• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Upgrade stock or Badger m5

txhippo

Private
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2009
Hutto Texas
Hello all
Ihave a Rem. 700 5R 308 wanting to upgrade to DM the badger m5
is 1/2 the price of a AICS 1.5 from Midway. I dont care for the HS stock that is on it all that much but it would probably be ok after time.
My question how much more acurate will this stock make my rifle The hs has not been bedded yet.

Thanks for your time and Wisdom

Re: Upgrade stock or Badger m5

The HS stock is a good stock becuase of the aluminum bedding in it.The AICS uses an aluminum bed similar aswell,both do not really need bedding work done.As for accuracy it will depend on you and your set up,if you dont have the correct height rings on the AICS you wont have good cheekweld,eye relief and scope edge to edge picture.most people have rings that too low,the cheek piece on the AICS bumps up your eye level.You wont be shooting very accurate at all if the stock doesnt fit you.The HS stock might be too thin or not high enough comb either.so you really need to adjust,custom fit each stock yourself in order to get the best results.I like AICS stocks but only after years of thinking it didnt fit me, i just didnt take the time to adjust it properly.I personally wouldnt install the M5 badger on the HS stock id just save up for a better stock.good luck

I bet it won't do anything for accuracy, you don't like the HS stock, have you ever shot a rifle in a AICS, or a McM A5, or a Manners T4, try before buy, but the AICS is the fastest cheapest way to DBM and a new stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet it won't do anything for accuracy, you don't like the HS stock, have you ever shot a rifle in a AICS, or a McM A5, or a Manners T4, try before buy, but the AICS is the fastest cheapest way to DBM and a new stock. </div></div>
+1
You still need smith for hs/badger combo. Aics is just drop in and you are gtg.

Thanks for the input i've held an a5 but haven't shot many good aftermarket stocks. Just trying to keep up with my options at this point. Are the AICS stocks fairly light?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: txhippo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the input i've held an a5 but haven't shot many good aftermarket stocks. Just trying to keep up with my options at this point. Are the AICS stocks fairly light? </div></div>

LOL can you even put AICS and light in the same sentence?

I would suggest if you could find someone near you willing to let you shoot their rigs it would save you allot of time and money by getting it right the first time. Not sure where hutto is but if your near Granbury I could get you some trigger time on an AICS 300wm and a A-5 300wm for comparison.

As far as A-5's you should look at the McM website under the specials page for a good deal on one you wont have to wait for. Also JW precision and Third Gen shooter supply have them in stock with BDL and M5 floor plate inlets. As far as the AICS watch the market section here for a good deal,

Talk to Tom at Manners about a MCS-DBM. Thats what I use a T4 with a MCS-DBM. Great stock.