• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Updated - NXS distortion - Fixed!!!!

Re: NXS distortion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dk-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my scope back on Friday and mounted it up on my .308. After talking to Ken he said the diopter was way out of wack. The glass is GREAT now, the lack of focus and resolution are gone. I was shooting at a 570 yard 10" steel plate on Saturday and had no issues! I am another happy NF owner now! Thanks for the great communication Ken. </div></div>

I think some of you complaining ought to make sure youve set your scopes up correctly before squealing like stuck pigs on quality issues !This is bad for a very good company which obviously produces some great kit!!If there are real issues this is a piss off as they have an inspect every scope before leaving the factory .Have you set it up for your focus

Having read your post I re-read the owners manual and and again tried to focus my NF.

On this attempt I was able to get a crisp focus at 22. But only by using the parallax adjustment. My understand from both the manual and my other reading was parallax should only effect sighting errors and not focus!

Now if the Parallax adjustment is indeed part of the focus process my most humble apologizes to Nightforce for a uneducated mistake. But i'm sure others will be able to confirm if this step should indeed be necessary

You have to adjust your parallax out for all yardage's If you want to shoot those sub 1/4 moa groups from 100 to 1500 yards

So what your saying is that if I was looking at a target at 1000yards away and had the parallax improperly adjust my recital would be clear and the target out of focus? Because that's what I have if i don't adjust the parallax!

Essentially if you havent adjusted your parallax correctly either your crosshairs will be in focus or your sight picture will be and the crosshairs will not be.

Parallax brings both into play for a certain range. So if you know the range you dial your parallax and as long as you have setup your focusing on the crosshairs in the first place they should both be in focus.

Parallax used to play the biggest part on target scopes because you it was more important to have both crystal clear on target, there is also a more technical reason but im sure if you googled it you would find more info on the subject.

RTFM
wink.gif

I just shipped my NSX back to nightforce for paralax adjustment, as the scope was unusable beyond 800 yards. The further beyond 800 I went the lower I had to dial magnification to see the target with any focus at all. Since I bought the scope to use on my 1K F-Class open rig, it didn't make me very happy. We'll see how long it takes to get it back.

The irritating part of the process was talking to some customer-service clown on the phone who tried to tell mt that the problem was atmospheric not the scope. I told him I didn't buy it since I had a second rifle on the range wearing a 5-25X USO that was working just fine at the same time.

Jeffvn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xPat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So much for that Nighforce quality, 3 people with the same problem!!! </div></div>

LOL. three people on the interwebs have the same problem with their scope at about the same time and suddenly NF's much vaunted QC has gone to the dogs? There's such a thing as a bad batch you know? Shit happens, I don't think this means that Nightforce has suddenly turned into Tasco on us over night...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sb_pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xPat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So much for that Nighforce quality, 3 people with the same problem!!! </div></div>

LOL. three people on the interwebs have the same problem with their scope at about the same time and suddenly NF's much vaunted QC has gone to the dogs? There's such a thing as a bad batch you know? Shit happens, I don't think this means that Nightforce has suddenly turned into Tasco on us over night... </div></div>

Welcome to the club.

Cheers,

Doc

Looks like 2 guys and one guy who doesn't know how to use his scope.
wink.gif