• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Utah Sheriffs Association - Firm Warning to Obama

Re: Utah Sheriffs Association - Firm Warning to Obama

Great to see, yet how many more will follow suit?

Not just 'the people', eh?

Proud to be from Utah. My local Sheriff is very Pro-2A and vocal about it. We were shooting suppressed firearms up the canyon one day and he and his boys pulled in behind us. It was like watching a kid in a candy shop; asking questions and wanting to shoot them. We politley thanked him for signing our Form 4's(prior to our trusts getting created) and said shoot anything you want. He had a huge smile on his face when he was done. I believe that as more law enforcement see the few brave step forward the majority will follow.

That is a powerful letter and the last paragraph gets right to the point. I'm proud of them and appreciate someone in some place of power standing up and speaking out for their people. I would like to see a lot more of this.

IIRC, Obama said in 2008 that he felt that the Military and Law Enforcement communities were "unreliable", and that he felt he needed a "non-sworn" civilian force equal to the military to help secure the country. Do you suppose that this is what he was talking about. Those of us who have served or are serving in the military or are serving as LEO's have all sworn a similar oath to that the Seriff's association alludes to in their letter. And so did the President and so many others in our government. I'm hoping that enough of them will remember that oath and stand by it. If not, let's all remember them when the next election rolls around.

By the way, the oath I took didn't have an expiration date on it, it's still in effect.

Indiansinger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a powerful letter and the last paragraph gets right to the point. I'm proud of them and appreciate someone in some place of power standing up and speaking out for their people. I would like to see a lot more of this. </div></div>

What he said.

I for one am glad to see more and more Sheriffs respond and state their positions publicly. That position being to uphold the constitution and defend the rights of their constituents. I hope all these Sheriffs across the nation continue to get re-elected.

I see a lo of Sheriffs but how about regular police...they seem silent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see a lo of Sheriffs but how about regular police...they seem silent. </div></div>

Sheriffs are elected, police are hired and can be fired.

The San Diego Police Chief, Bill Lansdowne, came out for gun control to cover his ass and appease the mayor but those aren't his true feelings on the subject.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see a lo of Sheriffs but how about regular police...they seem silent. </div></div>

The San Diego Police Chief, Bill Lansdowne, came out for gun control to cover his ass and appease the mayor but those aren't his true feelings on the subject. </div></div>

That's worse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJMOC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see a lo of Sheriffs but how about regular police...they seem silent. </div></div>

The San Diego Police Chief, Bill Lansdowne, came out for gun control to cover his ass and appease the mayor but those aren't his true feelings on the subject. </div></div>

That's worse. </div></div>

Agreed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see a lo of Sheriffs but how about regular police...they seem silent. </div></div>

They aren't silent by choice. For instance, my department General Orders forbid Officers to take any political stance while on duty or while representing the department (example: I'm a cop for Department X and I am against gun control).

While on duty, many Police Officers do not enjoy the 1st Amendment. I'm sure this is the case with many other jobs/careers as well but cops represent a municipality, the municipality represents government, so on and so on.

Since so many people see cops as an extension or "tool" of the "government", they are pretty much gagged.

I like to see a state doing that! I would hope that more sates will follow and show the president what the people really want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdBoreMiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Salt Lake County Sheriff Winder was on the radio yesterday, he said he wouldnt sign such a letter. </div></div>

Is he saying that he does not follow what the "letter to Obama" says in the original post? Just wondering and want to be clear on that.

I applaud what the sheriffs did, but it is easier for them to speak. Regular non elected police need not lose their jobs over voicing their opinion to the public outside against department policy. Talk to your bosses privately but follow policy in public for now dont get fired for public statements. We do not want them to do this, because if a ban comes we want pro-2nd people where we need them most...wearing the uniform and refusing to confiscate or enforce That is the time to take a stand, when action not words are what counts. For those under a gag order while at work, stay the course. When the time comes, what you DO then is far more important than what you might have SAID now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdBoreMiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Salt Lake County Sheriff Winder was on the radio yesterday, he said he wouldnt sign such a letter. </div></div>

Is he saying that he does not follow what the "letter to Obama" says in the original post? Just wondering and want to be clear on that. </div></div>not exactly sure, I just caught the last bit of the interview. I would assume he meant that being elected by the people of SLC (the only bastian of progressivism and Liberals in the state) he has to represent the entire populace.

A Chief of Police is appointed by the mayor and city council.
That is a political position.
A sheriff is elected and thus not suseptible to political pressure by the liberal city mayor/politicians.
Semper Fidelis,
Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Three words:
Come Take Them</div></div>

Semper Fi!

I guess as someone born at LDS hospital I kinda like the fact some one would pen this letter.

Just one tiny lttle hiccup though, said 'sheriff' will stand by and let agents of the federal government grope seven year old girls anytime they like, with no warrant or signed affadavit, just because they want to get on a privately owned airplane.

Some folks forget that little part we used to call Amendment IV, the one good old W threw an ass fucking to in 2001.

<span style="font-style: italic">The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. </span>

Maybe those pillars of justice and newfound constitutional experts would like to explain how they have conveniently forgotten that this is just as etched in stone, even post 'patriot act'.

It's either you can read the fucking document, as written, and stand by and defend every last word in it, or not.

Simple

sean

Remember to support those standing and fighting!

United we stand, divided we fall.

As they say, you are either with us, or you are against us.

OathKeepersPatch.jpg

v5h15h.jpg

Hold Fast,
M Richardson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see a lo of Sheriffs but how about regular police...they seem silent. </div></div>

I was wrong about Lansdowne. Piece of shit!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...in-A-Generation

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">San Diego Police Chief William Lansdowne is fully supportive of the Obama/Feinstein gun grab, and says if lawmakers play it right Americans can be completely disarmed within "a generation."

Lansdowne has gone on record saying: "I could not be more supportive of the president for taking the position he has. I think it's courageous with the politics involved in this process. [And] I think it's going to eventually make the country safer."

He made it clear that it may take "a generation," but new laws could eventually take all guns off the streets.

This is quite a departure from other law enforcement personnel we've seen around the country--particularly Sheriffs--who've come out firmly against any infringement on the 2nd Amendment. We've cheered those officials for standing with the people, and now Lansdowne has taken a position completely opposite them.

Moreover, Lansdowne has also been slamming the NRA in interviews. And he seems overtly thrilled at the money the NRA is being forced to spend to get their message out in the wake of the crime at Sandy Hook Elementary. "We broke the NRA," says Lansdowne.</div></div>