• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UPS To Require Unlimited Access To Firearm Shippers Books

msgriff

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2021
Rogue Valley OR
Ammoland 10/12/22 article
The new policy includes access to customer data. UPS looks like it's trying to pump up their ESG score. Their version of the "discourage button". This includes non-serialized firearm parts.

WASHINGTON, D.C. -(Ammoland.com)- Last month, AmmoLand News posted about the new anti-gun policies of shipping giant UPS. Now it appears that the common carrier is stepping up its anti-gun programs.

Firearms sellers started to receive a new agreement that they must sign to ship firearms through UPS. The letter contains new provisions in addition to the requirements announced last month. The most concerning of these new regulations is that UPS requires gun companies to turn over customer data and must allow UPS access to review and examine the shipper's books and records relevant to the products being shipped upon request. The shipper must also provide UPS with invoices for any firearms-related products.

Most disturbing is that UPS has sole and unlimited discretion over what documents they can require the shippers to turn over. This new policy gives UPS the unlimited power and discretion to examine and review any customer documents related to firearms sales. The shipper also must agree to turn over any documents UPS requests within five business days or risk the termination of their shipping accounts. UPS says It will use its newfound power to audit the books to ensure compliance with its new policies.

UPS doesn't tell customers whether the shipping company will keep customer information secure. The new UPS policy grants itself sole discretion to decide what it can examine and do with the data. Most customers do not want their private information given to anyone, especially a company that has made several recent anti-gun moves, including threatening to seize legal gun parts from one Florida seller.

More at link

• Sad
Reactions: geek65
This reeks of lawsuit in the making. Data privacy regs are getting crazy attention now. UPS obviously has a shit risk management team, because collecting whatever data they want means opening their doors to every regulator in the world. GDPR, CCPA, etc. Gonna get expensive....

nope Id tell them to f themself ( the ups ) , and pick up another up n coming company to take over for them and take my business and money elsewhere . as well as stop paying them to mail anything hit em where it will hurt em in the pocket . hell even paying 6 employees to deliver the items to a closer and closer store is better than allowing the crooks at ups unlimited access to your books unless those books are empty that would just be funny to see .

Reactions: 91Eunozs and lash
1665623020916.png

the problem here,for me at least,is ammo. fed ex generally sucks. sending ammo thru them gets you examined like an arab sending radioactive material. had to do it once on a return. always use usps to send/receive guns. they can't/won't ship ammo. still getting ammo via ups and ffls that i use still receive guns thru them. guess that makes about a dozen government data bases i (and all of us) are on.

If you have a firearm, I figure the only way you aren't on all the "lists" is if that thing was handed down for generations, you built it completely from scratch or you found it after someone else's boating accident.

That being said, I am not sure they will be able to get away with this intrusion into the workings of another business.

the problem here,for me at least,is ammo. fed ex generally sucks. sending ammo thru them gets you examined like an arab sending radioactive material. had to do it once on a return. always use usps to send/receive guns. they can't/won't ship ammo. still getting ammo via ups and ffls that i use still receive guns thru them. guess that makes about a dozen government data bases i (and all of us) are on.
If ups is going to do this and vendors are going to give the info to them then we are going to have some problems fellas. Seriously I think the ups guy delivers something gun related nearly every week to my house and I suspect it's the same for most of you guys.

When is someone from our side going to make a shipping company that will just ship stuff and not concern themselves with everyone's personal info??? I mean damn man, there's lots of wealthy conservatives.

I guess we just continue to let this stuff go until they have us all marked and start removing us one by one and label us all???

It’s also easy for people to say, fuck UPS but if you are in the business UPS is virtually the only reliable shipper there is. They pretty much have a monopoly on the shipping side of things around the globe. Who the hell you gonna go to? They know this. They are so large and control so much of the market share that I don’t see how in the hell anyone could launch a successful business that would even be remotely competitive to UPS. Yeah I agree, this is just one of many avenues to trample some rights. Capitalism only works when there is competition. Once you own so much of the market share, competition is damn near impossible. So for everyone saying fuck UPS, please let us know of some alternatives.

Sure I could pay a private shipping company to deliver a pallet of ammo somewhere at a much greater expense, that would then have to be passed along to the consumer who will then bitch about it and ultimately either not buy anymore or go elsewhere to someone that guess what, ships with UPS...the truth of the matter is conservatives must start coming up with their own businesses to combat this crap in some way. Otherwise, we have already lost. This is how they make you bend the knee and this is literally one of like hundreds of ways I can come up with to make people do so. Unless you live in the hills and don’t partake in society at all and live completely on the land then there is ways to make you bend the knee.

Reactions: lash and mosin46
It’s also easy for people to say, fuck UPS but if you are in the business UPS is virtually the only reliable shipper there is. They pretty much have a monopoly on the shipping side of things around the globe. Who the hell you gonna go to? They know this. They are so large and control so much of the market share that I don’t see how in the hell anyone could launch a successful business that would even be remotely competitive to UPS. Yeah I agree, this is just one of many avenues to trample some rights. Capitalism only works when there is competition. Once you own so much of the market share, competition is damn near impossible. So for everyone saying fuck UPS, please let us know of some alternatives.

Sure I could pay a private shipping company to deliver a pallet of ammo somewhere at a much greater expense, that would then have to be passed along to the consumer who will then bitch about it and ultimately either not buy anymore or go elsewhere to someone that guess what, ships with UPS...the truth of the matter is conservatives must start coming up with their own businesses to combat this crap in some way. Otherwise, we have already lost. This is how they make you bend the knee and this is literally one of like hundreds of ways I can come up with to make people do so. Unless you live in the hills and don’t partake in society at all and live completely on the land then there is ways to make you bend the knee.
No doubt, it isn't that simple to just say F ups. Of course if you have a local gun smith you trust, you can get them to get stuff for you and pay them. It will cost you but otherwise you will be dealing with ups. Even if a law suit were to prevail , it doesn't stop ups from asking and it won't stop vendors from complying. UPS is literally the only way to ship things with any reliability and this social credit score crap (that's being piloted by a bunch of financial outfits right now btw) is going to be a serious problem.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
No doubt, it isn't that simple to just say F ups. Of course if you have a local gun smith you trust, you can get them to get stuff for you and pay them. It will cost you but otherwise you will be dealing with ups. Even if a law suit were to prevail , it doesn't stop ups from asking and it won't stop vendors from complying. UPS is literally the only way to ship things with any reliability and this social credit score crap (that's being piloted by a bunch of financial outfits right now btw) is going to be a serious problem.
Agreed 100%, which is why it’s a necessity that we start coming up with our own alternatives. It’s literally the only way to combat this crap.

Whether or not it actually does anything in the big picture, saying 🖕UPS helps keep my stress levels down by letting off some steam rather than bottling it up. So in my “long-term little picture,” it saves me a trip to a therapist. That’s a win in my book, lol.

Whether or not it actually does anything in the big picture, saying 🖕UPS helps keep my stress levels down by letting off some steam rather than bottling it up. So in my “long-term little picture,” it saves me a trip to a therapist. That’s a win in my book, lol.
Nothing wrong with that sentiment, that's for sure!

As a shipper and receiver of firearms daily, most of that article is horseshit, nothing has changed except the fact, you can no longer drop a firearm off at the hub, it’s has to be picked up by a driver, the reason we were explained, was too many guns are getting “lost” before they get scanned into the system at the hub, and the drivers scan them immediately upon pickup. So we asked why don’t they put security cameras in, and they said the fucking unions raised hell about it. Ups has never one time asked for any customer info. I’m not stumping for ups, I’m just saying take everything you read with a grain of salt.

I'll treat them as I do Wal-Mart and Chinese made stuff....If there is an alternative I use that. As much as I would love to say fuck Wal-mart, there are times, especially in the rural areas I tend to be, that they are my only choice when I need something. Same for Chinese made shit...I mean, I'll buy batteries for my pickup made in China if the USA made batteries have to be ordered. So...if I can use USPS, FedEx, DHL or someone else instead of UPS, I will. The brown trucks are still going to be rolling down my driveway.

Reactions: lash
As a shipper and receiver of firearms daily, most of that article is horseshit, nothing has changed except the fact, you can no longer drop a firearm off at the hub, it’s has to be picked up by a driver, the reason we were explained, was too many guns are getting “lost” before they get scanned into the system at the hub, and the drivers scan them immediately upon pickup. So we asked why don’t they put security cameras in, and they said the fucking unions raised hell about it. Ups has never one time asked for any customer info. I’m not stumping for ups, I’m just saying take everything you read with a grain of salt.
What is your interpretation of this portion of their updated shipper agreement?
UPS-Policy-600x291.jpg

Some people in UPS and elsewhere REALLY need their reputations shattered by deepfaked videos of them engaging in really nasty, bizarre acts, and allegations of infidelity with their partners, and much much worse. Their reputations, careers, marriages, family lives, all need to be utterly ruined.

Like I always said, we have not been grimy and ruthless enough and we are going to have to change that if are to survive in the long run. Ming emperor Zhu Yuanzhang did not just defeat the Mongols in battle, he led Ming armies up to Shangdu, completely sacked and destroyed the Mongols' summer capital, and then scoured the open prairies and decimated herds of livestock and burned millions of acres of grassland to make it as hard as the possible for the nomads to survive the upcoming winters. He took the war to them.

I wonder if any of the conservatives are now just starting to wake up and understand why us hated Cassandras have been yelling from the rooftops for years now that this whole B.S. of "they are private companies they can do whatever they want" and worshiping corporations, was going to have really bad results for the side of good?

I've gotten my share of rotten vegetables metaphorically thrown at me when I suggested that no, corporations providing a service to the public should be held accountable to anti discrimination regulations.

I'm not going to hold my breath, I'll bet all the FUDDs just stick their head in the sand and mumble about "private company, can do anything they want, love them, obey them or get rich enough to make your own".