• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Upgrade to Nighforce NXS High Speed Turrets

Samwize

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2010
Heber City, UT
Does anyone have any information on what it would take to upgrade a NF 5.5-22 x 56 NXS to the new high speed turrents. This is such a great upgrade - gotta have it.

thanks

Re: Upgrade to Nighforce NXS High Speed Turrets

Great info - Where did take it to get it done? How long did it take to get it back?

Good info. Thanks for posting. Are they taking upgrades now?

The scope goes to the Nightforce facility in Orofino, Idaho for about four to six weeks. When I had mine done it was about four weeks total from the time it left my hands until the top it got back.

Just had turrets and Reticle change done. 4 weeks turn around for me too. $320 for Turrets and $250 for the reticle. $16 and change for shipping. Go to NF website. Find the tab for library. In library find the service form. Print it and fill it out. Call NF and tell them you want a turret change and have the form filled out. They ask a few questions and give you a service number. Mail in the form with the scope. Wait 4 weeks. Smile when it gets back.

Use both old NF and new high speed turrets. At first, I was a little worried about how fine or close the clicks were, but they have solid feel and it is a nice feature.

I just picked up a MLR/Mil hi speed. Nice!
My MLR/mil is at NF now getting change to Mil hi speed knobs. It was $336.50 including return shipping. They quote 4 to 5 weeks.

I've been looking into getting my first NF.
Those of you that have had work done ,how is their CS ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shotgun4fur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking into getting my first NF.
</div></div>

You won't find yourself needing NightForce CS very often, atleast not for defects or problems with the optic. I've delt with them once and it was nice and easy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shotgun4fur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking into getting my first NF.
</div></div>

You won't find yourself needing NightForce CS very often, atleast not for defects or problems with the optic. I've delt with them once and it was nice and easy. </div></div>

Hope to never use their CS , unless having changes done.
Thanks

I currently own seven NF scopes and have had a couple of other too. I have never had to deal with CS there until I sent this scope for upgrade. I will say they were easy to deal with so far.
You can spend more on scope and I am sure there are some with slightly better glass, but NF is good enough for me.

My experience with them was great. No issues at all. The high speed turrets I had done did come with zero stop for $320 plus shipping. They quoted turn time of 5-6 weeks and it took 4. Couldn't ask for any better service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My experience with them was great. No issues at all. The high speed turrets I had done did come with zero stop for $320 plus shipping. They quoted turn time of 5-6 weeks and it took 4. Couldn't ask for any better service. </div></div>
Is the high speed turrets similar in looks to the S&B, (large knob)? Can you post a pic? Thanks

According to a review on them by CS Tactical on LRH they look pretty much the same but with with different markings..If that makes sense. They don't look any larger than old, maybe a little taller in the .25 model.

I didn't notice them being any larger. But I had company over when I screwed on so I didn't get much chance to play. I'll take a closer look this evening and get a feel for the clicks.

I have both. The hash marks are tighter together on the high speed. A small movement goes a long way but the clicks are solid and easy to get used to. The caps appear to be the same size. That being said I won't be sending my older scope in for the upgrade. I don't think it's worth the upgrade cost, but it is worth the cost added to a new purchase. BTW both scopes have the zero stop.

RT