• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Varget Availibility?

kyhuntclub

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2013
Western KY
I found a little stash today. Is it appearing much around your area?

IMG_1484.jpg

Ahh, the powder journey most are tired of walking. Too many days I have seen the small stack of single pounders only to hear "1 per person per day/week". As I plead that I reload for a .308 and only get 160 rounds per pounder and politely ask for a little more, but only get the look saying,"you already have more than much of the fellow Varget loaders."

Enjoy your powder fellow Vargeteer and its ok to laugh wildly as you lower the ram on your bullet seating die station.

Found some one pounders at the local store.....$33/lb

All of it needs to be regulated right now so everybody can have a chance to keep shooting some until this shit gets straightened out.I know some people have more powder than they can shoot in 2 years and some don't have any.

All of it needs to be regulated right now so everybody can have a chance to keep shooting some until this shit gets straightened out.I know some people have more powder than they can shoot in 2 years and some don't have any.

I'm sure O'numbnuts would be happy to help you out with that.

I've seen more powder in MT; Great Falls, Helena and Missoula in the past week than I have in months. Things seem to be really breaking free.

Saw VARGET today for $22.95 a pound at Selway in Msla. Between Selway and Sportsmans Warehouse there was 80% of the powder line from IMR, Hodgon , Accurate and Western Powder Company.
All sorts of shotgun and pistol powder out there too.

STILL MIA though; H-4350, Reloader 15, 19,22,25 and 33, and a few others.

None of my local shops have reloading gear worth a dam.

All my stuff is from online.

I've been seeing an upswing in powder availability around here. Both Hodgdon and Alliant powders have started to trickle back into dealers, but it runs out the door as fast as it comes in.

There is a local individual that has 10 or 12 lbs of Varget that he has been trying to sell for $35 a lb since October last year. I guess it's his to do with as he pleases. Right now I'm feeding my rifle, my son's and one of his buddies. Powder isn't going very far.

Got two 8lb jugs of varget couple months back. Just picked up 10 pounds of reloader 15 two days ago. You just have to watch for it.

I haven't seen it in forever. Last time I scored some was back at a Bass Pro near Des Moines back last January. I live in CO and have run the gauntlet of BPS, Cabelas, Sportsmens Warehouse and nothing. I finally had to bite the bullet and get some on gunbroker the other day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last week I was able to get 1 8 lb'er of Varget and a friend got one in IMR3031. Here he was bitchin' about having to pay $170, whereas I was happy at paying $180 just to get it. I've also been able to get some IMR4064, RL15, RL17, RL19 and H4350. So yeah, I think it's slowly coming back.

Online is the place to check... Look into smaller web stores that have it in stock. Its out their but you better believe as soon as its out, its gone.

I lucked into an 8 lb jug on powder Valley the other day. Any local 1 lb containers have been about $35.

Dammit!!!
I've been checking there at least 3 times a day for the last week. I'm yet to catch it.

this sadly same story for me. Though I have been able to secure plenty of 1lb Varget lately with Midsouth, they rule

Are you talking about Midsouth Shooters Supply? Not seen any Varget there. And I've been looking.

this sadly same story for me. Though I have been able to secure plenty of 1lb Varget lately with Midsouth, they rule

Yea luckily due to non shooting related events I don't get to go out as much as I use to especially out to LR spots. So my 2lbs has lasted me a bit. Also came across a 8lb of 4895 a few months ago then 2 days later randomly a H335 8 jug showed at my house I guess I ordered but was S/O before I could pay so some how they charged me and shipped as soon as it came back in in the middle of the powder crisis lol

Wasn't happy but wasn't mad either. So I've been loading a lot of H335 for my 223 and 4895 for my 168s and been leaving my 175s and Varget in the locker till things get better and I can grab more powder and go out and shoot more.

So in a way it worked out for me.

It sure would be interesting to know how many pounds of Varget it would take just to restock the normal inventories of all the US suppliers. I wonder if 100,000 pounds would do it.

I've had 32-lbs of Varget on back-order for almost 14-months now. I hope it gets here before my 6.5x47 gets built as I have everything else need to reload except for the die's.

I've been keeping an eye on gunbot all day at work by keeping an extra tab open on my IE, checking it frequently, and have been somewhat successful in obtaining powders I have needed. I have also been checking my local gun stores two or three times a week, and sometimes can find something I can use. It is frustrating trying to find the right powder to use, especially Varget, 4895, and such.

Paul

Hey guys Midsouth has IMR 4895 if anybody is interested. Better hurry!

LGS has several 1 pounders of Varget and 4064 but no H4350, they have IMR 4350 though. My rifle loves the H but I thinking of buy a few of the IMRs because who knows when H4350 is gonna be on the shelves....

I saw about 7 1lb jugs of it at a local shop the other day, but I avoid the stuff to be honest. I haven't worked up a load that uses Varget for my rifles yet and don't really want to rely on it anyways. More for you guys I guess. :)

Ahh, the powder journey most are tired of walking. Too many days I have seen the small stack of single pounders only to hear "1 per person per day/week". As I plead that I reload for a .308 and only get 160 rounds per pounder and politely ask for a little more, but only get the look saying,"you already have more than much of the fellow Varget loaders."

Enjoy your powder fellow Vargeteer and its ok to laugh wildly as you lower the ram on your bullet seating die station.

This is when I roll up with as many friends as my car can fit. Okay fine. Its my girlfriends car.

Just got home from the gun show and there was quite a few one pounders of varget and also saw a 8 pounder. Best of all I found 4, 1 pounders of H4350. They were $28 a piece which is a bit high but hey at least I finally found some!

The $28 price tag seems to be what most are charging right now unless you order on line. One of my sources will reduce to $25 if you buy more than 1 lb. at a time.

randomly stopped in my LGS a couple month ago and they happened to have an 8lb jug of varget. Paid $180. it was a good day.

Bought 2 lbs last month in an of the beaten path LGS in north MS. No 8 lb jugs to be found around here.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

found one pound of varget for 28.99. asked about an 8 pounder and got the deer in the headlights look. nuff said!!! it's been quite some time since I even seen varget at any price.

Glad for you guys that only paid 180.00/8# Varget. I paid 240.00/8# at a local reloading supply store. Before I bought the 8 pounder I was able to acquire 5 one pounders over a few months. Prices are increasing also just paid 35.00 including tax yesterday at LGS for 1 lb of H4350 which is also hard to come by.

I've seen Varget on the shelves locally for the past 6-8 weeks at $25/lb. Have not seen any 8#. Did see 4064 8# for $170.

$24.99 is what WalMart wants for their 1 lbers. Last week, they had 6 on the shelf, but I didn't need it for that price with sales tax. Saturday I went to my supplier and got 2 lbs of 4064 and put in my order for 8 lbs of H4350. Will probably have to wait a month or so, or so he says. All without having to pay sales tax.

My local store got 16lbs in on Friday. No 8's though. They have the one pound per person rule so I grabbed a co-worker and I got two pounds. They said I could bring as many friends as I wanted so I don't understand the limit. Then I had two other friends grab another pound for me a couple hours later. They sold all 16 that day.

They did say they are getting it on more frequently now.

Was keeping an eye on gunbot today and Natchez Shooter Supplies posted that they had VARGET in 8 lb jugs for $176. Managed to pick one up, so I'll be back into loading up my 223 again!

Was keeping an eye on gunbot today and Natchez Shooter Supplies posted that they had VARGET in 8 lb jugs for $176. Managed to pick one up, so I'll be back into loading up my 223 again!

You must be like Wild Bill Hickok on that gunbot for getting in on whatever pops up. A couple times today they had Varget and within a minute it sold out on Natchez. Pretty cool site though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been buying powder as I find it whether I need it or not. The first time Obama got elected I got caught short on primers and powder.

not this time!

WHOO HOO!!!! I just picked up 6 lbs. of H4350 at a out door store about an hour away from me. I left two lbs on the shelf because I didn't have enough money with me. I paid 23.99 plus tax, with what I already had I now have enough to get me through July or August.