• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing updated bolt cocking piece and safety for mauser b

smithy308

Private
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2009
idaho,usa
I am looking to make an updated custom look to my 98 mauser bolt, and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get those items and how hard is it to switch them out?? Any help would be appreciated..

mtnsmith

Re: updated bolt cocking piece and safety for mauser b

I think I should have been more specific.. I am looking for an updated custom cocking piece and lo swing safety, so I can mount a scope...

mtnsmith

Re: updated bolt cocking piece and safety for maus

I do the two position side swing safety mods to the Mauser blot sleeves. $115 returned.

Satterlee arms also has a 3 pos Winchester safety for mausers. I have one on my custom Mauser and I like it alot.

thanks guys that is just what I was looking for...

mtnsmith..........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treebasher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give Gentry Custom a look. They make a great Winchester style three position safety.

http://www.gentrycustom.com/productspgs/safeties.html

</div></div>

Stay away from Gentry. If you need a three position one, go with the Lapour of Satterlee

Jim why stay away from the Gentry? I have only done 3 and admit they are a pain, but seemed okay. Mine came with no directions and I ruined the first cocking piece, but after I figured out what I was doing it seemed to go okay and now functions very well.

Measure those things all you want there is no substitute for some high spot blue for locating the bolt locking pin hole.

experience with the Gentry and somewhat the Dakota is that they are a PITA to fit and do not always orient correctly. Stick with the best, LaPour or Saterlee