• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

[Video] Police Snipers train for Super Bowl LIV

I bet you won't tell us because you don't know yourself.
Says the guy that knows everything,...
Laughing, I had one on one with a tank an no infantry in 1966, I'll bet there are others here that did as well. Hint,... Every swat team has the tools that were needed to stop that tank long before he stopped his self,... an got shot because he was stupid before pulling out.

As I was scrolling down through the comments, I was thinking, "Am I the only one noticing poor trigger control???" He was bouncing off the trigger as soon as the shot broke. No follow-through.

I was relieved to see your comment! ? ?
I agree. Also he was sighting his shot. Should be rechambering right away looking for work.

If you have' t read the why, you should. It had zero to do about police until he moved his plan into action.

kill_dozer_mock_up_1024x1024.jpeg

Why no suppressor? I'm also curious as to why our military and law enforcement still use the Leupold MK4 scopes with so many other great choices out there?
The mk4 should be paper weights. What is irritating is having a mil reticle but adjusting in MOA. AND having 1 minute per click elevation turret then a 1/2 minute per click windage turrets.

Killdozer was an easy kill using API/APIT through the forward gun port. The armor was thin/open where the barrel of his M82 poked out. Might have taken a couple tries but a halfway decent shooter could have worked one or two in. The spall and residual flame, not to mention and errant penetrator heading straight at the operator, would have done him wonders. Work a HEIAP in, and that little bastard would have pushed the off button in a hurry.

Reports said the locals used C4 to no avail on the dozer. With some of our lessons learned in the recent history, one could pretty quickly build an EFP IED and wreck his day.

There are a few mobility kills that could have been done, but where is the fun in that?!

So with the so Cal Tank fiasco in mind, how could it have been stopped, w/o it stopping it's self via the dumb ass driving it? It's a very easy task if you think out of the box?

Mobility kill, break the track and he’s dead in the water.

Last edited:
The thing that pisses me off with these large event venues is that the common man must be disarmed to attend. I don't plan on needing my sidearm once inside due to the saturation of security personnel, but an attendee must be disarmed all the way from their vehicle into the venue and back. This is unacceptable to a logical self preserving individual such as myself, so I never attend such events.

If enough of the populace ever realized their rights being infringed, attendance at these events would be a lot lower. Just like flying after 9/11. If enough people had stopped flying long enough to bankrupt the airlines, things would surely have changed in support of preserving individual privacy and freedom. Instead, the average citizen is more than happy to give up their liberty for some perceived "safety".

The mk4 should be paper weights. What is irritating is having a mil reticle but adjusting in MOA. AND having 1 minute per click elevation turret then a 1/2 minute per click windage turrets.

If you are hinting that he was running an M3, he wasn't.

As to "irritating" to run an MOA/MIL mix, it may not be optimal but it can be run pretty seemless. Tons did it for years and tons still do. Many still think SFP ( including myself) is optimal for L.E. work anyway so there are definite forks in the road when you let the mission drive the equipment and training choices.

What works best in internet forums and PRS/NFL may not be a wise choice in other lanes.

./

The thing that pisses me off with these large event venues is that the common man must be disarmed to attend. I don't plan on needing my sidearm once inside due to the saturation of security personnel, but an attendee must be disarmed all the way from their vehicle into the venue and back. This is unacceptable to a logical self preserving individual such as myself, so I never attend such events.

If enough of the populace ever realized their rights being infringed, attendance at these events would be a lot lower. Just like flying after 9/11. If enough people had stopped flying long enough to bankrupt the airlines, things would surely have changed in support of preserving individual privacy and freedom. Instead, the average citizen is more than happy to give up their liberty for some perceived "safety".

there are ways around being disarmed.

here’s one example.

419373BD-FBAC-4E4B-8AF3-98557047145F.jpeg

All g10. Metal detectors can eat a dick

My preference is a Glock 7. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines here an it costs more than what you make in a month!
how do you hide the ammo?

and how's the trigger?

questions are in reverse order

Killdozer was an easy kill using API/APIT through the forward gun port. The armor was thin/open where the barrel of his M82 poked out. Might have taken a couple tries but a halfway decent shooter could have worked one or two in. The spall and residual flame, not to mention and errant penetrator heading straight at the operator, would have done him wonders. Work a HEIAP in, and that little bastard would have pushed the off button in a hurry.

Reports said the locals used C4 to no avail on the dozer. With some of our lessons learned in the recent history, one could pretty quickly build an EFP IED and wreck his day.

There are a few mobility kills that could have been done, but where is the fun in that?!

Mobility kill, break the track and he’s dead in the water.
Did you even study the back story or is he just bad because he didn’t respect authority ?

Business travel is why the TSA pedophile goons were never curtailed

The real question is why these people shooting rifles in "practical scenarios" are using those damn gamer tripods!

While I'll agree with that, it would seem to me smoking targets in the cheap seats would be more likely than tagging players? Or is this about not allowing the best team allowed to win.:p

I heard there was a new brand of smokes called "Targets", that were real popular among the poors, like meth and joints. And more likely to be found in the cheap seats. So......

Jmhe, the taggers spray the outside of the stadium and buildings around it. And train cars sitting still.
Easier to tag something not moving, players are difficult and dont like being tagged, dont like the paint fumes, just sayin.

Yep, I can see poors smoking those new smokes in the cheap seats and watching the chearleeders rather than tagging players.

Who gives a s' who wins, smoking, drinking, tailgating and tagging, that's what makes football fun, its a good time to get away from sis in the hills and look at some new scenery, right GF ? ??

Last edited:
I'd love to see them shoot the cap off of a beer. I work as a SRT medic and would love to go to some of the classes our sniper team goes to.

Did you even study the back story or is he just bad because he didn’t respect authority ?

A little real in the mix.....
Deersniper is driving down main street going to the GOA gunshow.

Armored bulldozer (ABd) runs over his F350, and Deersniper luckily gets out safe and runs into the nearest building. Couple of 50 cal and a few 30 cal bullets chase him in there. ABd follows and pushes over the building while Deersniper runs out the back with ABd clanking along behind him.

At this point, DS does not really give a f about any backstory. Nobody getting run over or shot at gives a f about backstory when it's going on....
just that it stops targeting them, by any means possible.

Later, when ABd is stopped, DS finds out it was AJ and Snuby pissed off cause they were banned. Nice guys and Hide friends.
Does that mean the rounds fired were friendly fire ? No, friendly fire definitely isnt friendly. And repeating, nobody getting shot at or run over gives a f about backstory.

Obviously AJ and Snuby have a problem with authority, banned. They 'are' nice guys, after all. Dindonuffin, were getting their life back together, hey, they were even going to church and caught up on their child support. Shouldn't have been banned.

DS now minus his F350 and the guns he had in it, getting sewed up in the ER does want to know the backstory so he can get some payback......

More people think like that ^^^^^^ in the real world and dont give a f about backstory or how nice he was when ABd is crawling or the not so friendly fire is flying...

Ymmv.... but not by much when you are the endangered target.

• Sad
Reactions: deersniper
Why no suppressor? I'm also curious as to why our military and law enforcement still use the Leupold MK4 scopes with so many other great choices out there?
A few others have touched on this, but I'll expand on it. In my experience this is a multi-faceted issue. Money is one side of it, but it also comes down to who makes the decisions and a lack of exposure to what else is out there. You have to understand that not everyone in LE is a gun guy and somehow not every LE sniper is a precision rifle guy. Many of them do it because it's an opportunity to do something different within the department.

My agency has a 4-man sniper team, which is part time and gets 8 hours of training a month. We're big enough that money is not an issue if you can convince the right people something is necessary, but that can be tricky and take work when you're talking to guy who don't understand your role or equipment.

The other problem I see a lot is what I call the "just-as-good-as" fairy. Not saying everyone needs an AI AX with a Tangent Theta or Zero Compromise Optic, but a duplex reticle in $40 Wal-Mart rings are not just as good. Depending on the people and I think the area of the country, that can be a difficult to make people understand who's only experience with this gear is shooting a deer a couple times of year. It's a different mindset.

Finally, sometimes the City politicians are not supportive of anything perceived and militaristic or generally scary. Again, it comes down to get the right people to sell it to the right people.

Sadly, not everyone in LE gets to a position with the right mindset to know any better.

Some of you think the police are better armed than you are, historically and on large scale, this is incorrect and the way the Founding Fathers intended the US to be, where the people had the means to come together and handle the problem, can you say militia....
World events outside the US have played a part in up armoring the police.
Elected officials determine the level of police arms the police will have. Voter apathy is much more dangerous than a tool an officer has in the larger historical perspective and picture.

Plenty of police departments are much more significantly armed then civilians.

Take a look at the Boston marathon bombing and the response of all of the Boston PD units... I don’t know the last time I saw Police Department having a mark 19 grenade launcher... or a shit load of SAWs... all seeable in the videos of the reponse.

This is the same police department who is chief of police walks around saying that nobody in Boston needs to have a long gun. He doesn’t mean A.R. 15‘s, he means bolt action rifle‘s shouldn’t be allowed in the city.

The city of Los Angeles used to have hundreds of PVS-4s so that their officers could respond in darkness... Who knows what else they used to have and still do.

Is the Podunk police departments they don’t have anything but plenty of police departments have weapons far in excess there of that civilians.

Plenty of police departments are much more significantly armed then civilians.

Take a look at the Boston marathon bombing and the response of all of the Boston PD units... I don’t know the last time I saw Police Department having a mark 19 grenade launcher... or a shit load of SAWs... all seeable in the videos of the reponse.

This is the same police department who is chief of police walks around saying that nobody in Boston needs to have a long gun. He doesn’t mean A.R. 15‘s, he means bolt action rifle‘s shouldn’t be allowed in the city.

The city of Los Angeles used to have hundreds of PVS-4s so that their officers could respond in darkness... Who knows what else they used to have and still do.

Is the Podunk police departments they don’t have anything but plenty of police departments have weapons far in excess there of that civilians.

Plenty may be.......
But my first sentence is correct.

20200215_164514.jpg

And if you will do due diligent study you will find the majority of those plenty better armed than the citizens are dim ocratic enclaves, many referred to as shitholes, who think they need that weaponry to control their peasant serfs.
California formed the first swat teams to control their serfs
and those shithole cities were behind the 68 gun control act because their serfs were rioting for equality.
That shit didnt start in podunk flyover America.

And what you refer to as podunk, clearly outnumber those shithole big cities and are in the majority conservative and constitutional, not afraid of their citizens. And subsequently less armed than their citizens.
There are more podunk departments than shithole departments. The shithole departments do have greater populations and higher population to police numbers. And those populations have been arms restricted by democratic .gov policy, therefore definitely less armed than the police.

Hopefully your podunk comments are not caused by the democratic snobbery that infects your fine state of Maryland,
and not intended as insults to podunk Republican rednecks. Smile Gary.... ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Terry Cross
I was recently helping a buddy of mine covert M-16s, that a podunk sheriffs department in a Republican enclave in PA, wanted changed into to SAWs.

Seems they want more firepower... so it’s not just the liberaltard enclaves.

Unfortunately I’m stuck here for now, as there is one thing the ‘tards are doing better in the spot I live... no... not our rights....