• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

US Women's National Team Players Association wants TRIPLE the pay over men's team.

Pay them what they are asking... their league won't make it out of the first season when they do it. BOOM! No more women's soccer! Then, pay them less than before to start back up again.

Reactions: TurboTrout
Isn't this a contract for the World Cup? In which case the revenue generated by the team ,in the U.S, doesn't matter. Its how much money they generate from the tournament.

Did the women generate more money over the last three years at the world cup because they played more games before loosing out?

It matters for broadcasting revenue (broadcasting contracts?) but they don't separate the revenue for broadcasting events (world cup) so the deciding factor would have to be ticket sales.

I would suspect that to be the case as most of the revenue is ticket sales. However, men use to generate more money than women so maybe if someone wants to look at revenue vs. Games played (I'm not investing the time lol).

I also think marketing has something to do with it as well. The women have advanced further and have been marketed (commercials, billboards etc) more than the men.

There is a reason they specified "over the last three years." There is a reason they are only telling part of the story. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall. These hate and division pieces never tell the whole story.

There is a reason they specified "over the last three years." There is a reason they are only telling part of the story. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall. These hate and division pieces never tell the whole story.

After all the political bs from the women's soccer team I hope they don't get paid at all. If anything, cancel participation and they can get paid nothing. They can then go back to being irrelevant.

Players pay ultimately is down to revenue they can generate for the team . There are commercial reasons why the top dogs make top dollar and its not only down to performance on the pitch.

There are myriad of sports that are not popular enough to monetize into big $$ , and that doesn't mean sportsmen/women competing in those put in any less effort.

Rapinoe is at present probably making more than rest of her team combined due to notoriety and fitting into the woke crowd views, woke and pretend a woke seem to think that she can be used to sell xyz hence xyz contracts she is getting to model this and that unrelated to her work on the pitch. She is literally in the right place at the right time to cash in , 10y ago same shit wouldn't fly far much less get her all sorts of gigs ,any other country same problem as they lack the woke crazies.

Reactions: TurboTrout
Isn't this a contract for the World Cup? In which case the revenue generated by the team ,in the U.S, doesn't matter. Its how much money they generate from the tournament.

Did the women generate more money over the last three years at the world cup because they played more games before loosing out?

As I understand both the women's tournament and men's tournament generate equal revenue for FIFA.

To your exact question, the Women's team earned/generated more for the US Team since they actually played over the 2017-2018 period.

The US Men's team can earn substantially more revenue for Team USA by just showing up as FIFA pays ~$440 million for the men, ~$60 million for the women, regardless of nation. Previously, it was $400 million and $38 million respectively.

HOWEVER, if the men's team fails to show up, the women will obviously generate more. In regards to the United States, as the women's team is more likely to show up, play more games and win more frequently at the world's cup than the men's, so the women's team is more likely earn and generate something for team USA than the men's team.

This explains why both the Men's team and the Women's team are not happy with the contract offered by US Soccer. It would split the collective bonuses from the tournament equally to both teams. So, the women could just stop showing up and they would rake in loads of money off the men, or the men's team would be earning from the women's performance.

It was never a serious offer as everyone knew neither teams' union would accept the terms.
But it makes for great headlines!

Up until not too long ago i have maintained that the only thing worst than most sports is women sports, I think i will change my position. (fuck you its still america for the time being). I much much rather women running, jumping, sliding, twirling, sucking fingers while staring at the camera etc.... than dudes do it. Infact, i need to question my entire sport watching life. why wasn't i watching athletic, supple, toight, firm, long and strong leggy gals go at it? WTF was I thinking. If the girls draw more than sure they should be paid accordingly. I am glad Rapinhoe got booted from the subway commercials. These "stars" need to understand their words and actions will have ramifications.

Reactions: Jgunner
As I understand both the women's tournament and men's tournament generate equal revenue for FIFA.

To your exact question, the Women's team earned/generated more for the US Team since they actually played over the 2017-2018 period.

The US Men's team can earn substantially more revenue for Team USA by just showing up as FIFA pays ~$440 million for the men, ~$60 million for the women, regardless of nation. Previously, it was $400 million and $38 million respectively.

But it makes for great headlines!

I seriouslčy doubt mens turnament with 3.8bilion eyes on it generates same as womens with 1.1 billion views ,the 400$ million is for all participating teams , and amount is relative to success. Its also not about showing up as national teams have to earn the right to even participate.
From the table bellow its about 10mio per team that makes it through the qualifier. But note that is the money national federations get ,

From its near $6 billion in revenue from broadcasters, sponsors, hospitality and licensing deals.
FIFA awarded $400 million in prize money for the 32 teams at the 2018 men's World Cup, including $38 million to champion France.

It awarded $30 million for the 24 teams at the 2019 Women's World Cup, including $4 million to the U.S. after the Americans won their second straight title.

World Cup of Football2022 Prize Money 2018 Prize money2014 Prize money
(M DOLLARS)32 teamsteams: 32nations: 32
Qualification bonus,2.001,51,0
Qualify for the World Cup (32 teams)10.008,01,0
Round of 8 (16 lag)12.0012,00
Quarter final (8 lag)18.0016,002,0
Forth place25.0022,0018,00
Third Place30.0024,0020,00
Final, second place40.0028,0025,00
Final, winner50.0038,0035,00

I don't know how much they take in from sponsors and tv rights for Women's cup but i suspect is its not even close to mens ,hence the future pay for 2022
FIFA has increased the total to $440 million for the 2022 men's World Cup, and its president, Gianni Infantino, has proposed that FIFA double the women's prize money to $60 million for the 2023 Women's World Cup, in which FIFA has increased the teams to 32.

Last edited:
I seriouslčy doubt mens turnament with 3.8bilion eyes on it generates same as womens with 1.1 billion views ,the 400$ million is for all participating teams , and amount is relative to success.

I had that question also.

What I found was that the sponsorships and broadcasting rights for the World Cup are on the same contract. It is not separated. In other words it is bundled. So while we can speculate that the BBC may be more interested in purchasing the Men's World Cup broadcasting rights, they must buy both under the same contract.

So yes, FIFA at least, earns equally from both cups on the broadcasting and sponsorships deals. However, I am not an expert, and my information is merely the result of 15 minutes of searching, so feel free to point me in the direction of some new information on the breakdowns.

If by bringing up the 3.8 billion viewers you mean to suggest that the down stream earners, being those with the broadcasting and marketing rights make more money from the Men's World Cup, then you are likely correct, but that has nothing to do with what the team brings in as a consequence of the way FIFA bundles the contract.

What FIFA earns is not really the question either. The question should be, "Which team earns more for the USA Soccer Federation from the world cup?" The answer is, sometimes the women earn more, sometimes the men. Lately, the women have earned more.

As you stated, it has more to do with earning a place and winning matches at the game. Simple fact, the men's team has failed to make the world's cup in the past. The Women's team has not. The USA's Women's team has managed to maximize total games played in every world cup that they have appeared at, the men have not. Notwithstanding that simple fact, is that the men have more potential to earn more, but they do not always do so.

So, yes the women's has on occasion earned more from the World's Cup for the USA Soccer Federation than the men's and what the current contract offer suggests, being the offer in question, is that the men and women share equally from world cup earnings regardless of who plays and how well they did. It was never a serious offer.

There is almost no way for women to make more than men for USA soccer federation , mens team literally earns 12$mio if it qualifies, 2$milion even if it doesnt make it on to the WC , women team needs to score a medal for 2mio$ so only way women earn more is if men don't make it to the WC at all.

US Women team got 4milion $ for a winning the Cup. Even with FIFA increasing the purse by 50% it doesnt mean they are getting much more as the women field was also enlarged from 24 to 32 teams , so 60mio will get spread around more.

2018 prize table for Women
  • Winner – $4 million
  • Runner-up – $2.6 million
  • Third place – $2 million
  • Fourth place – $1.6 million
  • Quarter-finalists – $1.45 million each
  • Round of 16 – $1 million each
  • Group stage – $750,000 each
I highly doubt the Broadcasting rights are even remotely connected as its a separate event taking place a year apart, and i have to say i never seen women's games even being broadcasted in many countries. No way Nike or Adidas is paying anywhere near the same for advertising at these two events.

FIFA pays 70$mio to men's teams from which players come to play for their national teams in WC for their absence in the fucking off season.

I highly doubt the Broadcasting rights are even remotely connected as its a separate event taking place a year apart, and i have to say i never seen women's games even being broadcasted in many countries. No way Nike or Adidas is paying anywhere near the same for advertising at these two events.

Again, I don't know for certain. I have not seen those agreements. Also again, it doesn't matter as it clearly doesn't affect what FIFA is paying to the teams separately.

However, if you feel strongly enough about this to be compelled to make that argument, I suggest you call Sports Illustrated and make an article submission refuting their reporting on the subject. You can also send a copy along to FOX and let them know their Press release on the subject was made in error.

"https://www.si.com/soccer/2015/02/12/fifa-fox-usa-tv-rights-world-cup-2026-telemundo"

Your point regarding Adidas and Nike is well founded, but irrelevant. That money will go to FOX, Telemundo and CTV/TSN. I imagine ad space is exactly how FOX intends to profit from the broadcasting rights.

There is almost no way for women to make more than men for USA soccer federation , mens team literally earns 12$mio if it qualifies, 2$milion even if it doesnt make it on to the WC , women team needs to score a medal for 2mio$ so only way women earn more is if men don't make it to the WC at all.

Again, I lack the resources, desire, or concern to audit the US Soccer Federation's books. If you feel strongly about it, feel free to submit an amicus brief to the court refuting the claims of both the women's and men's team that the women's did earn more on occasion. Then submit a correction article to the Wall Street Journal and Forbes who both are reporting the same.

As their reporting was based upon the financial reports and claims of the US Soccer Federation itself, this may prove to be a difficult argument to make. I would be interested to read it though.

"https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-womens-soccer-games-out-earned-mens-games-11560765600"

Putting those two items aside,

Do you believe, that the US Soccer Federation should provide equal compensation to both team based upon a % of what each team brings?

Do you believe, that the US Soccer Federation should provide equal compensation to both team based upon a % of what each team brings?

Even though it might a package deal you can be 100% certain that each event is gauged on merit to get a final sum neither FIFA nor the Networks are stupid ,Futsal,U17,U20,Beach Soccer is worth peanuts compared to FIFA World Cup

Fox paid for a package that according to FIFA covers : The 2026 FIFA World Cup: FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023, FIFA U-20 World Cup 2023 and 2025, FIFA U-17 World Cup 2023 and 2025, FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup 2023 and 2025, FIFA Futsal World Cup 2024, FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup 2024 and 2026, FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2024 and 2026, and FIFA Confederations Cup 2025.

I am quite certain US Soccer have an exact tally on tickets, endorsements, network licenses separate for men and women, can and should pay them same % , although in the current climate they will likely be paying women a higher % to please the woke crowd. As these things tend to end up with 'positive discrimination' measures to fight discrimination :devilish:

Also would be quite surprised if FIFA - 60$milion vs 440$milion purses are not correlated with the revenue each event generates for FIFA.

Remember nations invest 10-20bilion in new venues to host FIFA World Cup , they don't even invest in new lawn for FIFA Women's WC, that should tell you something about what each event is worth in $$$. It was literally considered too expensive for hosts to use natural vs artificial turf for Women before 2019

Even though it might a package deal you can be 100% certain that each event is gauged on merit to get a final sum neither FIFA nor the Networks are stupid ,Futsal,U17,U20,Beach Soccer is worth peanuts compared to FIFA World Cup

That is a valid argument that justifies FIFA paying separate bonuses for the women's and men's tournaments.

Which has nothing to do with the Women's soccer team having earned more than the men's team in the past and receiving less compensation than the men's team.

I am quite certain US Soccer have an exact tally on tickets, endorsements, network licenses separate for men and women, can and should pay them same % , although in the current climate they will likely be paying women a higher % to please the woke crowd. As these things tend to end up with 'positive discrimination' measures to fight discrimination

Directly from the court case:

"The WNTPA even proposed a revenue-sharing model that would test the USSF’s “market realities” theory. Under this model, player compensation would increase in years in which the USSF derived more revenue from WNT activities and player compensation would be less if revenue from those activities decreased. This showed the players’ willingness to share in the risk and reward of the economic success of the WNT. The USSF categorically rejected this model as well"

Mr.BR, quite frankly, I am surprised. You frequently comment in the bearpit to refute media hysteria and over-hype, albeit cynically and often times abrasively.

However, in this case you jump to the assumption that the media's presentation of this matter was accurate. When to me, this appears to be a clear case of the media misportraying a subject to manipulate people's emotions on a topic, by incorrectly representing the intent of the Women's National Soccer team and erroneously assigning them the blame of asking for 3x the compensation.

What the women's team asked for is exactly what you said they should do, structure the pay to be the same percentage of the revenue generated for the US National Soccer Federation.

Reactions: AngryKoala
they should be paid less as they bring in less

on top of that, it's soccer so fk them, faggot sport.

Like said i think some things were misrepresented, my original take was that women's team opted for a different contract with more security, benefits less performance pay and as i mentioned men's team literally only has to qualify to rake in 3x more than women if they win the Cup , and a relatively small gap in ticket sales in favor of women can not make up that difference. I have no clue how bad the US mens soccer sucks and if they even qualify for WC most times.

I would reckon most reporting favors women's team claims.

And PR statments they were dolling out sounded like it was not about getting same % of the earnings ,but about getting paid the same no matter the actual earnings.
''“For each win, loss and tie that women players secure, they are paid less than men who play the same sport and who do the same work; that is gender discrimination,” players' spokeswoman Molly Levinson said in a statement.''

Second part that gets somewhat overlooked, if that is true then you are now in the field of positive discrimination.Like i have shown WMT can't really match MT when it comes to FIFA money. And i am quite certain that the newly doubled FIFA prize purse is likely above the relative income Womens Soccer Cup generates to FIFA vs Mens Cup , => Mens Cup's cost tens of billions in infrastructure alone while Women's Cup ends up down to cost of the turf used .

''The USSF says it pays equally for matches it controls but not for tournaments organized by soccer’s world governing body.''

they should be paid less as they bring in less

on top of that, it's soccer so fk them, faggot sport.
While i do not watch football/soccer i appreciate the extremely high fitness levels needed for top tier on the other hand ,fag sports like American Football seem to be tailored so that fat folk can pretend to be players, they literally took a dynamic sport of Rugby and turned into the most boring stationary sport ever , in soccer fucking goalie runs more miles than the whole team of American Football players combined.

Last edited:
Reactions: RGStory
Like said i think some things were misrepresented, my original take was that women's team opted for a different contract with more security, benefits less performance pay and as i mentioned men's team literally only has to qualify to rake in 3x more than women if they win the whole team , and a relatively small gap in ticket sales in favor of women can not make up that difference. I have no clue how bad the US mens soccer sucks and if they even qualify for WC most times.

And PR statments they were dolling out sounded like it was not about getting same % of the earnings ,but about getting paid the same no matter the actual earnings.
''“For each win, loss and tie that women players secure, they are paid less than men who play the same sport and who do the same work; that is gender discrimination,” players' spokeswoman Molly Levinson said in a statement.''

Second part that gets somewhat overlooked, if that is true then you are now in the field of positive discrimination.Like i have shown WMT can't really match MT when it comes to FIFA money. And i am quite certain that the newly doubled FIFA prize purse is likely above the relative income Womens Soccer Cup generates to FIFA vs Mens Cup , => Mens Cup's cost tens of billions in infrastructure alone while Women's Cup ends up down to cost of the turf used .

''The USSF says it pays equally for matches it controls but not for tournaments organized by soccer’s world governing body.''

While i do not watch football/soccer i appreciate the extremely high fitness levels needed for top tier on the other hand ,fag sports like American Football seem to be tailored so that fat folk can pretend to be players, they literally took a dynamic sport of Rugby and turned into the most boring stationary sport ever , in soccer fucking goalie runs more miles than the whole team of American Football players combined.

The men's national team sucks and rarely qualifies. That is why women were bringing in more than the men. They qualified and advanced.

The only major injury I had was from playing soccer when I fractured my lower back....still hurts to this day. I will say that unless it is the world cup I'm not watching it (boring).

Reactions: RGStory and Mr.BR
Like said i think some things were misrepresented, my original take was that women's team opted for a different contract with more security, benefits less performance pay and as i mentioned men's team literally only has to qualify to rake in 3x more than women if they win the Cup , and a relatively small gap in ticket sales in favor of women can not make up that difference. I have no clue how bad the US mens soccer sucks and if they even qualify for WC most times.

lol, that's funny