• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Utg Pro Tbnr bipod opinions....

diggin mines on the Kidds 22 and Ruger precision 308. I have an atlas bipod/monopod on my Rem 700 6.5cm , honestly regret the money spent , but to each his own

Attachments

• 20190801_014217_resized.jpg
    20190801_014217_resized.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 77
Those actually fit on a Bravo stock and since the sides where it attaches are angled back a little it makes the stance extra wide.

My only gripe with them is when folded it makes my rifles a little wide for storage and transport.

I have one too. $40 and it's very good. I run real Harris's on everything else and the UTG is just as good. I bet the op learns that on this forum if it's not a Atlas everyone thinks it's junk.
I have a BT10 as well which I took off the 6.5 in favor of UTG. I really like the ability to micro adjust each leg for uneven suraces like a Harris which I aslo like.

Many years ago, I purchased some UTG scope rings out of ignorance. I was not impressed (a cross threaded hole and a crappy pic locking mechanism). I was in a bind, needed them right then, and they lasted the 3 days I needed before I pitched them in the trash.

I hope your experience is better.

Well finally got to the range, bipod worked good as i expected. 1st group i fired was a 5 shot .750 one of a few. Everything works great. A few things i disklike is that i believe it is too tall for bench shooting. Always felt like i was sitting up higher than i usally do which may just be a fault of my own. Also the ball joint is ok, for my application i think a solid junction or one where it either tilts and pans would be fine. The tilting forwards and backwards seems kind of awkward to me. But like i said these are just my opions and not fault of the bipods. Also i think my rifle is to heavy tipping the scales at almost 13lbs. Other than that i think it is an excellent bipod and the quality is superb on mine. I wish i had more time and different scenarios to put this through cause i believe it would shine. Think i will either sell this one or put it on my newly aquired tcr 22 for now. Or i maybe up for a trade. We shall see.

Edit...humored you and went and watched their videos for the lolz. Looks like a floppy mess of a bipod. No real stability. Wiggles in every direction. Looks like it’s got 1.5” of slop forward and backwards.

So I was right.

Money would have been better spent on an atlas. Everyone here doesn’t say suck it up and spend the money on an atlas for no reason, and it’s not because we just like to spend money on Gucci brands for no reason. It’s because they work plan and simple. The cheaper bipods can not do what a quailty bipod does.

Atlas isn’t even the most expensive by the way, quite a few others that can be 2-3x what a atlas costs.

So I was right.

Money would have been better spent on an atlas. Everyone here doesn’t say suck it up and spend the money on an atlas for no reason, and it’s not because we just like to spend money on Gucci brands for no reason. It’s because they work plan and simple. The cheaper bipods can not do what a quailty bipod does.

Atlas isn’t even the most expensive by the way, quite a few others that can be 2-3x what a atlas costs.

No its not a floppy mess, it locks down tight. Its just the angle it put the rifle at seems awkward. Its a great bipod, just seems like it would be more at home on a lighter rifle. Just for my application id like a fixed bipod better, like a harris. And when i get another it will be a harris and not an Atlas. Unless you have one to send me to try and if i like an Atlas better then i will eat my words and admit you are right and buy an Atlas. How does that sound???

i ended up purchasing an Atlas bipod but i must admit i'm curious as to how people's experience have been with the UTG bipod now that it's been out for a good while.

i ended up purchasing an Atlas bipod but i must admit i'm curious as to how people's experience have been with the UTG bipod now that it's been out for a good while.
Sold my Atlas a few weeks ago that's how much I like the UTG got about 1000 rounds with it been perfect.

....appreciate the information. thank you
we're very fortunate to have so many options and support from manufacturers. this truly is an awesome sport.

My best friend runs a UTG pro bipod on his bergara in a bravo. He really likes it. Heavy duty and quality made.

We both have multiple sets of UTG pro rings, though. They are excellent for the money.

Both he and I can afford any gear we like....but we both find the UTG pro items to work great for the low price

I tried the utg bipod several months back ,and hated it. Wouldn't stay locked up tight under recoil of a braked 6.5 , was clumsy to try to adjust. I too was intrigued with the low price and positive videos from YouTube.

Lesson learned i sold it and got a atlas cal.

Atlas is awesome and wish I would have bought it first.

I tried the utg bipod several months back ,and hated it. Wouldn't stay locked up tight under recoil of a braked 6.5 , was clumsy to try to adjust. I too was intrigued with the low price and positive videos from YouTube.

Lesson learned i sold it and got a atlas cal.

Atlas is awesome and wish I would have bought it first.

Thank you for your business.

I sincerely have told 100's if not 1000's (via this website) of people who have complained about the cost of an Atlas to buy a Harris (actual) and shoot off it till you can justify NEEDING a bipod with more features and adaptability that the Atlas line offers. And guess what, that day may never come as the Harris might absolutely satisfy ALL you bipod needs. I did not set out to build bipods at a price point, but rather build a bipod that fulfilled expectations established by the SCAR program, achieving that goal resulted in the actual cost that established the pricing. I don't do snob. I'm not dismissive of what it takes to make a dollar. But I absolutely prioritize value and the Atlas line provides value.

I really like the build quality of the UTG pro line but their designs are lacking. Pretty sure they could make a simple well made bipod with a more limited and/or tighter lockup mechanism within the same price range as these.

Tagging this to keep an eye out for a follow up after a few months of use. Curious to see if the OPs bipod continues to hold up.