• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Video Review - SWFA Super Snipers

Re: Video Review - SWFA Super Snipers

.....what Kurt said.
Any power setting you like; it's always correct unless you get a defective scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what power does the 3x9 mil at?

I have a .223 that I'd like to put one on. </div></div>

The reticle is in the front focal plane (hence FFP), so it mils correct through the entire power range. A bit difficult to see the dots at 3x though.
wink.gif

oh crap....I completely missed the FFP fact.

I'm an idiot

I have a question... SWFA is close to me and I have bought several pieces from them face to face.

Regarding the "Sample List," how is the "MSRP" on an SS10x42HD $1,275 with a used price of $759? SWFA (the Manufacturer) sells it for $799 new?

I just slid my Nightforce from my Wilson Combat AR over to my 700 5R and need to replace it and the SS-10x42HD is a solid, logical choice.

I'm all about supporting the local guy... even when I lose a little bit on pricing over the internet AND pay Sales Tax. BUT... I feel the Sample list to be deceptive. If I hadn't flipped back over to the SWFA main site I would have bought the HD on the Sample list for $759 and thought I had a "great deal" saving $500 instead of $40 from a brand new unit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a question... SWFA is close to me and I have bought several pieces from them face to face.

Regarding the "Sample List," how is the "MSRP" on an SS10x42HD $1,275 with a used price of $759? SWFA (the Manufacturer) sells it for $799 new?

I just slid my Nightforce from my Wilson Combat AR over to my 700 5R and need to replace it and the SS-10x42HD is a solid, logical choice.

I'm all about supporting the local guy... even when I lose a little bit on pricing over the internet AND pay Sales Tax. BUT... I feel the Sample list to be deceptive. If I hadn't flipped back over to the SWFA main site I would have bought the HD on the Sample list for $759 and thought I had a "great deal" saving $500 instead of $40 from a brand new unit. </div></div>

Some folks will pitch a bitch about anything. SWFA is both the manufacturer (even though it is made for them) and is the only distributer, and the only retailer, that sells the Super Sniper line. Therefore the MSRP is whatever they say it is. Just like Leupold for example, lists the retail MSRP's for their MK4's and then sells them for less through through their custom shop. Nothing deceptive here or there.

As far as the sample, the SS 10x HD listed there is a display model, used for pictures. It is new, and carries a new warranty, and is being sold for $40 less than new, because the box was opened, and pictures taken.

Not defending SWFA, but the Sample list shows saving from MSRP, not retail. When you go to their retail side, you can see the actual price they charge for new. Nothing hidden or deceptive.

Bob, I believe you misunderstood... I have and will continue to support SWFA. They are local, I have spent a few grand with them over the last 2 years (2 Leupolds, 1 Burris, 2 Aimpoints).

All I ask is to be honest. Simple question... is the PUBLISHED MSRP of an SS $1,275 on the SWFA site? Does ANYONE sell an SS for $1,275? No, so the "suggested" price is the advertised selling price, which is $799.

The selling point of the SS has always been the price-point. There is nothing wrong with that.

Bob, I deferred to your knowledge when setting up my 5R... and I truly am grateful for your help. I have been a Marketing Professional in the Advertising field for 17 years... this is my area of expertise. You can call it bitching... I call it bringing a correctable criticism to light.

Rico,

Good points, but is the MSRP listed on the SWFA retail price list for any other scope brands?

Again for example, from the sample list:

11296 Leupold 3.5-10x40 Mark 4 LR/T Dark Earth finish, Illuminated TMR reticle, 30mm tube, Side Focus, M2 Target Knobs, bubble level included, ring marks $1,785.00 $1,199.95

SWFA lists the MSRP as $1785.00. On the retail page for the same scope is listed for:

$1,429.95
Leupold 3.5-10x40 Mark 4 LR/T 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - LEU62150

Nowhere, except on the sample List, do you see the Leupold MSRP of $1785.00, but it does exist, even if nobody, including SWFA sells it for that price. The sale price for that Leupold scope is $1429.95. Just like the Sale Price of the SS 10x42 HD is $799.95.

You are confusing MSRP, with Sales Price. SWFA is at least consistent in listing the MSRP next to the Sample list price for all makes and models. Perhaps you should e-mail them and tell them to make a third column, listing what they actually sell them for new.

I understand you are unhappy about that, nor did I say your bitching was uncalled for. I just said everybody has to bitch about something, and this is yours.

I get it and I understand; point taken.....I just don't agree with you that it is deceptive. So we can agree to disagree...can't we? Or should posters only post when they agree with you?

And that's my point.

They should only post when they agree...
wink.gif

To avoid beating the dead stallion... I'll just let my comments stand.

cool.gif

We use MSRP on the SampleList only as a base of comparison to what we are selling the used/demo one for. We do it this way, not to be deceptive but because we sell many things on the SampleList that we don't sell on our new site and many things are discontinued and have no current "sales price". MSRP is the only constant number we can reference to give the potential buyer a rough idea in regards to what kind of deal it is or isn't.

We used the same mark up that most manufacturers do to determine what our SS MSRP prices would be and used those to maintain consistency on the site.

We are rebuilding the SampleList.com site right now and the new site will have links to the products that we also stock new versions of so that potential customers can see what the real word retail price is too.

We feel confident that most consumers understand that MSRP is much like sticker price on a car and does not mean a whole lot but it is still useful.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate the time and thought and it is nothing less than I expected from SWFA.

Here is a question for you (and please don't feel compelled to answer):

If the MSRP does not mean a whole lot, then why raise the "Sticker Price" on your SS?

I understand that you cannot control (nor would you want to) what other manufacturers list as MSRP vs. actual sale price... BUT, the the SS is YOUR proprietary line for you to value at your discretion.

I have no doubt in the world that your new HD line performs as well as other scopes in $1000-1500 range... but what sets yours apart is and has always been the price point.

At the end of the day, I'll still support you guys and you can run your business however you see fit.

Where is the ebay special for the SS 3-9x42 with all the extras for $600?
I can't find it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mac37</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is the ebay special for the SS 3-9x42 with all the extras for $600?
I can't find it. </div></div>

You don't have to go through ebay to get the kits. You can use the search function of our web site to find them.

Search these item #'s: <span style="font-weight: bold">SWFA1 </span>or <span style="font-weight: bold">SWFA2</span>

The <span style="font-weight: bold">SWFA1</span> is geared to the AR crowd. It is not currently listed on eBay or our swfa.com site. We are having the SSALT mount redesigned. When it becomes available later this month the kit will be back up.

It included the following:

SWFA SS 3-9x42
S.S.A.L.T mount with 1" inserts
SS-TAC Picatinny rail top
2.25" SS Sun Shade
Set of butler creek flip ups
Mil Dot Master
SS Ball cap
SS Khaki Koozie

3792814323_18ae1d369d_b.jpg

The second kit is the SWFA2 that is geared for bolt guns. The rings are currently out of stock but should be back in stock within two weeks.

We are taking backorders for it here:
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-9x42-Packaged-Deal-P44443.aspx

It includes the following:

SWFA SS 3-9x42
SS-TAC low 30mm rings with 1" inserts
2.25" SS Sun Shade
Set of butler creek flip ups
Mil Dot Master
SS Ball cap
SS Khaki Koozie
SS Anti-Reflection Device
!BbyFTJg!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-EUEquRH5Vo)BK)myJw+Dw~~_3.JPG

Both kits will be available on eBay when all of the free items are back in stock.

I have the SWFA2 purchased on ebay last month. It's nice for the money
wink.gif
thanks SWFA
smile.gif

What a fantastic review. It has convinced me to try one until the USO gets here.

when the SSALT mount comes back up I'll be ordering the package. Please post up when it does.

I was in there yesterday with a buddy who picked up a SWFA2 package. Gotta say, the Koozie is badass!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, what changes are in store for the S.S.A.L.T mount? </div></div>

Nothing real drastic. Just a few tweaks here and there;)

Brady

Don't suppose you'd ship to Canada.

EDIT: Nevermind, I answered my own question after a quick nap and a search. Doh!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sgtlmj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I made it.

http://www.sgtlmj.com/public/MilZero.pdf

ETA: Another gratuitous shot. It won't be warm enough for a good spray-paintin until June here, so I'll just have to suffer with target-indicator black for a while.

web.jpg
</div></div>

Can we put your target on www.mil-dot.com?

You should enter our photo contest; we have more prizes to add then what it is showing currently. All you have to do is enter a picture that shows a product you bought from us and right a story about it. If we have 20 prizes we pick 20 finalists. The public votes and who ever gets the most votes gets first place and second most gets second, etc. etc.

SWFA Photo Contest[url]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You should enter our photo contest; we have more prizes to add then what it is showing currently. All you have to do is enter a picture that shows a product you bought from us and right a story about it. If we have 20 prizes we pick 20 finalists. The public votes and who ever gets the most votes gets first place and second most gets second, etc. etc.

</div></div>

Think this would have a chance?

_MG_1298.JPG

Out of curiosity, if I ordered SWFA package #2, would there be anyway to substitute the Dr Pepper from package #1 for the 7-Up in package #2? I understand there might be an extra charge...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Think this would have a chance?

_MG_1298.JPG

</div></div>

No, no chance, it would WIN! CONGRATS RATBERT!

Curious when the SSALT mount will be ready so I can order up an SWFA1 kit . . .
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roadwild17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did you guys run out of the salt mount??

If not any way to pay the difference between the rings and salt mount? </div></div>

We are redesiging the SSALT mount to accomodate scopes with a large saddle section and should have them back in stock March/April.

If you would like one of the kit deals get with [email protected]. We are also redesigning our SS-Tac rings and are out of several. We can build you a kit deal with another brand of rings/mounts, it would be no problem.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just mounted mine on my M14.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Impact - just curiou, I plan to pick up a SS 10x42 for my M14 also. What size/type rings did you go with? I have a Sadlak mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlowell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are the kits still available? </div></div>

Not currently.

When are we going to see a SS with a 4-16x'ish power range with mil/mil and HD glass? I'm ready to get rid of my Mk4 if you can just get one out there!! I want to make the mil/mil changeover from mil/moa, but I am waiting for the right scope in the right price. The nightforces are way too much money for me, and i'm not sure if the fixed 10x HD is right for me.

If there is anyone on this site that has one on their rifle that's within a reasonable driving distance from Kansas City Missouri? I'd love to look through one, or try it out. My biggest hang up is that I would like to be able to dial down for close in hunting. The deer I got this year was only about 40 yards away, I couldn't imagine trying to find it in the scope at 10x.

Branden

We don't have a firm date and hate to put a date out there prior to even prototyping the scope. Many unforeseen things happen during the design and testing phases that cause delays.

If everything goes 100% smooth with no hicups you will see something before years end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We don't have a firm date and hate to put a date out there prior to even prototyping the scope. Many unforeseen things happen during the design and testing phases that cause delays.

If everything goes 100% smooth with no hicups you will see something before years end. </div></div>
ummmm... swallow a spoonful of sugar... hold your breath as long as you can... drink a full glass of water without stopping... somebody scare the shit outta those guys!
Nah Brady, thats great news. I'm kinda glad I'm too broke to buy a new scope at the moment, otherwise I'd have a SS 3-9x42 on the way... I think I'll be able to hold out for this model instead.

I finally got to use my 3-9x42 this weekend, and I have nothing but praise! It's as clear or clearer than my Leupold was, the tracking is reliable, and the thing just works.

I used it on my AR to shoot a 500 yard prone FTR match (my first match, and first time firing for score at 500, was tons of fun). As I'd never been to one of these kinds of competitions before, I started to chuckle when all the other folks started to get out their rifles. I was sorely outclassed, LOL. Nevertheless, I did OK (452-2X out of 600-60x, nothing to write home about at all, the rifle's not done yet, but I blame the shooter, haha), and was super pleased with the scope. All corrections I made were good, and I was pleasantly surprised by just how well you can see details out at 500 yards on a simple 9x.

I zero'd the scope the day before the match, and it was super easy, as everyone knows by now. Shoot, read the reticle, adjust, shoot again. Once I had it on paper at 100, I did a few 3-shot groups to confirm things, and then hit the match the next day. Easy!

Anyway, once I am gainfully employed again, I'll be using a $150 off certificate on the 10x42HD for my PSS until I can afford a USO. I doubt any SuperSniper I purchase will be going anywhere, if I can help it though. Amazing glass for the price.

So, just wanted to add my blessing to things, not that it's needed at all. Big thumbs up to SWFA, though. They've got a winner with this new line of SuperSnipers, in my book.

Well, I ended up not being able to hold out for the 4-16 that's in the works, and got the 3-9x42. All I can say is... AMAZING. This scope has made shooting a completely different experience for me, when compared to the cheapo Remington scope that came on my .243.

IMG_3631.jpg

I went out to Gunsite Hills yesterday to sight it in an I have to say; having never used a mil dots or mil measurements, adjustable turrets, or shot past 300 yards, this scope was incredibly easy to zero and operate. It has a little bit of tunnel vision from 3-4x, but from 4-9x it has full edge to edge clarity... I mean, the picture is freaking huge and the resolution is great. It really was hard for me to believe it's only a 3-9x. And like Frank and everyone else have said, you dial your elevation, and it responds precisely. I was only able to stretch it out to 600 yards before the rain came in, but the scope did everything it was supposed to... which honestly, was more than I was expecting. It was a completely foreign feeling for me to be able to look at the estimated drop chart I had worked up, turn the turret to the desired elevation setting, hold dead center, and hit dead center (with the exception of one misread elev. adjustment and the final shot I rushed to get in before the rain). All in all, I am extremely happy with this scope and would recommend it to anyone.

And to anyone within driving distance of Lexington, GA, I highly recommend taking a trip to Gunsite Hills. It was my first time out there and I had a great time. To say Chief was helpful and friendly is an understatement... Top notch guy and a really fun place to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We don't have a firm date and hate to put a date out there prior to even prototyping the scope. Many unforeseen things happen during the design and testing phases that cause delays.

If everything goes 100% smooth with no hicups you will see something before years end. </div></div>

I'm confused are you refering to the 1-4 FFP HD or is there a 4-16 FFP HD in the works?

boudin,

Thanks for the great review.

I've seen Crown Royal bags used for alot of things but you have implemented the best use for them that I've seen.

Dantrom,

There are several new models in the works including one in the 4 or 5 to 16 or 20 range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">boudin,

Thanks for the great review.

I've seen Crown Royal bags used for alot of things but you have implemented the best use for them that I've seen.

Dantrom,

There are several new models in the works including one in the 4 or 5 to 16 or 20 range.

</div></div>

Geez, you're such a tease! I'm seriously considering getting a 10xHD and waiting until a new variable comes out and trading up whenever it's available. I love my Leup mk4, but the shortcomings (really just the fact it has M3 turrets) are really starting to bug me. I want mil/mil, good glass, variable w/parallax adjustment now! lol.

Branden

I just purchased one from SWFA for my M1A.
I was looking at both the mark4 2.5x8 MTR and this scope.
The review and video from lowlight really helped with the decision.
I have an SS10 on a remington 700 which has performed flawlessly
for 3000+ rounds, desert training, range work, etc.
I will be putting the SS3x9 through it paces very soon in my Troy Industries M1A mount.
range report forthcoming.

Does anyone know the amount of internal elevation adjustment is for the 10x HD? I looked and couldn't find it anywhere.