• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

[Video] Police Snipers train for Super Bowl LIV

Some of you criticize LE for practicing for potential situations because you feel its unnecessary for whatever reason like it gives them an unfair advantage over you or something retarded like that.

Anyone trolling this thread with stupid comments actually go out and get high/low angle DOPE to see how gravity plays tricks?
Many police departments have a history of developing SWAT teams and buying armored vehicles and then justifying it by scheduling no-knock raids which they occasionally do on the wrong address or just to arrest Rodger Stone.

Give a police department a .50 and what will happen?

One use I can imagine is an armored active shooter. Not exactly a common issue.

I'm just not sure a .50 is good for policing if you aren't in a war zone.

Here’s a real world instance. .50 cal was used to disable the vehicle.

Not sure if there’s a smaller caliber that would be more effective in punching into an engine like that.

Many police departments have a history of developing SWAT teams and buying armored vehicles and then justifying it by scheduling no-knock raids which they occasionally do on the wrong address or just to arrest Rodger Stone.

Give a police department a .50 and what will happen?

One use I can imagine is an armored active shooter. Not exactly a common issue.

I'm just not sure a .50 is good for policing if you aren't in a war zone.

Google Granby, Colorado killdozer.

Lots of city departments have 50s, and gasp...no citizens have been cut down yet

From what I recall, he offed himself after getting stuck, not by a SWAT sniper with a .50.

If you want to prepare for that one, I think you need legit anti-tank weaponry.

I don't know if I would want a local PD going there either.

At some point, call in the National Guard instead of making a local PD prepare for war. The only question is where do you draw the line and Killdozer seems unlikely enough to draw the line before you get there.

Reactions: deersniper
First guy's trigger pull is atrocious. Slapping that thing like it was his hoe.

As I was scrolling down through the comments, I was thinking, "Am I the only one noticing poor trigger control???" He was bouncing off the trigger as soon as the shot broke. No follow-through.

I was relieved to see your comment! ? ?

Google Granby, Colorado killdozer.

Lots of city departments have 50s, and gasp...no citizens have been cut down yet

Sometimes an ounce of preventionis worth a ton of cure
Ie don’t use .gov to screw people over. That guy didn’t have a business for 50 years with zero problems then just decide to go killdozer. Crooked gov did that

One legitimate isolated incident and now it’s OMG we Need 50s for every cop

Reactions: gigamortis
They should be practicing deescalation techniques, not sniping....

...should be pepper spraying the goalposts.

Last edited:
From what I recall, he offed himself after getting stuck, not by a SWAT sniper with a .50.

If you want to prepare for that one, I think you need legit anti-tank weaponry.

I don't know if I would want a local PD going there either.

At some point, call in the National Guard instead of making a local PD prepare for war. The only question is where do you draw the line and Killdozer seems unlikely enough to draw the line before you get there.

Thus we're back to what was discussed earlier, lack of experience/reference.

Call out the National Guard? How close is the closest one to Granby? What do you do in the meantime? Sit and watch the guy bulldoze his way through buildings in town?

How many people do we let him run over, crush, or cave a building in on while we wait for the National Guard to mobilize?

If they're down the street, great, what if they're not?

It's a matter of trust and mutual respect.
Do you really trust them with proper deployment of the pepper spray?

Do they trust you to have the same?

I wonder?

Reciprocal respect, non existent?

Tell me it's not so.

Democrats / commies in action. . .

Reactions: gigamortis
@AIAW a lot of these dudes don’t have exposure to a lot of equipments beside what is given to them by the dept. Or what their leadership told them to buy. Gamer plate? Gayer than aids... lol.

Oh @Snuby642 go f* off to the bear pit... you ole salt dawg... ?

Very true. I just had to make honorable mention of that. Some dude come rolling up looking like the Michelin man... No mistake - I'm all for whatever gets the job done!

• Haha
Reactions: M77

Call out the National Guard? How close is the closest one to Granby? What do you do in the meantime? Sit and watch the guy bulldoze his way through buildings in town?

How many people do we let him run over, crush, or cave a building in on while we wait for the National Guard to mobilize?

Calling out the guard.
Chief notifies the Mayor,
They call the Governor.
If the Governor approves,
(and doesnt send the State police)
Governer calls the Attorney General who approves.
Then they call the Guard Commanding General who ........

Would notify the appropriate responding unit, except no guard unit has anti tank munitions "in this state" 'I dont think yours does either but ymmv'....
Which would have to get the munition from a big Army base.....
Then transport it to the state needing it, then ......

By then the offender has killed all the men and male children, raped all the women, forced them to make sandwiches, ate, slept, raped the really good looking women again, sandwiches again, and gone home to bed.....

Most have no clue what calling out the guard entails in a case like this.

Even in a natural disaster, tornado or hurricane, a local Police Chief or Sheriff or Emergency Management Chief cant call out the guard. A mayor or county commissioner cant call out the guard. Only the Governor or Prez.....

vr.....

Reactions: Sierra770

Do you understand that a .50 wouldn't have stopped him?

You would need a real anti-tank weapon.

My point is that there are very few questions in local policing that are answered by a .50.

Most of them could probably be answered with a .308 too.

I don't know if you have shot a .50, I have and I can say that it's best usage is long range target practice and annoying neighbors on the firing line.

In a war zone, it's great mounting an M2 on a Jeep, sniping jihad's on the next mountain over or in a helicopter gunship. That's not local policing stuff.

If there is no need, why are tax dollars paying for it?

While it is nice that the police haven't screwed up with a .50 yet, why even make that possible if a .50 has no local policing role?

I'm not hating on .50s or police. Any law abiding gun owner who wants a .50 is fine by me and I think the police should have arms to deal with every sort of threat they could face (short of war). I just don't think a .50 is useful for local policing.

As for calling up the guard, there are video cameras and cell phones these days, going through that chain probably takes 10 minutes if the video is good.

Also, from what I hear, most large cities (maybe 500,000+) have military stockpiles that are remnants of WWII or the cold war but still kept in order. The guard should be able to figure something out in a Killdozer situation but it wouldn't be a .50.

Calling out the guard.
Chief notifies the Mayor,
They call the Governor.
If the Governor approves,
(and doesnt send the State police)
Governer calls the Attorney General who approves.
Then they call the Guard Commanding General who ........

Would notify the appropriate responding unit, except no guard unit has anti tank munitions "in this state" 'I dont think yours does either but ymmv'....
Which would have to get the munition from a big Army base.....
Then transport it to the state needing it, then ......

By then the offender has killed all the men and male children, raped all the women, forced them to make sandwiches, ate, slept, raped the really good looking women again, sandwiches again, and gone home to bed.....

Most have no clue what calling out the guard entails in a case like this.

Even in a natural disaster, tornado or hurricane, a local Police Chief or Sheriff or Emergency Management Chief cant call out the guard. A mayor or county commissioner cant call out the guard. Only the Governor or Prez.....

vr.....
You had me at sandwiches!

• Haha
Reactions: plong
Jesus christ @Snuby642 ... way to be a fuckin asshole.

As for the rest of the thread, it seemed to hit all of the check boxes we all expected it to.

Reactions: EXSOCAL
Gun free zones never are.

A lot of bad element out there don't you think?

Evidently the snipers practicing think protection is needed but only on thier terms.

Not my kind of place.
Enjoy your ball game.

So if it’s not your kind of place,whats your point in commenting other then you are salty and aren’t a fan of LE?
I trust thier judgment as much as they trust mine.

You people just confirm thier judgment.

I'm in control is all that matters to me, right.

You all sound like gun grabbing Democrats. Herd people up take thier guns, promise protection and pat yourself on the back while spewing self righteous acalades on each other for nothing more important than a game.

Only support 2a on your terms like a politician.

ok boomer

Reactions: M8541Reaper
A guy in a bulldozer with plate steel isn't "local policing" that's a fucking stupid argument.

I don't know how thick the steel was, or if a 50 might be able to punch through.

I do know how I'd find out. Stay in your lane.

I did not choose that tagline, I have had several. I'm sure someone will change it to asshole or something equally appropriate soon. I generally deserve it.

To be fair I am an ass, because I have the nerve and a calling. To many people afraid to say what they feel, I am expendable.

I would like to take back the gimp reference, I have trouble walking to the firing line myself somedays and getting regular. Gimp? I suppose I qualify some days myself, old and used up, no qualifying experience.

I get upset when some people think they are better than others, privileged, and demeaning.

No man should be prepared to treat others without regard any different than they expect to be treated reguardless of thier position in life.

I have had glass on me twice confirmed, shot at once and can tell you one will never do it again ever, the other probably will think twice.

It's just not fun to see a scope on you or count rounds you think they have left.

Hope you never see that.

When you put le stuff on a general thread you got to know some ass is gona disagree, right or maybe that was the point, just sport?

Nothing personal to anyone but some of the same old trigger words get the same old dependable response. But for some maybe that was the point.

My only point is people should figure trust and respect is reciprical and expecting anything else is not smart.

Respectfully, I'm done being an ass for now. As you get older it takes a toll.

Reactions: deersniper
Well, going forward, looks like I’ll be taking posts by certain member(s) in this thread with a grain of salt....

I would betcha crisp dollar that AP 50bmg rounds would’ve poked through that home made armor, either killing the driver or disabling the dozer.

That whole ordeal should serve as a reminder to avoid pushing men to their breaking point. Sometimes when you fuck with people they fuck back.

Ok... while a 50AP round will go through an inch of so of steel... it wouldnt have taken out that up armored bulldozer.

The dozer was made using D2 hardened tool steel SHEETS welded together, with concrete in between the sheets.

The dude made himself some composite armor... makes a cute little 50 going against a foot of armor like using spitballs.

Maybe if the had a 30mm cannon, or 120mm from an M1... I’m not even positive that a LAW would do kt in one shot.

Last edited:
Lots of "I only see a nail" in this thread.
That killdozer could have been stopped very shortly after it started with a product, that every town has at hand.
The problem with most people is they never think out of the box an revert to brain lock when the juices start flowing. Most,.... Everyone Here,... thinks a gun is their salvation/solution to everything. Nothing could be further from the truth. Approach every problem from all angles as normally the fix is very easy once the mind processes,... cause an effect,...

Long ago in Fla there was a loaded class 8 truck chase, that lasted from between Wildwood & Ocala an went clear into Ga on I 75. No one was thinking at all while they risk the lives of thousands on the road. How do you stop 80K + pounds of class 8 ?,... Very simply, assist it, into allowing it to stop it's self.
Surely there are class 8 wrenches here, who can tell you how to do that.

Molotov cocktails anyone?
Your close, think bigger an better. There is also a very simple way to break the power transmission system, to the sprockets. Which will stop it in it's tracks.
Uncle has or use to have schools that taught, one man vs a tank w/o infantry protection. Stopping one is much simpler that most realize.

Last edited:

For those interested, during the 2 plus hour rampage of killdozer, and 7-10 mil in damages, the Colorado governor did authorize a national guard tank attack helicopter to respond, but due to the dozer getting stuck, driver suicide, the helicopter never deployed.
Helicopter and tank killer munitions were approved, prepared, and were readying to respond when suicide ended it.
The response time was not, is not, will not be immediate enough to stop massive damages.
The police response was correct to get the people evacuated from the path to save lives but not property. Yay police...

Almost three hours of destruction, dozer has a 50 cal to shoot at police, plus two more rifles, and there are no police departments up armed enough to deal with this. That is a life fact.

The armored van in Dallas was stopped by a 50 cal.

Then where was that stolen tank ?

Again, no civilian LE is prepared or trained to deal with this level of problems. The men who created America did not intend the police to be so armed.
***Historically the police have up armored after criminal actions determined their equipment was not up to that of the criminal.***
The civilian criminal was better armed than the police, ohhhh shit.
Some of you think the police are better armed than you are, historically and on large scale, this is incorrect and the way the Founding Fathers intended the US to be, where the people had the means to come together and handle the problem, can you say militia....
World events outside the US have played a part in up armoring the police.
Elected officials determine the level of police arms the police will have. Voter apathy is much more dangerous than a tool an officer has in the larger historical perspective and picture.

There are some things no police dept is prepared to handle or stop.
There are some events that none of the population is prepared to deal with, and the discussion afterwards reflects it.
In any event, internet board quarterbacks will make the discussions interesting to say the least.
Few of the quarterbacks will ever be in a position of responsibility to deal with the problems and vicarious liability.
Their board responses and verbal flatulence make the majority glad the quarterbacks will never have any level of power or responsibility, and perhaps glad the QB's dont have a big enough voting bloc to make any difference.

Some of the board responses here show the inability of like minded people to get along much less fix a problem.
So, argue away on the internet board, stay angry, and watch unscrupulous politicians take advantage of the divisions to take more from you.

Get the f off the boards and get involved in life,
after all, you are truly the master of your own destiny.
You can angrily be a sheep led to a railroad car, because you make the wrong choice,
You can commit suicide in an armored bulldozer, duh...
Lots of bad choices can feed you a shit sandwich.
If you dont like the smell of shit, get out of the sewer you have chosen.... it's all on you, the individual.

Or you can be smarter than that and count your blessings along with the freedom you now have to get what you need to have a good life.

Quarter rant off now..
vr

Long ago in Fla there was a loaded class 8 truck chase, that lasted from between Wildwood & Ocala an went clear into Ga on I 75. No one was thinking at all while they risk the lives of thousands on the road. How do you stop 80K + pounds of class 8 ?,... Very simply, assist it, into allowing it to stop it's self.
Surely there are class 8 wrenches here, who can tell you how to do that.
Big holes in fuel tanks, shooting out the front tires, or cutting emergency air lines to the trailer?

Big holes in fuel tanks, shooting out the front tires, or cutting emergency air lines to the trailer?

Fuel tank engine supply fitting yes, but iffy do to opening the tank up,... front tires,... not no,... but hell no,.... depending speed an innocents involved.
Fastest an safest way would be stopping air flow to the spring brakes, tractor or trailer, prefer trailer first. There was video of a Fla HP car right beside the tractor more than 5 times during the chase. One shotgun rd to sever the Emergency service line (Red Line) between the tractor an trailer an the trailer brakes lock up quickly. Same applies to the trailer air tank, quick release valves, or their air lines. Holes in any of those an she comes to a safe stop.

So what about the dozer? Big chuck of iron in the tracks?

So what about the dozer? Big chuck of iron in the tracks?
You were on the right track with fire. Once he/it is blind you own it, an that could be done in hundreds of ways. The firing slits he had will not stop a Lube oil/Diesel/gasoline mix from getting inside. Once that happens you can force iron into the sprockets, which will sever the internal shafts. If it would have been me, I would have used air pressure to fill the cab with burning fuel, that also could have been done using a local fire truck. A new fire truck would have been chump change to the damage he caused.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
You were on the right track with fire. Once he/it is blind you own it, an that could be done in hundreds of ways. The firing slits he had will not stop a Lube oil/Diesel/gasoline mix from getting inside. Once that happens you can force iron into the sprockets, which will sever the internal shafts. If it would have been me, I would have used air pressure to fill the cab with burning fuel, that also could have been done using a local fire truck. A new fire truck would have been chump change to the damage he caused.

LOL...........laughing

There is some funny shit in this thread, some laughable, some pure B/S. Not everything is as it seems to the so call,... educated.

Your cryptic posts are your way of trying to remain relevant

LOL...........laughing

The stolen tank was here in SoCal. It ended when it high centered on the median barrier, and the cop climbed up, open the top hatch, and shot the guy.

Reactions: Mike4837
The stolen tank was here in SoCal. It ended when it high centered on the median barrier, and the cop climbed up, open the top hatch, and shot the guy.
Yep, the mistake the dirt-bag made was not combat locking it from the inside, course high centered it was not going anywhere soon. However once you were on it, it could be shut down/stopped in a few different ways.

So with the so Cal Tank fiasco in mind, how could it have been stopped, w/o it stopping it's self via the dumb ass driving it? It's a very easy task if you think out of the box?

So with the so Cal Tank fiasco in mind, how could it have been stopped, w/o it stopping it's self via the dumb ass driving it? It's a very easy task if you think out of the box?

I bet you won't tell us because you don't know yourself.