• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors UPDATE: Rectified by AAC

JSTARSZ

Lefty's Rule
Minuteman
  • Feb 6, 2008
    Wolftown
    I did my research on a suppressor and ended up going with an AAC M4/1000 in 223. That was the beginning of my pain. From my last suppressor purchase I determined that I wouldn't get another suppressor unless it was in stock at my dealer because it can be a long wait if not.

Well, my dealer called down to Mike at AAC and Mike said he had it in stock and would start the transfer to my dealer. As of today it has been six weeks and I have not even got to start my part of the wait.

I am getting ticked off about this. Am I being unreasonable? I was told the transfer from AAC to my dealer shouldn't be anymore then 3-4 weeks.

Let me know if I am wrong and I will keep waiting patiently. I just know sometime manufactures say they have one in stock get the money and then…well the customer gets to wait and hear excuse after excuse from dealers.

Re: Am I being yanked around by my Suppressor dealer?

There's no telling what is really happening.

You can have your dealer call NFA branch and check on the status of the transfer from AAC to your dealer.

I will do that tomorrow but it ticks me off to no end when I hear lots of excuses, while they hold my money, and I get the run-around.

got to love your picture..which ass is the best, hmm, what is not to like about them all.

I do have a question though, if I get it from an Major Malfunction don't I still need a local dealer to accept it from him? Because, then I am still back in the same situation.

same situation but with a better price and the major wont let you down.

some times it takes a few weeks for the transfer and longer then 2 months and i would get upset... i personally say hang out 2 more weeks tops then start busting some balls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">same situation but with a better price and the major wont let you down.

some times it takes a few weeks for the transfer and longer then 2 months and i would get upset... i personally say hang out 2 more weeks tops then start busting some balls</div></div>

I could do that but I am already starting to get steamed and antsy. I know when it gets to my transfer I can get updates by knowing when my check gets cashed and can probably get away with calling ATF once for an update. But, I know it will take 3-6 months for my transfer but for dealers...not supposed to be this long which leads me to believe that someone in my chain was not telling the full truth. If I was told that it was going to take six weeks because it had to be built I wouldn't get mad but this crap pisses me off.

bought a trident 9 from the major end of feb. he had in stock the transfer to my dealer took right at 5 weeks. so it may not be youre dealers or aac fault. blame the atf

Re: Am I being yanked around by my Suppressor deal

my can from SAS took 3 1/2 months (ordered in late Dec 09) to be delivered in April to my FFL in Connecticut. Last one I bought 2 years ago took 6 weeks to transfer. Who really knows what happened/s.... dealer said his particular ATF person was part-time etc. & the ATF was to thank for the time lag.

Me and a buddy ordered cans on the same day, back on Feb 18th. He ordered from Major and I ordered from Cade at Clyde Armory(who had far better quoted prices). Well I am coming up on my 4th week of waiting on my form 4, my buddy is still waiting on his form3!!!!!!!!!!!! My form 3 took right at 3 weeks.

Doesn't matter who you order from, its the speed of the examiner not the dealer.

Its the examiner, not your dealer. Just luck of the draw.

Thats why you dont buy shit unless you can PUT YOUR GRUBBY LITTLE HANDS ON IT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got to love your picture..which ass is the best, </div></div>
    Thanx'...I pick #3 left to right!
    grin.gif

The best thing to do is forget about it...If your waiting that long n paying for a $200 stamp...you might as well go with the best one you can get your hands on, dont let a few xtra bux scare you...

Be patient...Youll get your phone call soon
    wink.gif

I'm having trouble concentrating on your question.

Some manuf. will send a copy of the form 3 to your dealer on ordering. This cuts a significant chunk out of your wait time. Some manuf. will only send the form 3 when they ship the silencer to your dealer. AAC will forward the form 3's and serial numbers for there cans that may or may not be on the shelf. this doesn't matter unless your silencers don't reach the shelf before your form 4 is approved. Not being able to produce the silencer either at dealer or manuf. level is the only problem with how people file the forms. Here lately I have heard horror stories from people just not getting there silencers. Some have waited over a year and their dealers can not provide either a SN or a copy of their paperwork. Sucks when all class 3 deals are 100% paid up front. I have had only one case of a manuf. not being able to produce the product in a timely matter. Polite Society is another good source for cans on the shelf

Chances are no, you are not getting yanked around. It takes time and that's all there is to it. I know it's difficult, and trust me, my SOT could f'up a wet dream so it's really bad for me. I would give it a couple more weeks. If instant gratification is your thing then the class III game is probably not for you.

On another note, you will be very pleased with the M41K when you finally get it. I have one and it is worth the wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bsp212</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If instant gratification is your thing then the class III game is probably not for you. </div></div>

that is a very true statement...I really don't mind waiting and I am more than sure I will do just that I just hate to be told something and it doesn't happen. I truly understand that the ATF is probably the issue but it could as it was said above too; they had to manufacture the can so the truth was not quite indicated when he told my dealer he had it in stock. Waiting for suppressors is an art but damn it is frustrating!

Zombie101 - I think I am going with number 2 from the right.

as long as they gave you a serial number than it IS ATF that is the slow part of the process(always the slow part).

well in this case I don't have the serial number nor does the dealer as he is awaiting the suppressor to be transferred from AAC to him. That is why I am starting to think that AAC didn't have it in stock like they said they did. As you all well know when you buy the suppressor you get to pay all up front and then you get to wait while you EXPECT the others to do their part.

Hard to tell where the problem is, but I doubt it is with your local dealer.

FYI
    I ordered a Ti-rant, instock, from Polite society Jan 23 of this yr and the can did not get to my dealer until Mar 15th.

A couple of weeks later, I ordered an instock item directly from SWR and it took about the same amount of time to get to my dealer. SWR is about an hour and half drive from home.

I ordered an HVT through Gemtech and the wait became lengthy. I called Gemtech customer service and they looked into if for me. The ATF "lost" some paperwork and they had to start from scratch. Gemtech sent me some free shit for my troubles... Their customer service is top shelf.

Before buying from a distant dealer with a better price, check with your local guy what he's going to charge for the transfer. Sometimes the better price isn't worth it when you factor in an additional transfer fee. FREEDOM ARMORY in York PA charges $150.00 to transfer Class III from another dealer. They will never see a penny from me. I can drive 15 miles further and do the transfer for $75.00.

I think from all information that I have seen from the crowd it leads me to believe that the hold-up is at AAC or ATF. I am going to give it a couple of more weeks, after I bug my local dealer this weekend, and see what happens and then re-evaluate what to do next.

Sometimes the manufacturers take a awhile to send the form 3's in.

Sometimes the aTF does lose the paperwork.

seven weeks and counting...man this pisses me off to no end.
    mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was told the transfer from AAC to my dealer shouldn't be anymore then 3-4 weeks. </div></div>

i was told by YHM expect 6-8 weeks for the form 3 to clear to your dealer (and that is regarding cans that are ready to roll from the manufacturer), i also just orederd a cyclone about 3 weeks ago that was in stock @ AAC, expecting about 8wks on the form 3 to clear...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was told the transfer from AAC to my dealer shouldn't be anymore then 3-4 weeks. </div></div>

i was told by YHM expect 6-8 weeks for the form 3 to clear to your dealer (and that is regarding cans that are ready to roll from the manufacturer), i also just orederd a cyclone about 3 weeks ago that was in stock @ AAC, expecting about 8wks on the form 3 to clear...</div></div>

now that is information I could have used. My dealer told me is was taking three-four weeks so that is what I was set on mentally. This Friday will be the 8th week so maybe I should get some news soon. Then I get to start my transfer process.

I send in my own Form 3's and last year and this year alone, I've had Form 3's take from 6 days to 4.5 months.

I sent them in. I know when they arrived. I know when I got them back. It isn't always the dealers fault.

It often is though
    smile.gif

forgot to mention my form 3 from knights that took 2 months, they (form 3's) usually run about 3-4 weeks on avg. for me, but these last few have been a tad longer. u know how gov. run shit works...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">same situation but with a better price and the major wont let you down.

some times it takes a few weeks for the transfer and longer then 2 months and i would get upset... i personally say hang out 2 more weeks tops then start busting some balls</div></div>

I could do that but I am already starting to get steamed and antsy. I know when it gets to my transfer I can get updates by knowing when my check gets cashed and can probably get away with calling ATF once for an update. But, I know it will take 3-6 months for my transfer but for dealers...not supposed to be this long which leads me to believe that someone in my chain was not telling the full truth. If I was told that it was going to take six weeks because it had to be built I wouldn't get mad but this crap pisses me off. </div></div>

Just relax. My last purchase the Dealer to Dealer took almost 5 months. Most of it was because of the Louisiana State Police, but it still took awhile..

As a Class 3 dealer I can honestly say that it could be any of the above reasons that you are experiencing a delay.
    In louisiana we have to request transfer from mfg to dealer then when approved state form arrives at mfg then mfg can submit form 3, dealer than registers item with state,request transfer to customer, and when that form comes in then send out form 4 .
    Royal cluster . Worse if you wait for device to arrive before registering with state.
    Call Mike at AAC and make sure order is pending. AAC has been a little slower since the CEREBUS buy out I am waiting on a large number of cans ordered at shot.AAC invoiced me with all of the ser#s so I was able to start the state paperwork. Hope you see a ser# soon.

Well, I found out the deal today and now I am really pissed. AAC got my order from my dealer along with other suppressors and lost the paperwork. I have now sat around for just about eight weeks and nothing has happened. I will try again this weekend to look for a 223 suppressor in stock. May have to go back to Gemtech since they have a deal on right now.

FU%&* IT!!!

So, you talked to AAC and they said that they received the order and that they lost it?

Or...

Your dealer claims AAC lost it? Because I've heard that from dealers more than once... and when I called AAC and SWR (two companies that they had ordered from who had lost it) they had heard from the dealer, but he had told them he wanted to wait until he had more suppressors to order to get a better rate / save on shipping.

Just curious
    smile.gif

Semper Fidelis

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kent H.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, you talked to AAC and they said that they received the order and that they lost it?

Or...

Your dealer claims AAC lost it? Because I've heard that from dealers more than once... and when I called AAC and SWR (two companies that they had ordered from who had lost it) they had heard from the dealer, but he had told them he wanted to wait until he had more suppressors to order to get a better rate / save on shipping.

Just curious
    smile.gif

Semper Fidelis </div></div>

This.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kent H.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, you talked to AAC and they said that they received the order and that they lost it?

Or...

Just curious
    smile.gif

Semper Fidelis</div></div>
    well in this case I am more than sure it happened like the dealer said because I was in his shop when he made the call to Mike at AAC to ask if they had a M4/1000 in stock. AAC said yes and he paid for it on the over the phone right then with his company card. I then paid him the suppressor value and left his shop thinking this is a done deal and I will just have to bide my time. So, I didn't personally talk to Mike but I was next to the person that did so I am more than sure I am correct in this case. Sucks I say...I am not out to blame AAC as sometimes S$%^$ happens but it doesn't mean that I am not upset about the situation. Waiting for a suppressors is bad enough without having an issue but this makes it all that much worse to have to start over after two months of waiting for something that has not even started.

That does suck.

You'll be happy with your M41000... I have been, and I have three other .223 suppressors and still impressed with it.
    smile.gif

Sorry that you have to wait again. Hopefully your Form 3 transfer will be faster because of the bad karma up to now
    smile.gif

Semper Fidelis

Have you looked at the YHM QD 5.56 Phantom suppressor? I'm real happy with mine. Shift is .1 mil right, .2 mils up from unsuppressed and consistent.

Hope this helps.
    Trilogymac

at the moment I am no where becasue the suppressor purchase is cancelled. I can go to whom ever I want now. I have heard such great things about AAC so I chose them for my 5.56 suppressor purchase. So...I will look around and see where I will go next. Getting a suppressor can be such a pain sometimes but then again, that is the way "THE MAN" wants it.

dang, sorry to hear about your troubles, hope you get things rolling soon, i have a yhm QD 5.56 phantom and its a great can, still waiting for my aac, hopefully my transfer turns out smoother than yours.
    good luck

Well I am waiting 6+ months right now, 7 if you count from when I ordered my can. I finally got the dealer to resend my paperwork a couple weeks ago because the ATF has no record of my can yet. As of today, they still don't. Who knows when my $1300 Sandstorm will be in my hands outside the gun shop.

So, it could be worse.

-dan

it's AAC what did you expect? lol I waited 8 months for a flash hider that was supposed to be in stock

Maybe I'm missing something, but exactly where has AAC "yanked you around?"

You ordered a can, your DEALER told you to expect 3-4 weeks. It didn't happen. How did AAC jerk you around there? You haven't talked to anyone at AAC, you haven't talked to anyone at ATF, yet somehow you're sure that your dealer has done nothing wrong and that AAC has fucked it all up. Your dealer tells you they lost the order, but you haven't talked to anyone at AAC about it.

Frankly, you sound like a nightmare customer. NFA is a waiting game, if you demand satisfaction in Time Frame X, you should stick to Title I items. I ordered an "in-stock" Cyclone like 8-10 weeks ago. It still hasn't arrived at the out-of-state dealer, much less at my local dealer. But you know what? I'm not all over the internet posting that AAC, or anyone else, lied to me. If I want an update, I call Mike Mers and ask for one.

I'd still like to know if YOU talked to AAC and they told YOU that they didn't have your paperwork, or if AAC talked to your DEALER and your DEALER told YOU that AAC had lost the paperwork.

Maybe I need to go back to school for reading comprehension, but I didn't get that question answered.

Kent

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I'm missing something, but exactly where has AAC "yanked you around?"

You ordered a can, your DEALER told you to expect 3-4 weeks. It didn't happen. How did AAC jerk you around there? You haven't talked to anyone at AAC, you haven't talked to anyone at ATF, yet somehow you're sure that your dealer has done nothing wrong and that AAC has fucked it all up. Your dealer tells you they lost the order, but you haven't talked to anyone at AAC about it.

Frankly, you sound like a nightmare customer. NFA is a waiting game, if you demand satisfaction in Time Frame X, you should stick to Title I items. I ordered an "in-stock" Cyclone like 8-10 weeks ago. It still hasn't arrived at the out-of-state dealer, much less at my local dealer. But you know what? I'm not all over the internet posting that AAC, or anyone else, lied to me. If I want an update, I call Mike Mers and ask for one.</div></div>

Wow, all that and you don't even know me. I don't think you read what I wrote and just wrote something that is supposed to get me all charged up. Well, to summarize - my dealer ordered the suppressor along with several others from AAC and the bottom line was that AAC was having a bad day and the transfer didn't even get started. The end.
    I have no issues with AAC cans what so ever. In fact, I went to my same dealer today and he had an AAC M4/2000 in stock and I bought that one. He offered me a Surefire or an AAC at the same price and I have to say the look of the Surefire Welds turned me off while the AAC can looked very clean. Just my opinion.
    I always like when people come on here and try to rag on you. I was just telling my story and it happened to have AAC as a prime part of the story. My lesson learned is to always get a can from IN STOCK otherwise it will delay and you can have a problem like I did with the transfer from manufacturer to dealer.

way it works is IF aac does infact have it in stock and IF they don't take 2 weeks to ship it. (those are big IF's) then it should take around 3-7 weeks to get form 3 approved. THEN AAC can ship it to your dealer

so there is a question of is it actually in stock? How soon did AAC submit the form 3, has NFA approved form 3?, If they have has aac got around to shipping it?

NFA = you wait and smile while you do so! lol

and as far as I know you can not submit your form 4 until you know that the form 3 was approved. Even that is jumping the gun a little.

Just to bring this to a conclusion - in my case AAC received the order from my dealer but that didn't get relayed to the transfer person to start the paperwork to ATF. It never got to ATF because it was just one of those days when someone takes an order but it dropped through the cracks - it happens. In other words, I was sitting around for eight weeks thinking the process with ATF was in the works but the transfer paperwork between my dealer and AAC but it never started. It was eight weeks of waiting for something that never got started.

I have no issue with AAC cans in fact in a couple of months I will have my M4/2000 to play with.

Some think that if I didn't talk to AAC personally it could be the dealer. I guess that is true except I was in the shop and standing next to him when he ordered from AAC. If I was not there then I could look at my dealer with skepticism but in this case I was there when it was ordered.

For those who think I am bitching well I guess I am a bit but isn't this what this blog is all about for us to talk gun related items. Sorry if this bored you Conqueror but I put it out there as what happened to me and may be someone will learn from me.

I have my paperwork for the new AAC M4/2000 in my hands and I am getting my fingerprints tomorrow and have a office call with the Sheriff. Then I can start the long ATF wait process - no big deal. I don't expect it until July or August or thereafter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I'm missing something, but exactly where has AAC "yanked you around?"

Frankly, you sound like a nightmare customer. NFA is a waiting game, if you demand satisfaction in Time Frame X, you should stick to Title I items. I ordered an "in-stock" Cyclone like 8-10 weeks ago. It still hasn't arrived at the out-of-state dealer, much less at my local dealer. But you know what? I'm not all over the internet posting that AAC, or anyone else, lied to me. If I want an update, I call Mike Mers and ask for one. </div></div>

+1 on this post.

Keep in mind you C3 dealer didnt call for 8 weeks to check up on this for you. Sounds like you should know where you stand in his book of importance.