states that residential environments contain amateurs, children and pets that could be hurt. Commercial environments are "professional" chefs that understand the hazards. Therefore, accidents are less likely.

It usually works until the "professionals" have drinks or get stoned during breaks and come back to work.

I have seen some bad accidents in restaurants.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
The handles are insulated but the rest of it isn't. Try bumping into a commercial oven by accident. You'll only do it once

Since you mentioned it, Sola makes great toast the stuff I posted is better as normal bread. Sola is also small the stuff I posted is larger which is nice for a sammich
Good to know; because you're correct. Too small for a sammich. But about perfect for toast. I'll try that other IF I can find it.

Reactions: akmike47
It isn't related to size

Items that are commercial do not have the insulation of residential units and can cause touch burns. They also require fire resistant wall surfaces, larger electrical and gas supply lines and require more complex venting. Most importantly is the warranty. Commercial manufacturers will negate the warranty if used in a residential setting.
Also many insurance companies won’t cover a fire or accident in the house if you have a commercial unit. I know, I was going to go with all commercial appliances until they informed me of this.

1BF1999D-E566-45BB-9F8B-3C4C0ED30CEB.jpeg

So when Bender started this thread, was he really looking for advice on crisping bread slices? Or was it really a cry for help when it came to addressing a dinner crowd with polite postmeal conversation?

Sirhr