• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

V Seven weapons- Good Value and Quality?

1911addict42

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 1, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Has anyone gotten to check out one of their rifles in .308 or 300 blackout? Recently came across this company and it looks very intriguing, but little info out there.
    For the prices they’re asking for, was hoping to get some honest feedback from a non biased user.
    Reliability, accuracy, recoil management (due to how lightweight) and value proposition are my main question points.

thanks,
    Levi

The owner of v seven was the manager at Noveske for 10 years or so, and a good friend of John Noveske.
    That’s one of the main reasons I’m even considering it. Joel Allen has a lot of credibility, and spent a lot of time on phone with me discussing his product, the guy knows his shit.
    He’s made his weapons so light that I am concerned it’s gone too far as far as some of the issues mentioned above.

I’m not a huge fan of the ultralight stuff but v7 receivers are considered GTG if that’s your thing. I thought I wanted to go for a ultralight build and then I shot some examples, and it wasn’t for me. Just something to consider, I’ve never heard any real negative feedback about v7 parts.

I’m not a huge fan of the ultralight stuff but v7 receivers are considered GTG if that’s your thing. I thought I wanted to go for a ultralight build and then I shot some examples, and it wasn’t for me. Just something to consider, I’ve never heard any real negative feedback about v7 parts.
    Wish someone here had one... I saw one guy that like his Harbinger .308 but he really didn’t give much detail on it, wasn’t sure if he was legit.
    The one company that seems to get amazing feedback from just about everyone that I’ve seen, is JP. For their rifles , PCC etc. they just seem to have a great thing going.
    I’m confused as to why I’m even looking at things like V Seven and Nemo!

I don't have one of their complete builds but I am using an upper receiver on a build along with a few other Vseven parts. It's absolutely solid, very precise and isn't even their top of the line receiver. Had to freeze the barrel and heat up the receiver to interface. They answer questions in a timely fashion too, so the support is there. For me, their complete builds seem a tad on the high side price wise and their builds don't always have all the parts I would spec. Weight is comparable to the POF Revolution DI which I own (within an ounce or two) but slightly more expensive than the POF and the POF has some unique, well thought out engineering. Really contemplating a 300 blackout build with Vseven parts. Just don't have any experience with their BCG's or barrels. That would really be the deciding factor for me on a complete build.

Last edited:
    I don't have one of their complete builds but I am using an upper receiver on a build along with a few other Vseven parts. It's absolutely solid, very precise and isn't even their top of the line receiver. Had to freeze the barrel and heat up the receiver to interface. They answer questions in a timely fashion too, so the support is there. For me, their complete builds seem a tad on the high side price wise and their builds don't always have all the parts I would spec. Weight is comparable to the POF Revolution DI which I own (within an ounce or two) but slightly more expensive than the POF and the POF has some unique, well thought out engineering. Really contemplating a 300 blackout build with Vseven parts. Just don't have any experience with their BCG's or barrels. That would really be the deciding factor for me on a complete build.
    Thats some good information thanks! I too was looking at the Revolution, and stepped back, sounded like quite a few people were disappointed with reliability.
    I too am contemplating their 300 blackout build. It looks great!

The Revolution DI's have been pretty problem-free from what I can see. My particular rifle has been great but I know some of the early piston versions had issues. But if you like to build, and prefer a lighter rifle, VSeven's a really good option it seems. Looking at the available VSeven parts and owning the POF Revolution DI, I can't figure out how POF did it. No use of titanium or exotic metals (as far as I know). The BCG is basically an ounce or two lighter than a mil-spec AR15 BCG but again, no titanium, normal buffer, etc...just really well-engineered throughout with incredible build quality. And it is truly AR15 sized which is amazing.

I'll most likely add a VSeven lower to my AR15 in the not too distant future to drop a few more ounces. If I were going to build an SBR AR10, I'd go with VSeven parts and go with whatever barrel you prefer.

The Revolution DI's have been pretty problem-free from what I can see. My particular rifle has been great but I know some of the early piston versions had issues. But if you like to build, and prefer a lighter rifle, VSeven's a really good option it seems. Looking at the available VSeven parts and owning the POF Revolution DI, I can't figure out how POF did it. No use of titanium or exotic metals (as far as I know). The BCG is basically an ounce or two lighter than a mil-spec AR15 BCG but again, no titanium, normal buffer, etc...just really well-engineered throughout with incredible build quality. And it is truly AR15 sized which is amazing.

I'll most likely add a VSeven lower to my AR15 in the not too distant future to drop a few more ounces. If I were going to build an SBR AR10, I'd go with VSeven parts and go with whatever barrel you prefer.
    Question regarding POF:

hows the recoil impulse on a AR10 that is so light? I’ve only shot the SCAR in .308, and that was really powerful and hard to maintain accurate follow up shots.

It's actually quite good. It has a very effective muzzle brake and I'm able to work my way down a row of steel targets at 100 yards fairly quickly and easily. I would consider myself to be a novice :) I know there's some 3-gun competitor using the Revolution DI and is apparently cleaning up with it. I don't follow those competitions so just regurgitating what I've read elsewhere.

I've not had the pleasure of shooting the SCAR (yet) and can only compare it to my AR15 build. Everyone says the Revolution hits like a hot .556 load and it's really true. Seems to eat everything I've thrown at it and a lot of folks shoot steel-cased ammo and it just works. I've only had one cartridge it didn't like which was a 180gr Winchester soft tip which I later found out they don't recommend unless you're into polishing feed ramps. But PMC bronze, straight out of the box, was remarkably accurate. I think I had one errant box out of 500 rounds which was a bit suspect but the rest shot well.

I will say the muzzle brake IS obnoxious (no surprise) but I usually hit the range on days and times when it's virtually empty. I'm usually by myself at the 100 yard range but my first priority is to fit a suppressor so I'm a bit more kind to those next to me and quite frankly, to reduce the overall db level. Made the mistake of not having one ear plug in all the way and it was, to say the least, painful.

I do have some weights for individual components on the Revolution DI. I have the buffer weight someplace, BCG, a few other parts. I can post up here with photos if you're interested.

Reactions: 1911addict42
    Ive got a 5.56 build that’s almost all V7 parts. EX Enlightened 2055 Receiver Set, 2055 MLOK rail, etc. Phenomenal quality, fit and finish is impeccable. Puts my Daniel Defense and LMT stuff to shame.

Ive got a 5.56 build that’s almost all V7 parts. EX Enlightened 2055 Receiver Set, 2055 MLOK rail, etc. Phenomenal quality, fit and finish is impeccable. Puts my Daniel Defense and LMT stuff to shame.
    Wow that’s good to hear... I suppose I’d ask you the same question I posted earlier... does a gun that is so light handle recoil well? I know 5.56 is much easier than .308 but still curious to hear your thoughts

It's actually quite good. It has a very effective muzzle brake and I'm able to work my way down a row of steel targets at 100 yards fairly quickly and easily. I would consider myself to be a novice :) I know there's some 3-gun competitor using the Revolution DI and is apparently cleaning up with it. I don't follow those competitions so just regurgitating what I've read elsewhere.

I've not had the pleasure of shooting the SCAR (yet) and can only compare it to my AR15 build. Everyone says the Revolution hits like a hot .556 load and it's really true. Seems to eat everything I've thrown at it and a lot of folks shoot steel-cased ammo and it just works. I've only had one cartridge it didn't like which was a 180gr Winchester soft tip which I later found out they don't recommend unless you're into polishing feed ramps. But PMC bronze, straight out of the box, was remarkably accurate. I think I had one errant box out of 500 rounds which was a bit suspect but the rest shot well.

I will say the muzzle brake IS obnoxious (no surprise) but I usually hit the range on days and times when it's virtually empty. I'm usually by myself at the 100 yard range but my first priority is to fit a suppressor so I'm a bit more kind to those next to me and quite frankly, to reduce the overall db level. Made the mistake of not having one ear plug in all the way and it was, to say the least, painful.

I do have some weights for individual components on the Revolution DI. I have the buffer weight someplace, BCG, a few other parts. I can post up here with photos if you're interested.
    Sure I’d like to see that! Some really great feedback here, thank you sir.

Question regarding POF:

hows the recoil impulse on a AR10 that is so light? I’ve only shot the SCAR in .308, and that was really powerful and hard to maintain accurate follow up shots.

SCAR is one of the best re: recoil in 308. Just know that going in. It has a 'different' recoil, in how it cycles, but once you acclimate, it's VERY hard to beat. 308 isn't a great match for lightweight rifles, the SCAR is probably the closest to dealing with it well with a low weight. That said, if you want a cartridge of that size, just go with 6.5mm Creedmoor. It's popular enough it's readily available (will likely eclipse 308 at some point based on how it's taken off) - recoil is better, ballistics are better, and it's GREAT for hunting, and still has good barrel life. I'd go that direction 10/10 over the 308 in a light rifle. That said, I'm not a fan of large frame ARs, I'd rather shoot the SCAR all day if I had to, but I also don't prefer that - I like AR15s and the intermediate calibers (6.5mm Grendel, 6mm ARC now). Still target capable out to 1000, and useful in normal distances for hunting. For 1000+, I want a bolt rifle, and 6/6.5mm Creedmoor/6.5 PRC/7mm whatever depending on exactly how far out I'm shooting.

It all just depends on what you're looking for, but for me, the AR10 is not on my list of must-haves. SCAR17 is about the best 308 platform there is for shootability in a 8lb package. Grab a FAL if you want a real battle rifle, but I'd argue there's not a lot of use with modern combat for something like this, especially if you aren't restricted to 5.56 for an intermediate caliber. 5.56 AR15 is probably the right 'apocalypse' cartridge and platform, but I have coverage there if I need it. The rest of my stuff are things I actually enjoy shooting and serve my specific needs, which once you've got your bases covered (and you do, from your other thread's weapon cache) is where I would focus next.

The single largest benefit of the AR15 platform is the plethora of parts/options. Build yourself a 4lb AR15 w/ v7 parts in 6mm ARC if you want and see how you like it! If you don't, swap the barrel and do 6.5mm Grendel. If you don't like that swap the bolt and barrel and do 300 blackout, etc. Once you have a few copies of the base platform, the sky is the limit, and trying new things becomes relatively inexpensive.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
    SCAR is one of the best re: recoil in 308. Just know that going in. It has a 'different' recoil, in how it cycles, but once you acclimate, it's VERY hard to beat. 308 isn't a great match for lightweight rifles, the SCAR is probably the closest to dealing with it well with a low weight. That said, if you want a cartridge of that size, just go with 6.5mm Creedmoor. It's popular enough it's readily available (will likely eclipse 308 at some point based on how it's taken off) - recoil is better, ballistics are better, and it's GREAT for hunting, and still has good barrel life. I'd go that direction 10/10 over the 308 in a light rifle. That said, I'm not a fan of large frame ARs, I'd rather shoot the SCAR all day if I had to, but I also don't prefer that - I like AR15s and the intermediate calibers (6.5mm Grendel, 6mm ARC now). Still target capable out to 1000, and useful in normal distances for hunting. For 1000+, I want a bolt rifle, and 6/6.5mm Creedmoor/6.5 PRC/7mm whatever depending on exactly how far out I'm shooting.

It all just depends on what you're looking for, but for me, the AR10 is not on my list of must-haves. SCAR17 is about the best 308 platform there is for shootability in a 8lb package. Grab a FAL if you want a real battle rifle, but I'd argue there's not a lot of use with modern combat for something like this, especially if you aren't restricted to 5.56 for an intermediate caliber. 5.56 AR15 is probably the right 'apocalypse' cartridge and platform, but I have coverage there if I need it. The rest of my stuff are things I actually enjoy shooting and serve my specific needs, which once you've got your bases covered (and you do, from your other thread's weapon cache) is where I would focus next.

The single largest benefit of the AR15 platform is the plethora of parts/options. Build yourself a 4lb AR15 w/ v7 parts in 6mm ARC if you want and see how you like it! If you don't, swap the barrel and do 6.5mm Grendel. If you don't like that swap the bolt and barrel and do 300 blackout, etc. Once you have a few copies of the base platform, the sky is the limit, and trying new things becomes relatively inexpensive.
    I placed an order for the JP-LRI20 in a .308 with an 18” barrel. The idea was to have something that is useful all around, for both long range precision up to 1,000 yards, and if necessary, a power round for short range combat. Like the Scar.
    Is that choice a neither here nor there selection?
    Its longer and more unwieldy than a 14.5” barrel, (or SCAR 16”) and somewhat heavier than some other choices like Revolution. it’s also in a .308 with a shorter barrel length than may be ideal for precision purposes, as opposed to 22” for 6.5 creedmor. Should I be changing something here? Or will this serve my purposes?

I placed an order for the JP-LRI20 in a .308 with an 18” barrel. The idea was to have something that is useful all around, for both long range precision up to 1,000 yards, and if necessary, a power round for short range combat. Like the Scar.
    Its longer and more unwieldy than a 14.5” barrel, (or SCAR 16”) and somewhat heavier than some other choices like Revolution. it’s also in a .308 with a shorter barrel length than may be ideal for precision purposes, as opposed to 22” for 6.5 creedmor. Should I be changing something here? Or will this serve my purposes?

Depends on what your purpose is. JP rifles are all great shooters; weight can get up there depending on how you option them. I personally wouldn't buy 308 anything unless you were planning on this being a SHTF rifle, which again - I don't think 308 is a good fit for, in general - you're not going to be taking 1200yd shots. For a range gun, 6.5mm CM would be a much better shooter from a recoil and from a ballistic standpoint at longer distances where you'd want to be using a larger cartridge.

I love 18" barrels, my 6.5mm Creedmoor bolt action rifles are all 18" barrels, and my precision AR15 in 6mm ARC is also 18". It's the perfect balance of length, weight, and velocity. It's also not horrible when suppressed (and I shoot 100% suppressed) whereas the 22/24/26" barrels get pretty unruly. If I were in your shoes, I'd have gone with a 6.5mm Creedmoor JP if that's the pattern rifle you like. I'm sure it will run great, and properly tuned, recoil should be somewhere in the ballpark of the SCAR just a very different impulse. Go shoot an AR10 back to back with a SCAR in 308 if you can, see which you prefer (I think you might have already done this - in which case you answered your own question re: which platform).

308 is a great cartridge, don't get me wrong, it's just not the best at any one thing. It's a good all-around cartridge, but when you're investing the money you're investing, I wouldn't personally compromise on a 'generalist' rifle that's meant to be your sole SHTF long gun. It's overkill for engagements you'd have in that scenario, and you are paying the price in weight of equipment, weight of ammo, recoil. If you're going to pay those prices, you should have better ballistics like you'd get with the 6.5mm Creedmoor, and cut out some of the recoil and a little bit of ammunition weight. Personally, I'd just go with another AR15 in 6.5mm Grendel or 6mm ARC if you want something new, and you'd still have a 1000yd capable rifle with an 18" barrel, but parts interchangability, more part options in the aftermarket, lighter weight platform/ammo, etc.

Really, at this point, you just need to buy what you think you'd prefer. You have to try these things out to really figure that out, which is the only real downside to bulk buying different firearms all at once without a ton of experience. You'll just have to take some risks and see how it pans out. The good news is, as long as you have some lowers, you'll be able to experiment more on the AR15 platform in the future as long as grandfathering happens (which it presumably would) in the case of another AWB.

Depends on what your purpose is. JP rifles are all great shooters; weight can get up there depending on how you option them. I personally wouldn't buy 308 anything unless you were planning on this being a SHTF rifle, which again - I don't think 308 is a good fit for, in general - you're not going to be taking 1200yd shots. For a range gun, 6.5mm CM would be a much better shooter from a recoil and from a ballistic standpoint at longer distances where you'd want to be using a larger cartridge.

I love 18" barrels, my 6.5mm Creedmoor bolt action rifles are all 18" barrels, and my precision AR15 in 6mm ARC is also 18". It's the perfect balance of length, weight, and velocity. It's also not horrible when suppressed (and I shoot 100% suppressed) whereas the 22/24/26" barrels get pretty unruly. If I were in your shoes, I'd have gone with a 6.5mm Creedmoor JP if that's the pattern rifle you like. I'm sure it will run great, and properly tuned, recoil should be somewhere in the ballpark of the SCAR just a very different impulse. Go shoot an AR10 back to back with a SCAR in 308 if you can, see which you prefer (I think you might have already done this - in which case you answered your own question re: which platform).

308 is a great cartridge, don't get me wrong, it's just not the best at any one thing. It's a good all-around cartridge, but when you're investing the money you're investing, I wouldn't personally compromise on a 'generalist' rifle that's meant to be your sole SHTF long gun. It's overkill for engagements you'd have in that scenario, and you are paying the price in weight of equipment, weight of ammo, recoil. If you're going to pay those prices, you should have better ballistics like you'd get with the 6.5mm Creedmoor, and cut out some of the recoil and a little bit of ammunition weight. Personally, I'd just go with another AR15 in 6.5mm Grendel or 6mm ARC if you want something new, and you'd still have a 1000yd capable rifle with an 18" barrel, but parts interchangability, more part options in the aftermarket, lighter weight platform/ammo, etc.

Really, at this point, you just need to buy what you think you'd prefer. You have to try these things out to really figure that out, which is the only real downside to bulk buying different firearms all at once without a ton of experience. You'll just have to take some risks and see how it pans out. The good news is, as long as you have some lowers, you'll be able to experiment more on the AR15 platform in the future as long as grandfathering happens (which it presumably would) in the case of another AWB.
    The 6.5 Creedmoor is a better bullet than I’m even capable of appreciating and mastering at this point. I don’t hunt and my local range goes out to about 1,000 yards.
    I do have some of their SHTF rifles like the KAC Sr-15.
    To your point, I have very little experience and I am guessing. I also am trying to limit the number of calibers I’m stockpiling for, and .308 seemed to fit the bill of a good do it all cartridge as you said. (I’ve been tempted by 10mm, 6.5 CM, 6mm arc, the list never ends so I’ve got to cut it off somewhere.)
    Similarly, I love how versatile 300 blackout is, which is why I’ve actually bought more of it than anything else...

Once again, why do you keep insinuating having to use said rifle for “short range combat”? What are you planning?

Sure I’d like to see that! Some really great feedback here, thank you sir.

Sorry for the delay...

POF hand guard off the Revolution DI 9.1oz

Charging handle 1.5oz

BCG 10.9oz ( I believe my mil-spec AR15 bolt carrier was about 11.6 ounces)

Carrier 8.6 oz.

Bolt 1.7oz.

Firing pin 9 grams (.3 oz)

Upper, w/o hand guard and I don't think I had the BCG in there either 4.21 lbs.

QD's on either side of the hand guard. These help secure the hand guard to the barrel nut. 18g or .6oz

Complete lower w/the original hand grip. I now have a Smoke carbon grip and V7 titanium grip bolt 2.13lbs

Stock 6.0oz.

Buffer 3.0oz

Buffer tube 118g (4.1oz)

Buffer spring, lubed :) 1.9oz

OEM grip and bolt 2.3oz

End plate 15g (.5oz)

Castle nut 17g (.59oz)

Finned barrel nut

Adjustable gas block. The gas tube is straight.

I think that's everything I have in terms of individual component weight. The only things I've found to swap out for lighter parts (and we're talking grams!) is the castle nut (probably the end plate but I like the POF version), the grip and grip screw. I'm sure you can drop in a lightweight trigger and go with custom safety selector switches (but not the shaft). Everything else is proprietary, like AR15 diameter but AR10 length sort of stuff. Take down pins are a no go. Tried a Smoke carbon fiber buffer tube and it's .75" too short. Not sure if they make a shorter buffer but I can't lock the bolt open with that buffer tube installed so it's now on my AR15. Could do a titanium muzzle brake and save an ounce. Haven't looked at the BCG with calipers, specifically the carrier, to see if it swaps with an AR15 carrier. The bolt is proprietary. Running a RCA titanium BCG in my AR15 with the POF roller pin, wonder if that's an option. The hand guard is fairly light. My Coda carbon hand guard, 13", is 7.5oz although that does include the barrel nut and trunnion. So yeah, doesn't get much lighter without a lot of exotic materials. If there were more standard parts and you swapped out things like the hand guard, take down pins, barrel nut, muzzle brake, trigger, etc...you could probably get it to around the 6 pound range. Not that I'd advise swapping any of those parts out though.

Sorry for the delay...

POF hand guard off the Revolution DI 9.1oz

Charging handle 1.5oz

BCG 10.9oz ( I believe my mil-spec AR15 bolt carrier was about 11.6 ounces)

Carrier 8.6 oz.

Bolt 1.7oz.

Firing pin 9 grams (.3 oz)

Upper, w/o hand guard and I don't think I had the BCG in there either 4.21 lbs.

QD's on either side of the hand guard. These help secure the hand guard to the barrel nut. 18g or .6oz

Complete lower w/the original hand grip. I now have a Smoke carbon grip and V7 titanium grip bolt 2.13lbs

Stock 6.0oz.

Buffer 3.0oz

Buffer tube 118g (4.1oz)

Buffer spring, lubed :) 1.9oz

OEM grip and bolt 2.3oz

End plate 15g (.5oz)

Castle nut 17g (.59oz)

Finned barrel nut

Adjustable gas block. The gas tube is straight.

I think that's everything I have in terms of individual component weight. The only things I've found to swap out for lighter parts (and we're talking grams!) is the castle nut (probably the end plate but I like the POF version), the grip and grip screw. I'm sure you can drop in a lightweight trigger and go with custom safety selector switches (but not the shaft). Everything else is proprietary, like AR15 diameter but AR10 length sort of stuff. Take down pins are a no go. Tried a Smoke carbon fiber buffer tube and it's .75" too short. Not sure if they make a shorter buffer but I can't lock the bolt open with that buffer tube installed so it's now on my AR15. Could do a titanium muzzle brake and save an ounce. Haven't looked at the BCG with calipers, specifically the carrier, to see if it swaps with an AR15 carrier. The bolt is proprietary. Running a RCA titanium BCG in my AR15 with the POF roller pin, wonder if that's an option. The hand guard is fairly light. My Coda carbon hand guard, 13", is 7.5oz although that does include the barrel nut and trunnion. So yeah, doesn't get much lighter without a lot of exotic materials. If there were more standard parts and you swapped out things like the hand guard, take down pins, barrel nut, muzzle brake, trigger, etc...you could probably get it to around the 6 pound range. Not that I'd advise swapping any of those parts out though.
    Thank you for this! Very impressive rifle, you must be enjoying it! It’s on my list.
    I ordered a V Seven in 300 blackout today. If and when I go for a .308 or 6.5, I’ll consider POF

Went with a 2055 Enlightened 300 blackout. The harbinger is on my wants list

Wow that’s good to hear... I suppose I’d ask you the same question I posted earlier... does a gun that is so light handle recoil well? I know 5.56 is much easier than .308 but still curious to hear your thoughts

Obviously 5.56 is a different ballgame, but mine runs great. That being said, I’m running a full mass BCG and the JP SCS system. If you want the “true V7 experience”, I’d advice you go with the Titanium BCG and the appropriate buffer weight. Get an adjustable gas block if you plan on running suppressed unless you’re running a low backpressure can. All of my cans are OSS and inherently low backpressure, so I haven’t had to fiddle around with AGBs on any of my rifles.

I'm looking hard at the OSS cans. I already have an SA gas block on one rifle and a restriction-only type gas block on the other. Has the OSS lived up to the hype in terms of blowback gasses and contamination?

I'm looking hard at the OSS cans. I already have an SA gas block on one rifle and a restriction-only type gas block on the other. Has the OSS lived up to the hype in terms of blowback gasses and contamination?
    It’s gotten some very good reviews. JP recommended the OSS for my rifle. but it’s louder than other quality cans. Maybe our friend above can confirm.

I did notice it's louder in most tests but honestly, they're almost all within 4-6Db or so of one and other and 145db is certainly better than 165 to 170 on a .308 semi. So I'm taking blowback along with contamination (or lack thereof) of the BCG, chamber, etc...into account too. In normal range shooting it's probably not even remotely an issue, other than shooting comfort, as I clean my rifles after anyway. Looking hard at the Ti version due to my preference for lack of weight although 4oz. for increased long-term durability is probably a good tradeoff. Plus I believe the non-Ti version passed the SOCOM test?

It’s gotten some very good reviews. JP recommended the OSS for my rifle. but it’s louder than other quality cans. Maybe our friend above can confirm.

OSS does reduce back pressure, which generally lowers port noise. This is what is loudest on semi autos. That said use an adjustable gas block and save yourself some headaches. That way you can purchase whatever suppressors you want versus spending a ton on mediocre options. When looking at suppressor reviews make sure to pay attention to at the ear measurements as far as relative comparisons. Muzzle readings are near worthless with supersonic ammunition.

Reactions: FishinGuns

I love mine. I think the decibel wars make no sense when we’re talking about supersonic rounds. At that point, I only care if it’s making it more comfortable for me as a shooter and limiting signature. They are very comfortable at the ear on my 10.3” 5.56 rifle as well as my 13.5” 308 rifle. Running caliber dedicated OSS cans on both.

My guns run clean without fiddling with the gas system. Also, as a lefty, not having gas in my face all the time is fantastic.

I love mine. I think the decibel wars make no sense when we’re talking about supersonic rounds. At that point, I only care if it’s making it more comfortable for me as a shooter and limiting signature. They are very comfortable at the ear on my 10.3” 5.56 rifle as well as my 13.5” 308 rifle. Running caliber dedicated OSS cans on both.

My guns run clean without fiddling with the gas system. Also, as a lefty, not having gas in my face all the time is fantastic.
    Well this changes things for me. I was going to order one non Silencer Shop and the rep there was telling me it’s significantly louder than the Nomad I ordered. Not just at the muzzle. I don’t like cleaning my guns , suppressing them with this would help.