• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Vietnam Memorial

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
My heart goes out to all of the Veterans of the Vietnam War...
It took me 20 years to take this photo but I was honored to visit the wall.

Re: Vietnam Memorial

I was there last weekend, and between this and Arlington I was speechless. I can't define it as fun, but well worth it.

Lots of good Americans on that wall. Thanks for posting it, ArcticLight.

One of the most moving experiences in my life was visiting the wall for the first time then going back with my dad.

Went there when I was a senior in High School, year was 1989, still remember it like it was yesterday. Tried to find some names for a relative, but it was so difficult to see that many names, I cried.

One other thing really stirred my guts and was amazing to me, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, amazing, just amazing.

Showed my boss this photograph.

Left side - last name stOnce - that was someone he knew.

Small world.

Every time I see the wall, I am brought to tears. I do not know anyone personally who lost their life in the war, but I am incredibly grateful for their sacrifice and my gratitude grows the older I get.

Thank you for the photo and thank you to all hide members who have served our country

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Substance-P</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every time I see the wall, I am brought to tears. I do not know anyone personally who lost their life in the war, but I am incredibly grateful for their sacrifice and my gratitude grows the older I get.

Thank you for the photo and thank you to all hide members who have served our country </div></div>

I'll second that. I was surprised by how I reacted to the wall and at Arlington. I was angered by the parents that just let their kids run around dragging their greasy fingers all over the wall with no respect at all. I had always been patriotic, but that trip to DC and Arlington elevated my patriotism to another level. I was also surprised by how I was even moved at JFK's gravesite. There were some leaves that had blown over his tombstone and I desperately wanted to brush them off. The changing of the guard and the tomb of the unknown soldier was also quite moving. Even though it has been over 10 years since I have been it is one of my most cherished experiences.

Brian

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brainman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Substance-P</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every time I see the wall, I am brought to tears. I do not know anyone personally who lost their life in the war, but I am incredibly grateful for their sacrifice and my gratitude grows the older I get.

Thank you for the photo and thank you to all hide members who have served our country </div></div>

I'll second that. I was surprised by how I reacted to the wall and at Arlington. I was angered by the parents that just let their kids run around dragging their greasy fingers all over the wall with no respect at all. I had always been patriotic, but that trip to DC and Arlington elevated my patriotism to another level. I was also surprised by how I was even moved at JFK's gravesite. There were some leaves that had blown over his tombstone and I desperately wanted to brush them off. The changing of the guard and the tomb of the unknown soldier was also quite moving. Even though it has been over 10 years since I have been it is one of my most cherished experiences.

Brian </div></div>

Recently, I have been to DC several times (about once a year over the past few years). The first of those trips was my first return trip to DC since I was 7 years old. I remember on my first trip as an adult being so moved by the Vietnam, Korean, and WWII war memorials and amazed at how unaware I had been of the power behind these monuments. Now, I make it a goal to return as often as I am in the area and to try and maintain that sense of respect and appreciation long after I have returned from my trip.

You have reminded that I need to get back to Arlington.

Was in Nam for 3 yrs, and saw them make that wall in the stone sheds of Barrie VT.
I have not seen the wall, I will--Probrobly will , definatly, will go back to 68, feb
Respectfuly --to the real men on it.
141hp