• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Value of Hathcock Autographed "White Feather" book by Chandler?

Beyschaefer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2008
Behind the Redwood Curtain, CA
This is NOT an offer to sell this book! Any offer will be politely declined.

I've been wondering for a while what value this book might have (should I have it on my shelf, or in my safe?).

It's a first edition, HAND autographed by Carlos Hathcock on a book plate in addition to the facsimile autographs on the title page (all copies of this edition had the facsimile signatures). This was a limited edition of 250 or 500 (I forget which) from Precision Shooting.

I have never seen another one for sale, except one posted to another board (with a price that I am very sceptical that the seller actually got... but has led me to wonder).

Anyone ever see a copy for sale? Should I make safe space, or just continue to enjoy it on my shootin' book shelf?

Nope..
But since I'm the one who purchased it from Precision Shooting books way back when, I have no reason to doubt it's authenticity.

hathcock signature.jpg

I bought one also when they were offered from precision shooting, they didn't offer any kind of certificate with the book. They may have one made up still if you were the original purchaser but I doubt it.

Quark... That's not the HAND autographed edition. That's the general issue with the facsimile signatures on the next (title) page.
Like I said, the only hand autographed one I ever saw for sale was listed for a four digit price, which I'm very sceptical of.

I bought one also when they were offered from precision shooting, they didn't offer any kind of certificate with the book. They may have one made up still if you were the original purchaser but I doubt it.

Sadly, Precision Shooting folded up shop a few months ago... there is no longer anyone to talk to about that.

I bought a signed copy by Hathcock as well, when they were raising money to combat his MS. No idea on the value, but it sits on my bookshelf.

I have a PS copy with the original mailing envelope. I have never cracked the spine. O another site I read where one went for $350 or so.