• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Value of Vectronix VECTOR VIPER II laser rangefinding binos???

Delta789

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Austin, TX
Hey all, I recently purchased a pair of Vectronix VECTOR VIPER II's from a local guy, and I can't find a whole lot of info on them online. I'm thinking about downgrading to something a little less expensive because after all, I don't have a rifle that can shoot much beyond 1000m anyway and these apparently can range out to 6,000m. I put up an ad for sale on ARFCOM but I can't figure out what I should put cost at. They're selling for over $14K here Vectronix VIPER II Rangefinding Binoculars - Vectronix

Is that just a super-over-inflated price? Any help would be much appreciated. :D

How much did you pick them up for? I don't know much about them, but from what I've heard, they're the cat's ass. Do yours have the azimuth built into them?

If they are free and clear of any military ownership, around $4000-$5000 seems to be the going rate. Myself and 2 others I know bought some in this price range in the last year or two.

Seems like you know how much to ask since your ebay auction is starting at 3000 with no bids so far and buy it now for 8500?

What is it you really want to know?

I would like to know what you paid for them?

i intend to be more generous than smokerroller and would offer 610 euros ... and i'd even go as far and pay the shipping costs on my own. how could you refuse that? ;)

If they are free and clear of any military ownership, around $4000-$5000 seems to be the going rate. Myself and 2 others I know bought some in this price range in the last year or two.

Like bward said, have to be free and clear. Documentation is a must or you probably bought stolen Military eq.

Unless you have the paperwork with them, they are worthless. Great paperweight !

You can call and check serial numbers on most models and see if they are cleared or Military issue still.

Beats being charged with buying and selling Federal property if indeed stolen.

Last edited:
funny that you're posting this on AR15.com and asking $8000. seems you already know what you want and to be honest it sounds like these are stolen military. good luck with that brah!

Last edited:
I honestly think they are worth in the 3-4k range. these vector 21's just sold for $4500: Vectronix Leica Vector 21 7x42 Rangefinder Binoculars w Strap 8 4124 | eBay
And those are like 3 steps up from the viper 2's, more range, more functions, better beam etc. there was 40 bids and like 18 different people. There was a guy selling brand new vector 21's two years ago, he had like 10 of them for 10k and like i said those are the top of the line. Your vipers 2 is used and its not as good. Just my opinion. and the guy who had the viper 2 on here trying to sell them they were 3800 or whatever, and he had it for sale for months and couldnt move them. bottom line is they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. if you think they are worth 8k, then your probably the only person that thinks that.

CJG

Last edited:
Rotortuner... you are talking about two different units. The ones on ebay are old 21's made by Leica. Not Vectronix version. They don't range near as far and don't range in yards either.

The main point is most of these are stolen Military units. FEDERAL OFFENSE ! No one should buy them unless the proper paper work is provided proving they are clear units !

The best thing a person can do is call Ashbury or Vectronix direct, with the serial number from the back of the unit and check them out before buying.

That one on ebay, i got the serial number off it and called vectronix, they told me there is no difference in its ability vs current 21 other than inside might have different connectors and slightly newer materials used. They also checked the serial number and not stolen, i also verified those do range in yards. leica vector 21 vs vector 21 is the same. call vectronix and ask for yourself. Rubber armor on the outside is different but other than that its identical. Vectronix just took over the manufacturing from leica, so its the same exact unit just different name. 21b has the slightly different software and thats it.

CJG

Rotortuner... you are talking about two different units. The ones on ebay are old 21's made by Leica. Not Vectronix version. They don't range near as far and don't range in yards either.

The main point is most of these are stolen Military units. FEDERAL OFFENSE ! No one should buy them unless the proper paper work is provided proving they are clear units !

The best thing a person can do is call Ashbury or Vectronix direct, with the serial number from the back of the unit and check them out before buying.

wrong again. I have two friends that personally own the Leica Vector 21's. They do not range as far as the Vectronix 21's. PGS on here own's the new version and it is far superior to all of them. Ranging over twice as far.

We have had them all side by side at his shoot in MT. They are not Identical units, I guarantee that !

They are still incredible optics and rangefinder, but are not the same as the new 21's.

I own the Leica Vector IV's and the Leica 21 ranges farther than mine, but not near as far as the Vectronix 21.

Last edited:
i guess vectronix doesnt know their own product or gives out bad info. if you have seen them side by side and they dont perform as the newer 21 then either your right and there is a difference or maybe a performance degredation. PM me ill give you my personal contact for the guy at vectronix if your interested. i have used a leica 21 but not a newer 21 and not side by side. he told me straight up they are the same and if you sent in your leica 21 to switzerland for a refurbishment it would come back with the newer vector 21 rubber armor and it would not longer say leica on it.

CJG