• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vibrating Cases To Settle Powder

fmjfirearms

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2018
What's everybody's thoughts on vibrating cases to settle powder so you don't compress loads?
I have been doing it for about 10-15 seconds on a vibrating mat so I don't hear that crunching sounds when seating a bullet.

What is there to say, it just works.
I've heard several people say they use an electric toothbrush to do the same thing.
I personally use a drop tube, I have several I've made from Easton Axis carbon arrows ranging from 6-16" that work extremely well.

I read that vibrating cases with powder in them is not good. It breaks down the powder and changes it's characteristics.

Thats not what he is talking about.

Drop powder into case, and vibrate it to settle the powder down lower to avoid compressing/over compressing when seating the bullet.

ummm........no. This is not the same as vibrating an individual charged case for 5 seconds to settle/compact the powder before seating the bullet.

Man you guys are slacking or tired or something.
I figured by now somebody would have posted a pic of the silver bullet vibrator with Hornady logo photo shopped on it.
Better yet Hornyday ???