• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Utah Hiders?

Re: Utah Hiders?

I would also be interested in a steel match. Is anyone going to the one in Price this weekend?

I was thinking of an admittedly humble steel course, basically, we could go set up a bunch of steel in a local area (public) set up kinda like a golf course, with shots from say 300 to about 12 or 1300 from different angles and elevations. be a good chance for some practical shooting without having to drive for 3 hours.
Dont get me wrong, I love the Price range, and will be back, I'd just rather shoot closer to home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone want to meet up at PMAA tomorrow??

Thanks </div></div>

What is PMAA??....not familiar with that location
eek.gif

Cool. Does it provide for long range rifle shooting? If so, how far out??

Thanks!

They have metal silhouettes at 200, 300, 420, 500, 605 and at 800 there is metal square.

Downside is they only have 1 target at each distance going up the mtn side.

Thanks

SLC here. Just building a 1000 yd gun; 6 x 47L. Kind of a varmint build on a M-5 non adjust stock.
I've never shot beyond 200 so would look forward to learning from those that have.

Welcome to the hide Nomo!

Clint holds a match out to 1k down in Price. I believe it is the second saturday of each month.

-c

Going to be in Salt Lake City for awhile and I would like to keep shooting.

Any steel or long range stuff around?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Going to be in Salt Lake City for awhile and I would like to keep shooting.

Any steel or long range stuff around?</div></div>

There are a couple of us that shoot in the SLC area. We can get out to well beyond the distance that ANY shoulder fired system can achieve.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggie's drawers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PMAA Hendrickson Range in Parleys canyon has steel out to 800.
$5 to shoot all day.
</div></div>

Yea PMAA is about 15min from shop here and nice easy place to shoot, but you are not allowed to shoot there if LEOs are there so it is best to call and check beforehand.

Thanks

I would also be looking for a range or club that shoots NRA Highpower Rifle.

Either reduced or Cross the Course 200, 300, and 600 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Downside is they only have 1 target at each distance going up the mtn side.

</div></div>

Plus:

1. The benches are far from primo. And

2. The range doesn't really provide for prone shooting.

Hey guys, Im in Tooele and hoping to get a Remington 700 by summer so maybe Ill be able to meet some of you guys and learn the ropes.
This will be my first centerfire gun and Im really looking forward to the long range shooting. Im 19 though and I assume thats younger than most of you (hope that didnt come out wrong). Ill hopefully have my 700 and a car by summer so Ill keep an eye out and see when/where you guys are meeting up and if you wouldnt mind a new person to tag along.

Thanks,
Coby.

If we could get a couple of people together, and agree on a place, I've got about 5 or 6 steels in sizes from 6 to 14 inches (and I could make some more real quick if needed)
Maggie's D and sick 07 if you guys want to get together, I've got 3 or 4 shooters that are ready to go most every weekend.

Hey I am down any time. You guys are certainly welcome If you want to drive up to Park City I have a little range setup out to 750 for now alot of various steel setup allover. Only problem is the snow and mud.
I am off Friday-Sundays

I'm up in Cache Valley. Waiting for the snow to melt so I can go find someplace to take some longer shots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackWhiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Later, what time are you thinking about meeting in Lehi?</div></div>

That was this past Saturday. What time you shooting this Friday?

Ok the shoot on friday is canceled for obvious reasons. If anyone would like to shoot next weekend let me know. My trigger finger is thawing and getting itchy.

Hey BlackWhiskey, there is going to be a shoot in Price on April 10th (next sat). I will be headed down for it assuming the weather is half decent. I have only been once befor and had a good time there are some great people and lots to learn. Plus the range is really something to check out. always a good excuse to go shoot. It is advertised in the tactical comps area. FYI

Cool! That sounds like a lot of fun! I'm not sure if I can make it on the 10th but they said they are going to have one every other weekend so I'll probably be able to make it next time.

I've never done a competition before. This should be fun. I'm still planning on doing a morning shoot next saturday if anyone is interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will be at Leah Kay(sp) today!! </div></div>

What are you going to be doing there....too short of a range for you.....

Just sayin.....

Cancel that!!!

I was gonna be recording groups on paper targets at 300 as "accuracy" test for the HTI but not at that location..

Well off to Grantsville

I'm in Orem, UT.

Just getting into long range shooting... haven't even bought a dedicated gun yet as I don't know enough to know what I want / need.
smile.gif

Have plenty of semi/full auto toys though.

Count me in if we do something in Utah County for sure.

Semper Fidelis,

Kent

Just wanted to mention that the Hendrickson Range up Parley's Canyon will be seeing some improvements this Spring/Summer. Tomorrow, we will be repairing the steel targets as far up the mountain as we can get without getting stuck in snow.
Hopefully we will get the five stand equipment from defunct Holliday Gun Club and get a five stand setup going this spring. The ratty wooden shooting benches will be replaced with concrete and steel benches.
Other plans include facilities for on site breakfast/lunch, picnic tables, a dedicated .50 BMG site, and maybe, eventually, trap ranges.
Work is just beginning, but feel free to stop by as the spring and summer progress and try out the new, improved Hendrickson Range.

That's good news on the Hendrickson Range. See what you can do to increase the stations that will allow you to go prone.

-c

That has been discussed in great detail and it is seen as a necessary option. The ambidextrous concrete benches with adjustable seat height have been designed and a prototype is being built as I write this. At this time, .50 cal. rifles are not allowed on the range, but plans are being discussed to built a separate area for the .50.
Additionally we are discussing selling a Tannerite like binary exploding target to shooters who will be able to place them downrange on steel platforms at 100 and perhabs 200 yds. The fact that the range sits at the mouth of a canyon yields a much louder report as the canyon acts like an amphitheater. Work is progressing!

I was up parley's here a couple weeks ago. The new concrete benches are nice! They have sporting clays now as well.

I imagine Snag will post here on in the comps thread, it sounded like he is looking at holding a match in March in Park City. I can't wait for his matches to start up again. How is everyones winter so far?

-c

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would also be looking for a range or club that shoots NRA Highpower Rifle.

Either reduced or Cross the Course 200, 300, and 600 yards.

</div></div>
I'm new on this site BUT I'm also the president of the Centervile Small Arms Assn. We have an NRA certified Highpower Rifle range (out to 600 yds) up by the big white "V" on the hill. You can see the range schedule on our web site. We have a practice match scheduled for 02 April if you're still interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: larphred</div><div class="ubbcode-body">feel free to stop by as the spring and summer progress and try out the new, improved Hendrickson Range. </div></div>
How do I find it and what do I have to do to get on it?