• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPS Store Policies

just my random .02. yes ups "stores" won't touch "gun" stuff. refused to ship a MN bolt and parts 10yr ago. customer no service hub for me opens 4PM all way on other side of gville. 1 ugly hr +. "store" will do ammo. insurance is a waste of $. had a prob from here and they never responded or paid the buyer who lost $. could do scopes as optical instrument but flat rate is cheaper and way faster (usually). i mostly use USPS priority insured for guns. getting any insurance $ back is a huge and looong PITA,maybe successful,maybe not. usps will not do ammo except from an authorized by usps (dealer) sender. guys have done that sending ammo to me flat rate. but,jail time lacks appeal for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
You guys do know you can have an item picked up at your house when sending UPS?

Reactions: skyrep
I boxed (in a thick tube) the 26" barrel of one of my PRS guns to get threaded and target crowned and dropped it at a UPS store. They just scanned it and took it. It mysteriously didn't go anywhere in their system for a few days, then poof ended up in Texas and delivered the next day after that.

...that was scary.

It is stupid easy to create a label online and ship from home or drop off at a listed drop off location (NOT a UPS store).

You can also do this with USPS through their site.

Incredibly, USPS limits the kinds of packages you can ship through their site, but if you have a PayPal account you can access those options through their shipping portal. This is independent of the PayPal transaction services, meaning it does not have to be associated with any transfer of funds between yourself and the recipient.
You can also select UPS as the carrier in the PayPal tool.

Reply that you don't use commie PayPal and never will.
I don't care.
You're in a thread about how commie fucking UPS stores won't ship your stuff.

Here are adhesive backed labels - 2 per 8.5 x 11 sheet.

Reactions: Badfinger and lash
It's not just UPS stores that are anti gun. I had a recent encounter with an actual hub that refused to ship a barrel blank because neither party was an FFL. Obviously the lady behind the counter was a moron and didn't know UPS policy or the law but you won't win the argument. Asked to speak to a manager and she brought out her cuck from the back who just stood there dickless and nodded at everything she said.

Just shipped a few parts last week, but it was pre-packaged and all legit.

We ship different hunting equipment, optics and rifle parts often. The best way I have found to get around the store is to create my own label from their website and drop my package at the store or have them come pick up. No matter what box I have equipment or other in, I select the optics or equipment options, set my own insurance, and take pictures for reference, just in case. Have found this way is much more pleasant and ends up being easier on me.

Like several people have pointed out, many "UPS Stores" are franchises and depending on where they are and if a dillhole owns them you get the crazy rules. I don't use them around here because they are stupid expensive.

There seems to be a gross misunderstanding of the term “franchise” in relationship to UPS stores. I have known two different UPS store owners and I can tell you, it would shock you at how much corporate controls them. The hallmark of the national franchise is “consistency” from store to store.

Years ago there was an uproar in Maine because one of the burger chains stopped buying our spuds 🥔 . The problem? Too good. Inconsistent with the rest of the fries 🍟 countrywide.

I once had an issue with a different UPS store and went to corporate. It involved a common policy within the franchise. Corporate sided with me and reimbursed me. It was a losing battle.....until I chose to fight.

Gun owners get screwed because they know we will simply tuck tail, gather up our toys and leave. Try that shit with a purple hair lesbian shipping 20 dildos and see what happens. We are cucks. They will draw blood.

Now as far as I know there is an established rule at UPS corporate against shipping guns at UPS stores. Having said that, if your store refuses a scope they are likely running afoul of Corporate. Since shipping is basically a three way-monopoly in this country, rolling up your dick and “going elsewhere” only takes us so far........

Reactions: KZP
The UPS Stores here generally charge 30% to 50% more to ship anything compared to the Hub that happens to be closer to my house. I found that out when I sold 2 scopes in the same week... UPS store wanted $90 to ship a scope with 2k insurance from NC to CA

you have to drop ammo or firearms off at the Hub anyway...

I should add UPS has been the king at breaking stuff in my experience, FedEx, dhl, or even USPS seem to be a much better option. I only use UPS if there are no other options, or it’s something hard to break like soft goods or a butchers block or something.

Reactions: Holliday
UPS once delivered an empty box that started out with an air conditioner compressor in it. Somewhere along the way, the compressor ripped its way out of the box and they just kept on trucking. A cclaim was filed and paid, but I got a cll two months later saying they found it and did I want it back. Idiots.

Was trying to ship a scope recently and they told me I couldnt. so I told them it was a telescope. you know to look at the stars and shit. they shipped it. but in the process I asked why.
they stated the whole franchise thing everyone else has said but also said there is sever consequences from the corporate office if they ship anything they arent supposed to. they supposedly could lose the franchise. They were more worried about their own asses than trying to enforce some asinine rule.

I shipped a pistol two days ago using FedEx and dropped it off at my local Walgreens to boot. They don't ask shit except your phone number for tracking updates. Printed and paid for the label at home. Packed it up real nice in a free FedEx shipping box. Cost about $35 w/ added Adult Signature Required, although it's not a requirement for FedEx, and $1500 insurance. UPS policy is to ship it overnight, adult signature, and proclaim it's a gun to either the driver picking it up or the receiver at their facility. USPS is much simpler for a rifle.

Took me about 30 seconds of Googling and about another two minutes to review their policy. I had to read it twice because it's so shockingly simple. Note the Nonlicensee shippers portion for most of your needs.

It's patently clear you fuckers make everything as hard as possible.

Last edited:
I shipped a pistol two days ago using FedEx and dropped it off at my local Walgreens to boot. They don't ask shit except your phone number for tracking updates. Printed and paid for the label at home. Packed it up real nice in a free FedEx shipping box. Cost about $35 w/ added Adult Signature Required, although it's not a requirement for FedEx, and $1500 insurance. UPS policy is to ship it overnight, adult signature, and proclaim it's a gun to either the driver picking it up or the receiver at their facility. USPS is much simpler for a rifle.

Took me about 30 seconds of Googling and about another two minutes to review their policy. I had to read it twice because it's so shockingly simple. Note the Nonlicensee shippers portion for most of your needs.

It's patently clear you fuckers make everything as hard as possible.

Unless you're an FFL dealer, you cannot ship a firearm from other than the carriers own shipping points. Don't believe me, ask the ATF. UPS Store, Walgreens, Mailboxes.com, Postnet, etc do not qualify.

Just found out that "any item that can be used as part of a gun" is prohibited from being shipped from a UPS store. I tried 4 different stores on my way to work...same answer from all. I was trying to ship a scope.
Anything could be “any item that can be used as part of a gun.” Either ignore it or do business elsewhere while you still can.

Unless you're an FFL dealer, you cannot ship a firearm from other than the carriers own shipping points. Don't believe me, ask the ATF. UPS Store, Walgreens, Mailboxes.com, Postnet, etc do not qualify.

you can get away with shipping all kinds of stuff youre not supposed to. I mean they dont call UPS united pot smugglers for nothin. having said that. Pretty sure you admitted to illegally shipping a firearm on the internets and should probably delete or change your comment.
this message will self destruct in 15 minutes....

So neither one of you followed the link and spent one minute reading FedEx's own rules for shipping a firearm?

Nonlicensee shippers

Nonlicensees can ship firearms to a FFL business or a FFL holder. When shipping to a FFL holder, the holder will only release the firearm to the nonlicensed recipient identified. The recipient will be required to complete the necessary forms and pass a NICS background check.

A nonlicensee cannot ship directly to another nonlicensee from a FedEx Office or other FedEx associated retail location.

I've read them all. They are all stupid simple. You're trying much too hard to make this as difficult or taboo as possible for some unknown reason.

So neither one of you followed the link and spent one minute reading FedEx's own rules for shipping a firearm?

I've read them all. They are all stupid simple. You're trying much too hard to make this as difficult or taboo as possible for some unknown reason.

I wasn't aware FedEx rules and policy overruled federal law?

Here's some more cut and paste that took about 2 minutes to find.

I wasn't aware FedEx rules and policy overruled federal law?
What Federal law are you referring to?

These? The one's that clearly state you can ship a firearm as and individual?

(B9) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by carrier?
A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 178.31, 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

(B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U. S. Postal Service?
A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. A nonlicensee may not transfer any firearm to a nonlicensed resident of another state. The Postal Service recommends that longguns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

look man you do you. read your links. didnt need to. been down this path before. everything you posted is right. and none of it addresses the point of contention. you can ship your gun with fedex. you cant drop it off at walgreens. you have to take it to fedex.
same applies with ups. you cant take a gun to a franchise ups store. you have to take it to an actual UPS owned hub with actual ups employees.
now before you shoot back with some Im smarter than you bullshit, copy and paste the part where it says youre ok to drop off your gun at walgreens.

look man you do you. read your links. didnt need to. been down this path before. everything you posted is right. and none of it addresses the point of contention. you can ship your gun with fedex. you cant drop it off at walgreens. you have to take it to fedex.
same applies with ups. you cant take a gun to a franchise ups store. you have to take it to an actual UPS owned hub with actual ups employees.
now before you shoot back with some Im smarter than you bullshit, copy and paste the part where it says youre ok to drop off your gun at walgreens.

3. Pack and ship at a FedEx Office location​

Our team members cannot pack firearm shipments. Packing materials and supplies are available at FedEx Office locations. After your firearm is packed, create a shipment at your local FedEx Office with your shipping information and a payment method. We’ll take it from there.
FIND A FEDEX OFFICE LOCATION

Tag: Now you show me where it says I can't.

Just in case you missed it.

What Federal law are you referring to?

These? The one's that clearly state you can ship a firearm as and individual?

(B9) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by carrier?
A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 178.31, 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

(B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U. S. Postal Service?
A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. A nonlicensee may not transfer any firearm to a nonlicensed resident of another state. The Postal Service recommends that longguns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

You can also mail yourself a long gun to another state, you put your name then a c/o who’s house it’s going to, and as long as “you’re” the only person that opens the package when you arrive, it’s perfectly legal to ship a gun out of state without a ffl.

You can also mail yourself a long gun to another state, you put your name then a c/o who’s house it’s going to, and as long as “you’re” the only person that opens the package when you arrive, it’s perfectly legal to ship a gun out of state without a ffl.

True, but getting UPS to let you do that is another story. Not sure if FedEx knows that it's allowed?