Us optics TS 12x

riotsuit

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2019
@thehun - Thanks for the write up. I'd be interested to hear how it holds up on your AR10 and also how it tracks, if you're willing to post a follow up.

thehun

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2018
Yeah once I get it out and shot it I will. Hopefully...in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: joshobean

Ep1985

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2018
Oklahoma
I just bought this scope, havent got it in yet. For a Remington 700 should I put a warne rail on it with low rings or get Talley low rings that mount straight on the action?

CMH

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2010
Billings, MT
I just bought this scope, havent got it in yet. For a Remington 700 should I put a warne rail on it with low rings or get Talley low rings that mount straight on the action?
I think you are going to want to go with the rail as the mounting space is really short on these and may not match up with direct mount systems.

Ep1985

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2018
Oklahoma
I think you are going to want to go with the rail as the mounting space is really short on these and may not match up with direct mount systems.
Thanks for the reply. I was worried the front of the scope would hit the rail.

CMH

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2010
Billings, MT
Thanks for the reply. I was worried the front of the scope would hit the rail.
I ran into that too. It’s a balancing act with such a short scope. I loved the scope for what it is, but couldn’t get it to fit the way I wanted.

Ep1985

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2018
Oklahoma
I ran into that too. It’s a balancing act with such a short scope. I loved the scope for what it is, but couldn’t get it to fit the way I wanted.
Did you end up running a pic rail with low rings?

Ep1985

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2018
Oklahoma
Ended up selling it as it was so short objective bell hot rail on a Tikka 308 and had to either go higher rings or move it on, so I sold it.
Gotcha. I'm going to try the 20moa warne rail with low rings and see what happens. US Optics told me low rings would be fine on a rem 700

joshobean

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2019
5-Minute Impression Review:

Bought a TS-12X from EO with the MHR reticle for my AR10 16" setup. Wanted something short that didn't cost an arm and a leg as I am investing into a Leupold DAGR clone for my SCAR17.

Fit and Finish: Excellent. Both inside and out. No dirt particles inside the optic, diopter has no play but easily worked and the magnification rings is smooth...not S&B/Steiner smooth but as good as many. Compared to the Optika6 I had...this USO (even though it is Made in China...the tolerances and overall fit and finish is better).

Glass: I compared this to my LRTS and Nitro 3-12s...I find that 12 to 18X is the sweet spot for optics anymore...glass wise it is on par with the Nitro with a bit better color and resolution but not as much as the LRTS...CA is better on the TS12X than both of the Bushnells...but it is just not as vivid as the LRTS. Per USO, they source the glass from Japan...however I expected the lack of resolution out of such compact scope that is shorter than many LPVOs. There is slight distortion between 3-4X at the edges but you have to look for it.

Turrets: Both are locking pull/push setup like many. Clicks are tactile but there is a slight "mush" feel as you go from click to click...however each .1 mil adjustment can be felt and heard. 6 mil on elevation per turn and the windage is marked 1-2-3-2-1 so you won't get lost in it easily if you do dial for windage...I personally never will once zeroed. I did test if there is any hang up like someone mentioned previously as you dial the turrets...I felt no resistance of any kind in my sample.

Reticle: They nailed it...it is a no frills, perfect mil reticle with a floating dot ... I do wish they would have added say 5 mils up top with .2 mil capability but truly I do not feel it is needed at 12X...if this optic was a 15X or higher...I would want it. But USO nailed this reticle...and I can use it at 3X.

Packaging: for people that care...the package is excellent and well designed. I really liked the checklist included that is MANUALLY written out by the technician with his/her name on it.

In closing of my 5-minutes review...I think this is very much a sleeper optic, especially at the EuroOptic price point...but as anything...the only thing that matters is how it holds up to my AR10...so time will tell...but USO offers a great warranty and informed me that they test each optic on their machine that simulates .30-06 at 5000rds prior to shipping...
Anymore feedback on this scope? I know its hard to get out and shoot during COVID. I see the MHR FFP version of this is $375 at lockedloaded.com. This would go well I think on an ar15 platform.

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Anymore feedback on this scope? I know its hard to get out and shoot during COVID. I see the MHR FFP version of this is $375 at lockedloaded.com. This would go well I think on an ar15 platform.
It's a Chinese? Made scope with questionable features. US optics is basically dead. They ain't what they used to be. Stop being poor and buy something by a reputable manufacturer. There are tons these days. Should have played this game 10 years ago and you'd understand.

thehun

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2018
I do not have it anymore as I changed to a thermal setup on my AR10...but I have no qualms recommending this optic.

joshobean

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2019
It's a Chinese? Made scope with questionable features. US optics is basically dead. They ain't what they used to be. Stop being poor and buy something by a reputable manufacturer. There are tons these days. Should have played this game 10 years ago and you'd understand.
Flame much?

I have Schmidt and Bender and Steiner too my good man. But also SWFA and Sig. I like boxed wine, and fine bourbon, chilling at home, or staying at the tallest hotel in Dubai. What can I say.

Reactions: Frankr and thehun

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Flame much?

I have Schmidt and Bender and Steiner too my good man. But also SWFA and Sig. I like boxed wine, and fine bourbon, chilling at home, or staying at the tallest hotel in Dubai. What can I say.
Not a flame at all. US optics used to be the shit. Loved mine back when. This is a different line not manufactured by them and the QC has been spotty at best for years. Do a search. You'll find a few years of disappointment.

Last edited:

joshobean

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2019
Not a flame at all. US oprics used to be the shit. Loved mine back when. This is a different line not manufactured by them and the QC has been spotty at best for years. Do a search. You'll find a few years of disappointment.
Total agreement there. I have researched, considered buying some older used US Optics in the past. Glad I didn't. This scope is just so weird and short I was tempted to try it. I got the SWFA Ultralight this year after seeing Ilya's feedback. Loved it. This to me is similar but with Parallax, FFP, a bigger tube and magnification range. Kinda intrigued me.

Poorboyr

shooter
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Ohio
Not a flame at all. US optics used to be the shit. Loved mine back when. This is a different line not manufactured by them and the QC has been spotty at best for years. Do a search. You'll find a few years of disappointment.
I agree to some extent. I do agree that USO used to be the top of the food chain. Then their products did start to lack in some QC areas. I don’t know if you tried their foundation series, but it is a truly solid scope. I have a few of them and am a huge fan.

Now about the Chinese line..... why not? Every optic company is doing it. I think it’s something that you have to do nowadays. Everybody always wants the best for lowest amount of money. Guess what, you aren’t going to get that when it’s made in the USA. People make way more money than your Chinese laborer.

Not everyone can afford a $3000 - $5000 scope.

Reactions: Pvt.Donut

Kickin45

Deaf dumb and blind
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2018
Back up to $565 already 😩

Kickin45

Deaf dumb and blind
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2018
Indeed it does, thanks.
Wonder if any other optics shops are having sales on them? I’m not familiar with Lockedloaded.com
I’d rather do business with Doug @cameraland personally

joshobean

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2019
I'd love to get it from Doug too, but I can also vouch for lockedloaded. Gotten several AR parts from them. Other than slow shipping everything was great. Couldn't beat the prices, and if you are willing to wait its worth it.

thehun

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2018
Here is what so many people need to understand about optics (or in general all products) in today's day and age...

Everything is sourced from anywhere...heck...the made in czech meopta's run Chinese battery assemblies...your Made in Japan optic has Chinese components...unless you spend a good bit of dollars...most of optics will have Chicom parts installed...I guess if so many are against Chicom...you need to dump literally every product you own...including your car...

Products need to be judged by how they perform in the field and how the company reacts to service requests...

Did you know...that literally most of the milk that is used in US processed cheese is from India...

Kickin45

Deaf dumb and blind
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2018
Order placed. I’ll throw in my 2c once it arrives.
Looks like 12-15 days.

Reactions: riotsuit