• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Us optics TS 12x

found some Nikon vertically split rings in the shop and used those to mount the ts-12 to my RPRR in 22lr. An AR-style mount will allow for better placement for eye relief but this worked out fine for today.
In short, I was impressed. The things I like the most are the reticle and the lightness of the controls. Turrets, parallax, ocular lense, zoom ring; all are smooth and operate with just moderate friction to overcome. I have no intention of putting a throw lever on this optic because the zoom is so easy to operate as is. As others have said, the reticle is very good. A couple MILs of hold under stadia would be comforting but it is just a mental security blanket. Anything close up will be easy enough to hit with a 50-yard zero on a 22lr.
The glass is perfectly fine. Clear, flat image. The lack of rotation markings on the turret barrels is annoying and a zero stop would be nice. On the otherhand, you don't have to fiddle with a zero stop every time you move the optic to another rifle. The locking turrets are cool.
I can easily see myself buying a second one. I need to find a sunshade that fits.
IMG_4297.JPG
IMG_4294.JPG
IMG_4161.JPG
IMG_4112.JPG

found some Nikon vertically split rings in the shop and used those to mount the ts-12 to my RPRR in 22lr. An AR-style mount will allow for better placement for eye relief but this worked out fine for today.
In short, I was impressed. The things I like the most are the reticle and the lightness of the controls. Turrets, parallax, ocular lense, zoom ring; all are smooth and operate with just moderate friction to overcome. I have no intention of putting a throw lever on this optic because the zoom is so easy to operate as is. As others have said, the reticle is very good. A couple MILs of hold under stadia would be comforting but it is just a mental security blanket. Anything close up will be easy enough to hit with a 50-yard zero on a 22lr.
The glass is perfectly fine. Clear, flat image. The lack of rotation markings on the turret barrels is annoying and a zero stop would be nice. On the otherhand, you don't have to fiddle with a zero stop every time you move the optic to another rifle. The locking turrets are cool.
I can easily see myself buying a second one. I need to find a sunshade that fits. View attachment 7705815View attachment 7705816View attachment 7705822View attachment 7705823

As I said I was surprised with how decent this little scope is. Mine is about to end up on a 10/22 project I have.

ILya

I can easily see myself buying a second one. I need to find a sunshade that fits. View attachment 7705815View attachment 7705816View attachment 7705822View attachment 7705823
Glad you are happy with it. And may I say what a cool shooting setup!

Reactions: rimfire22lr
What are your thoughts ILya on this scope vs the SWFA Ultralight?

What are your thoughts ILya on this scope vs the SWFA Ultralight?

That's sort of an apples and oranges thing. SWFA SS Ultralight is a SFP scope with 32mm objective, and fixed parallax. TS-12x is a FFP scope with 44mm objective and adjustable parallax.

On high power, TS-12 has an edge. On low power SS UL is a little better. Beyond that, they are a really for different applications.

ILya

Reactions: joshobean
That's sort of an apples and oranges thing. SWFA SS Ultralight is a SFP scope with 32mm objective, and fixed parallax. TS-12x is a FFP scope with 44mm objective and adjustable parallax.

On high power, TS-12 has an edge. On low power SS UL is a little better. Beyond that, they are a really for different applications.

ILya
Good points, thanks ILya. I hunted with my Ultralight last year. I think the scope clarity is incredible on lower powers, and its so nice on a hunting rifle due to the negligible weight. I found however I missed parallax focus, and once you got to 8 power or above the clarity and light gathering dropped off noticeably. I have the BDC reticle, and knowing its only effective at 10x is a big strike against using that. I guess I could try Strelok at lower powers to compensate. I'm not trained or sophisticated enough to work quickly with that however.

It really is a game of compromises when one goes for lightweight optics. I may give the TS-12x a shot. I have several ARs I can put it on if I don't like it for hunting, or maybe it will give me the excuse I need to finally get a decent .22 rifle.

Good points, thanks ILya. I hunted with my Ultralight last year. I think the scope clarity is incredible on lower powers, and its so nice on a hunting rifle due to the negligible weight. I found however I missed parallax focus, and once you got to 8 power or above the clarity and light gathering dropped off noticeably. I have the BDC reticle, and knowing its only effective at 10x is a big strike against using that. I guess I could try Strelok at lower powers to compensate. I'm not trained or sophisticated enough to work quickly with that however.

It really is a game of compromises when one goes for lightweight optics. I may give the TS-12x a shot. I have several ARs I can put it on if I don't like it for hunting, or maybe it will give me the excuse I need to finally get a decent .22 rifle.

The reticle on the TS-12x does get pretty thin on lower magnifications, so keep that in mind. I'll make a video to show that.

With the SS Ultralight, honestly, I thought that the image quality on 10x was better than acceptable, but it is still a sub-$400, sub-10 ounce scope. There are no miracles in this world. If they started adding features, weight and size would start going up.

For example, I really liked the Gen1 PST 2.5-10x32. It had side focus, FFP reticle and illumination. And it weighed 9ounces more than the SS Ultralight. That's almost double.

TS-12x is FFP with a 44mm objective, but no illumination and it is 18 ounces. For both PST Gen1 and TS-12x, it is still quite light and, in my opinion, really worth it, but it is a different compromise than the SS Ultralight. All three have their place.

I am actually using the SS UL on my CETME L at the moment because with the slim eyepeice I can mount it low. I really found it be most excellent on hunting/plinking ARs because of how light it is. It leaves you a lot of weight budget to add offset red dots, etc (which is how mine is set up).

TS-12x works quite well in that role as well, but I keep on gravitating toward using it on rimfires and airguns because of the side focus and short overall length.

ILya

Last edited:
The reticle on the TS-12x does get pretty thin on lower magnifications, so keep that in mind. I'll make a video to show that.

With the SS Ultralight, honestly, I thought that the image quality on 10x was better than acceptable, but it is still a sub-$400, sub-10 ounce scope. There are no miracles in this world. If they started adding features, weight and size would start going up.

For example, I really liked the Gen1 PST 2.5-10x32. It had side focus, FFP reticle and illumination. And it weighed 9ounces more than the SS Ultralight. That's almost double.

TS-12x is FFP with a 44mm objective, but no illumination and it is 18 ounces. For both PST Gen1 and TS-12x, it is still quite light and, in my opinion, really worth it, but it is a different compromise than the SS Ultralight. All three have their place.

I am actually using the SS UL on my CETME L at the moment because with the slim eyepeice I can mount it low. I really found it be most excellent on hunting/plinking ARs because of how light it is. It leaves you a lot of weight budget to add offset red dots, etc (which is how mine is set up).

TS-12x works quite well in that role as well, but I keep on gravitating toward using it on rimfires and airguns because of the side focus and short overall length.

ILya
Very well stated. TS-12 is a great match for airguns and rimfires. I am going to put mine in an AR mount so it moves more easily between guns.

I think it came off of a super sniper 10x I use to have it is the same diameter 42 mm .

Any chance you can check that sunshade and see if there’s a brand or model on it, since we’ve determined it’s not an SWFA? :) Perhaps a Bushnell since they have several 44mm models? Thanks!

Any chance you can check that sunshade and see if there’s a brand or model on it, since we’ve determined it’s not an SWFA? :) Perhaps a Bushnell since they have several 44mm models? Thanks!
Somebody here said he used a Bushnell sunshade. I've been through a couple from Hawke branded sunshades from amazon with no luck.

Last edited:
Success! Found a frikin' sunshade that works finally. Nikko Sterling PN NSTT44, cost me less than $8 and it threads right on. 4" in length.

Now to find a 20 or 30 MOA mount that is 4" or less end to end. There's really not enough ups in this scope without a canted mount.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/nikko-stirling-targetmaster-riflescope-sun-shade.html
you bought the 44mm or the 50mm? Optics planet gives me major pause though. But I guess I will give them another shot.

Have had the TS-12 on my squirrel gun since early 2020. It's a great little scope for the money. In the dim of the fading sun low mag is pretty terrible though. ( not bad at 10x in low light) The reticle is very thin, wouldn't be an issue if lighted.

Has anyone used one of these behind a clip-on night vision device? If so, how did it do? I've had surprisingly good results in this regard with other optics in this price range, so anyone who wants to tell me S&B or bust for clip-ons can kindly keep it to themselves. My PVS-27 seems to be pretty equal opportunity with optics out to beyond 600 yd.

And where the best price is? I was at euro optics yesterday and they want $480 when they’re back in stock.
I don't recall the exact price it was somewhere between 360 dollars and 390 dollars on sale at euro optic . they have them on sale frequently . As far as durability I run it on an 18 inch spr type rifle with no issues and I then I got to wondering how it work for 22lr matches so I installed it on a 10/22 custom shop and have been using it for prs rimfire. I have been dinging a 12"x20" silhouette at 300 yds with my 10/22 .

Reactions: Jnull
I think they took it off sale because it's out of stock.
Maybe. I’m signed up for their in stock notification so I’ll keep an eye on it.

I might pick up an Athlon helos BTR G2 in the meantime, little heavier and longer but has an illuminated reticle which I’d prefer for my coyote gun. Could go on my AR10 in 6.5cm as well.

Maybe. I’m signed up for their in stock notification so I’ll keep an eye on it.

I might pick up an Athlon helos BTR G2 in the meantime, little heavier and longer but has an illuminated reticle which I’d prefer for my coyote gun. Could go on my AR10 in 6.5cm as well.
Yeah, no illumination is why I didn't get it before.

Check out the helos BTR G2. Have you found anything similar in size and features that’s illuminated?

Check out the helos BTR G2. Have you found anything similar in size and features that’s illuminated?
No, at least not with that style reticle. I don't want a Horriblus and I don't want to much in the top half. I like the T or near T style reticle.

I pulled the trigger last week, its back in stock at EuropOptic for $349.

Any of you guys run this in a 10/22? What height rings did you use?
I have used one on my 10/22 custom shop competition . I'm pretty sure the rings were medium since the scope is so short you may run into trouble with the picitanny rail being a bit long . My rifle has a base built into the receiver and I barely had enough room between the objective bell and scope base about 1/16 of an inch . IMG_3420.jpeg

Reactions: long range dogr
I have used one on my 10/22 custom shop competition . I'm pretty sure the rings were medium since the scope is so short you may run into trouble with the picitanny rail being a bit long . My rifle has a base built into the receiver and I barely had enough room between the objective bell and scope base about 1/16 of an inch . View attachment 8291679
Thanks for the info! Btw, what’s the consensus on workable sun shade? See you have one.