• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Vectronix plrf15 having problems

Longrangehuntersofalberta

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2012
Canada
Hey just wondering if anyone has had any issues with a plrf15? Mine recently has had some issues ranging targets beyond 1000 yards which is alarming because I’ve free handed on the side of my truck out to 6700 yards. I’ve changed the batteries, no corrosion visible, I’ve also completed the internal test function and it passed any help or insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Some of the guys may know some magic tricks... Safran-Vectronix/Optics 1 is basically not an option for repair (I mean it is but would likely cost the same if not more than what you paid for it retail). Non-civilian sold units, different story.

Only thing I can think of... The lenses are clean right?

Yep, it's essentially a door-stop if it fails. They even charge a $500 investigation fee, regardless if it can be repaired or not.

The repairs they quote are generally more than the unit originally cost (PLRF models).

But man, when they work, they work. Simply can't be beat past say, 1200 yards.

Reactions: RobertB
Buy at your own risk.

I'd wait and see what Leica comes up with for SHOT. The 2800.com is pretty well liked and has BT, when they build that into a set of binos it's game on.

Mine acted up a couple of weeks ago. Wouldn't rang past 700 yards. Took it out the next day and was ranging the ridge line at 4800+ yards. Strange

I have seen a bunch of vectronix units fail - and this is the failure mode they exhibit.

And because Vectronix repair department is more or less IDGAF about your issues, it’s the only reason I won’t ever buy again for any reason.

So I can’t recommend owning one - in fact it’s so bad the new Terrapins main selling point is that Vectronix pretty much has nothing to do with the service and warranty, and little to do with it’s manufacture.
Yeah they came back to me with 2500-3000$ quote ..... to send it over seas to be fixed ouch I’m torn because it was by far the highest performing unit I had ever owned but my goddess what a let down the thing cost me a arm and a leg I was hoping for a lot more durably. I’m at the cross road right now do I get it fixed or do I go with a new direction I’m open to opinions because as of right now I’m fucked

Unfortunately I find myself in a similar situation...... dropped my 15's and need them serviced as something is rattling around inside.... I'm happy to pay for repair.

Did you ever find any resolution?