• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vintage Sniper Rifle Picture Thread

USMCSGT0331,
What an outstanding thing to do. Keep in mind that most of us who weren't snipers, but in an 'elite' unit that had them, never got to handle a snipers rifle. So what you did was extra cool in a way.
Funny you mention the Krag Jorgensen. It seems like every rifle has it's fan holdout base, ha ha. Because in 1900, the 'lessons' from the Spanish-American War were to build a Mauser type rifle (thus the ensuing 1903). Nothing at all wrong with the Krag. Except that the training and sights were limited. The rifle/round were certainly capable beyond those two factors. The 30-06 was an improvement, but the limitations were placed on (edit:) ) the Krag by the higher echelons of our military. Also to a degree the 30-06

Last edited:
Two weekends ago the gun club I'm a member at had their very small annual gun show, and I was able to set up 2 tables to display some of my vintage and modern US sniper rifles. By small gun show, I mean like 4 people with displays and an FFL seling some pistols, lol. Besides the sniper rifles I also included some archaic firearms to show the lineage from 6 centuries ago and I brought in a few other items that tied everything together. I know that DMR’s aren't a true sniper rifle (literally a designated marksman rifle), but I wanted my USMC black stock M14 DMR there because I was just extremely proud of this build and I wanted people to see it! It felt right to include it in the display and I'm glad I brought it!

This is the first time I've ever done a display like this and this is the first public appearance for almost all of these firearms (I had a USMC display last year that included 3 or 4 of the guns that I brought again this year, everything else is new to display). This is a small portion of my collection, but these are some of my most important pieces of history. I talked to tons of people and I let everyone handle these rifles, look though the scopes, dry fire them and have their photos taken with their favorite ones! It's not everyday that someone can see these original rifles, especially being able to touch them and hold them! Normally guns like these are seen in museums behind a wall of glass and you're still standing a few feet away. Some of my rifles may have gotten a few new scratches or wear, but I didn't want them to gather dust sitting in a gunsafe forever, I wanted to share them with my community and educate people who were interested about our military's sniper history. This was a truly unique opportunity for everyone who attended the gun show!

I brought all sorts of amazing original sniper rifles, some of which are extremely historically significant like my Krag sniper rifle that was used in the Army tests in 1900 that paved the way for all of our military's sniper rifles (link to the article on my rifle at the end of this post, that's my rifle in the article)! Other items on display included an original handgonne from the 1370's, an original musket from the 1570's, 2 original USMC M40's, 2 original USMC Winchester M70's, an original IBA XM3 that my sniper platoon had in Fallujah, Iraq (I'm holding this rifle in the photos below), and other amazing firearms. So, tons of great stuff for people to enjoy! And of course people always want to know what guns like these are worth, some guy almost dropped one of my M40's due to shock when he asked me what that specific rifle was worth and I gave him a number, lol.

Even though I had all of these astonishing guns on display, there was one rifle that everyone kept asking me about..... it was the USMC black DMR! I couldn't believe it, it was almost like everyone who stopped by my tables had been given the same script, they all wanted to know more about the DMR! That rifle was everyone's favorite and I'm really happy I brought it with. Just about everyone asked me if this was an original military rifle. Even after holding it and examining it up close, people still couldn't tell that it was a clone built from a collection of parts! To me, that was the ultimate test of how good a clone rifle is. If someone is holding it in their hands and they think it'd the real deal and want to know which unit it came from and what battles it was used in, then you know that you have the perfect rifle! I have to give all of that credit to Terry Golgin (forceman on the M14 Forum), that was all his hard work!

I wish I could show this stuff to you guys in person, photos don't do any of these guns justice. Maybe someday we'll have a Sniper's Hide Vintage Section "Show & Shoot" event that we can all attend! Bring a bunch of cool guns, discuss them and shoot them!

View attachment 8059889
View attachment 8059890
View attachment 8059891
View attachment 8059892
View attachment 8059893
View attachment 8059894
View attachment 8059895
View attachment 8059897

And here's an article to the Krag sniper rifle I also brought with me and put on display. Only 2 are still known to exist, my rifle and the one im the Springfield museum! It's a great article, please take a look if you're interested in early US sniping history!

https://www.americanrifleman.org/co...-rifle-the-telescopic-sighted-krag-jorgensen/

Around here (KC) there is one show that is done by Missouri Valley Collectors. And if you like "old stuff" it is the show you want to go to. I would say about 3/4 museum 1/4 "gun show". You see things there you never get to see without glass between you and the item. Fantastic things, and things you read about but never see.

In WWI there was a little gizmo that you would stick on the end of your rifle, it had a little hook in it. Idea was to hook it on barbed wire the just cut the wire by shooting it. I had read about them and never could really work out how the hell it would work. Saw one in the flesh with the guy that had them. Spent about an hour talking to him, and he says it really does work.

Great stuff.

Reactions: ZG47A and D_TROS
Don't really know if this qualifies as "vintage". At least it isn't all metal.

20230204_152322.jpg

Sig Sauer 205 with a 20 inch barrel.
Came with a slightly battered suppressor and the guy at the shop found a thread protector that fits. He also installed my S&B 10x42 scope on it. He had some issues with the rings that came with the rifle, so threw in a pair of Sako Optiloc rings. I was surprised they fit on the Sauer base.

I brought it home in the only bag I had, that is long enough for a Rifle :cool:

Don't really know if this qualifies as "vintage". At least it isn't all metal.

View attachment 8066447

Sig Sauer 205 with a 20 inch barrel.
Came with a slightly battered suppressor and the guy at the shop found a thread protector that fits. He also installed my S&B 10x42 scope on it. He had some issues with the rings that came with the rifle, so threw in a pair of Sako Optiloc rings. I was surprised they fit on the Sauer base.

I brought it home in the only bag I had, that is long enough for a Rifle :cool:

Very nice! I have a Sauer 202 that I bought over 20 years ago and it's the absolute smoothest bolt I've ever felt! Literally nothing comes remotely close, the Sauer is in a league of it's own. Perfect bolt lift and travel, it's unreal. And it's not from decades of use, I've only used the rifle hunting a few times, they're just like that from the factory.

Very nice! I have a Sauer 202 that I bought over 20 years ago and it's the absolute smoothest bolt I've ever felt! Literally nothing comes remotely close, the Sauer is in a league of it's own. Perfect bolt lift and travel, it's unreal. And it's not from decades of use, I've only used the rifle hunting a few times, they're just like that from the factory.
Thanks!
I'm not a great judge of bolt smoothness, but it is smooth. Not sure if it is better than a couple of new Sakos and Tikkas that I had in my hands on another day. Way better than the Ruger, Howa and Mauser 18 that I also handled recently.
I went to see this one because I thought it looked pretty in the pictures, and is somewhat compact with the 20" barrel. When I got it in my hands, it immediately felt right.

I haven't found a manual specifically for the 205 but the mechanism looks very similar to that shown in the SSG 3000 manual.

Reactions: ZG47A
The Sauers are quite popular with the speed shooting and running boar competitors for just the reason you stated.

There's some Merkel, Blaser, etc. straight pulls that will keep up, but nothing that can beat them outright AFAIK...

These are not sniper rifles.

The rifle on top is a Remington 1903 with a Unertl 10X on a Belding & Mull scope mount.

I just finished the rifle on the bottom. It's a Remington 1903A3 action, NRA sporter star gauged barrel that was shortened and threaded for the M60 flash hider, 1922 special match speedlock firing pin, 12X Unertl. As soon as I find a milled trigger guard that is in bad enough condition I can modify it I will install the Canjar set trigger. I also have an Air Service mag I might install on it.

IMG_1598 (2).JPG

Piles of these looking for more projects to be put on.
IMG_1597 (2).JPG

Is that Lyman STS a 20X USMC? Is that 3/4" tube Weaver an M73B1?

I had one of the 20X USMC scopes on a USMC 40-X I got from the CMP. Unfortunately a friend made me an offer I couldn't turn down.

I have a mint 1903A4 with an M73B1 on it.
IMG_0193 (2).JPG

I also like the Hensoldt and Swarovski ZF STANAG scopes.
IMG_0197 (2).JPG

You're correct, it's a 20x Lyman Super Targetspot at the top of the photo. I have more, but they're really buried in the safes and I didn't feel like digging them out. All of the Lyman STS scopes I have are USMC, none are civilian scopes. I have 3 or 4 of the 17,xxx serial number range Lyman STS that are rollmarked USMC PROPERTY and 4 or 5 of the 24,xxx serial number range Lyman STS that are hand engraved USMC PROPERTY. So, at least 7 or more of these scopes.

You're also correct about the Weaver M73B1, which is in mint condition, not a mark on it and the rings look new as well. Did you see the scope to the left of that one? It's an original OPL M73B2, which is the most rare/expensive scope in that entire photograph.

The 2 very long scopes at the bottom of the photo are original Malcolm scopes from the 1870's to 1880's. All of these scopes are loose, just like the ones in your photos. I just couldn't bring myself to stacking everything on top of the M40 greenies, lol. I sold a few dozen scopes out of my personal collection over the past years, at one point I had over 100 loose scopes without rifles to put them on. I guess it's a quantity of quality, not one or the other.

You have a great collection of optics, I'd love to see them all spread out like my photo, so that we can get a good look at them! I really like vintage optics

Last edited:
Yes the M73B2 is a Holy Grail of WWII scopes.

I have a friend that is an animal control officer for the USDA. They use a 40-X with a USMC Lyman scope for pigeons, squirrels and other small critters.

I used to have piles of the Leupold M1 and M3 scopes and Bausch & Lomb 10X scopes but have sold almost all of them over the years, mostly here on the Hide. I had a couple of the Leupold Ultras but they have long since been sold.

Another oddball that I let get away was a Maxwell Smith G88 that was U.S. PROPERTY marked.

The rifle on top is a Remington 1903 with a Unertl 10X on a Belding & Mull scope mount.

I just finished the rifle on the bottom. It's a Remington 1903A3 action, NRA sporter star gauged barrel that was shortened and threaded for the M60 flash hider, 1922 special match speedlock firing pin, 12X Unertl. As soon as I find a milled trigger guard that is in bad enough condition I can modify it I will install the Canjar set trigger. I also have an Air Service mag I might install on it.

View attachment 8071670

View attachment 8071673

I think you might have my 8X Unertl in there somewhere?

Unless you are competing get a 10x.

Just be sure it is the right form.

There are two scopes that have the correct size objective.

One is about 21 inches long and the other out around 24.

The Malcolm reproductions copied the short scopes for some weird reason.

USMC used the long one. Size matters.

You're correct, it's a 20x Lyman Super Targetspot at the top of the photo. I have more, but they're really buried in the safes and I didn't feel like digging them out. All of the Lyman STS scopes I have are USMC, none are civilian scopes. I have 3 or 4 of the 17,xxx serial number range Lyman STS that are rollmarked USMC PROPERTY and 4 or 5 of the 24,xxx serial number range Lyman STS that are hand engraved USMC PROPERTY. So, at least 7 or more of these scopes.

You're also correct about the Weaver M73B1, which is in mint condition, not a mark on it and the rings look new as well. Did you see the scope to the left of that one? It's an original OPL M73B2, which is the most rare/expensive scope in that entire photograph.

The 2 very long scopes at the bottom of the photo are original Malcolm scopes from the 1870's to 1880's. All of these scopes are loose, just like the ones in your photos. I just couldn't bring myself to stacking everything on top of the M40 greenies, lol. I sold a few dozen scopes out of my personal collection over the past years, at one point I had over 100 loose scopes without rifles to put them on. I guess it's a quantity of quality, not one or the other.

You have a great collection of optics, I'd love to see them all spread out like my photo, so that we can get a good look at them! I really like vintage optics

Yes the M73B2 is a Holy Grail of WWII scopes.

I have a friend that is an animal control officer for the USDA. They use a 40-X with a USMC Lyman scope for pigeons, squirrels and other small critters.

I used to have piles of the Leupold M1 and M3 scopes and Bausch & Lomb 10X scopes but have sold almost all of them over the years, mostly here on the Hide. I had a couple of the Leupold Ultras but they have long since been sold.

Another oddball that I let get away was a Maxwell Smith G88 that was U.S. PROPERTY marked.

Unless you are competing get a 10x.

Just be sure it is the right form.

There are two scopes that have the correct size objective.

One is about 21 inches long and the other out around 24.

The Malcolm reproductions copied the short scopes for some weird reason.

USMC used the long one. Size matters.
Question for any of you three. Would a Unertl 1-1/4" Varmint scope (the one with the larger ocular bell) clear the bolt of a USMC M1941 style Springfield?

I just received this XM21 clone from a buddy and I'm extremely excited to share it with everyone! It's still not complete, because I have an original period correct MAC silencer to go with it (waiting on the tax stamp). My friend riginally had it setup with the correct Art Tel scope, but since the stock has the cutouts for the PVS-1 night vision, I thought that I'd switch things up! Now I have daytime sniping and nighttime sniping, with an M16 thrown in for good measure!

The XM21 is built from all original takeoff parts. The stock is 100% original XM21 and is epoxy impregnated. The barrel is a late 1960's original. The receiver is a Devine and the rest of the parts are all correct GI. The PVS-1 is 100% functional as well and I also have the M16 mount for it, so I can switch it around if I feel like a different setup.

The M70 and two M40's are all original USMC rifles. They aren't parts guns or clones, they're actual military sniper rifles, including the receivers. The M70 has been messed with a little bit but there's a story behind it and I'm 100% certain it's an original USMC rifle. I'll save that one for another day. The M16 has a clone lower, but the upper is completely original. The scope on it is an early Colt scope with a white box, white should be about period correct. The scope has an engraved Colt logo, not a printed in logo, and it's new in the original box. You optic guys will have to help me out with dating that one!

Anyways, here's my new XM21 with it's Vietnam War pals!

20230221_161414.jpg

20230221_161554.jpg

Question for any of you three. Would a Unertl 1-1/4" Varmint scope (the one with the larger ocular bell) clear the bolt of a USMC M1941 style Springfield?
I am not familiar with an 1 1/4" varmint scope, unless maybe you mean one of the scopes with the dehorned turrets. I do not know if that will clear the bolt handle, I do not have one to try it with. Those dehorned scopes are also short so eye relief might be a problem.

I am not familiar with an 1 1/4" varmint scope, unless maybe you mean one of the scopes with the dehorned turrets. I do not know if that will clear the bolt handle, I do not have one to try it with. Those dehorned scopes are also short so eye relief might be a problem.
It's kind of hard to describe without a picture. It has the same 3/4" tube of the target scopes, a larger diameter ocular bell, and a shorter objective bell. A bit like the later 2 inch varmint scopes but built on the smaller tube. I can't figure out when they were made.

It's kind of hard to describe without a picture. It has the same 3/4" tube of the target scopes, a larger diameter ocular bell, and a shorter objective bell. A bit like the later 2 inch varmint scopes but built on the smaller tube. I can't figure out when they were made.
It must be one of these, I have never owned one. If it is the same length as the small game scope it may be too short to use on a Springfield due to eye relief.

1677960779960.jpeg

Here are mine. None of them are originals. I'm not sure what to call them. In the circles that I typically hang out in Clones are nearly perfect copies that could almost fool a collector, and Replicas are just kinda, sorta, copies. That appears to be the reverse of the terminology here. So what ever the accepted terminology is, mine won't fool anybody.

The 1903's were built for Vintage Sniper matches.

The top one is a Remington '03A3 that the PO removed the front sight and added a scope. I changed the scope to an early Lyman Alaskan with exposed nobs. In the next few months I will be changing it to a later Alaskan with a post reticle, covered nobs, and front and rear sunshades.

The 1941 copy was built from parts I collected for the project. It features the Hi Lux scope with the competition mounts, and a USMC Sedgley barrel.

Again, the bottom 1903/A5 copy was built from parts I collected for the project. It has a Lyman 5A scope with a Fecker rear mount.

Wade Bentley at Cairo NE assembled both the 1941 and the 1903/A5.
20230417_195958.jpg

The M1A below is just a standard M1A with a Fulton Armory Brookfield type mount and a Leupold VX-III
20230417_200134.jpg

Below is my only "real" sniper rifle. It's a Remington 700P in 300 WM with a Leupold MkIV.
IMG_20210219_160428381.jpg

Attachments

• 20230417_200134.jpg
    20230417_200134.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 36

View attachment 8071670

View attachment 8071673
Thats a pretty pile indeed , Got any 20x Lyman Super Targetspot in that pile, maybe a property of usmc need one for my 40X usmc rifle , just asking 🤔🫣🤑

Where did you get, and how do you like your MARS rail?
It’s a McCann Industries MIRS rail, not their MARS rail. I bought it a few years ago. They still pop up on sale and auction sites on occasion. Just keep your eyes out for them if you’re looking.

A lot of common feedback about using these MIRS rails are:
- They raise the height of the scope a lot more than traditional scope bases. Be prepared to crane your neck or find a way to raise your cheek weld. A stock with an adjustable height cheek piece is recommended.
- The extended rail to mount an attachment in front of the scope is a good idea in principle. But having it as a singular extension of the scope base has caused practical issues in real world usage.

Personally, I don’t like how the built in side rails increase the width of the total rifle profile so much.

But that’s just my opinion and experiences.

If I may ask, what is the damage caused by single loading/firing?

IMO, there are a lot of designs/manufacture of rifles that are really ‘capable’. A lot of it depends on the rifle as to whether it is worn badly from use, or used by people that don’t understand good marksmanship. I gave the M16 a thumbs down until I really learned to shoot it. Same with M-N 91/30’s. Get a good refurb and they shoot amazingly well. Same with Carcanos. FTR, I shot a ‘good’ one with the right bullets, and it did well. That said, you gotta be really fuckin’ good to pull off “the shots that killed Kennedy”.
Personally, I think the killing shot came from the manhole cover at the base of the grassy noll.
For sure, people love to bring up the distance and say it wasn't impressive shooting. It aint about the distance, but moreso the shot placement on a moving target in a very short span of time with far from ideal equipment.
Not to go too far off topic - but I think this dude was definitely involved.
Oswald himself said "Im a patsy!" before catching lead and I believe him... Theres a reason the JFK documents are classified to this day.

Does anyone have any updates on the Swiss firearm laws? Are the amazing SIG/Swiss Arms SG 550-series gone forever?

I just received this XM21 clone from a buddy and I'm extremely excited to share it with everyone! It's still not complete, because I have an original period correct MAC silencer to go with it (waiting on the tax stamp). My friend riginally had it setup with the correct Art Tel scope, but since the stock has the cutouts for the PVS-1 night vision, I thought that I'd switch things up! Now I have daytime sniping and nighttime sniping, with an M16 thrown in for good measure!

The XM21 is built from all original takeoff parts. The stock is 100% original XM21 and is epoxy impregnated. The barrel is a late 1960's original. The receiver is a Devine and the rest of the parts are all correct GI. The PVS-1 is 100% functional as well and I also have the M16 mount for it, so I can switch it around if I feel like a different setup.

The M70 and two M40's are all original USMC rifles. They aren't parts guns or clones, they're actual military sniper rifles, including the receivers. The M70 has been messed with a little bit but there's a story behind it and I'm 100% certain it's an original USMC rifle. I'll save that one for another day. The M16 has a clone lower, but the upper is completely original. The scope on it is an early Colt scope with a white box, white should be about period correct. The scope has an engraved Colt logo, not a printed in logo, and it's new in the original box. You optic guys will have to help me out with dating that one!

Anyways, here's my new XM21 with it's Vietnam War pals!

View attachment 8080638
View attachment 8080639
Was the 4x carry handle scope ever used in 'Nam? Seems like it'd be just as good, if not better sniper support/spotter weapon than the XM21's..?

I call it a super unique M40A1 - that combo of smear stock and greenie scope is something special(!). Thanks for those pics. Lovely patina.

Reactions: kft101
I believe the USMC got its first McMillan stocks in 1977-78, but the first Unertls didn’t arrive until 1980. So it’s a replica of a 1977-1980 era M40A1.

Reactions: deltawiskey
That picture must be before the Unertls came into being

That's correct. It's an M40A1 transitional, which has a green Redfield scope, a Redfield 40X scope base and Redfield 1" medium height underscrew scope rings. The photo was probably taken before 1982, because that's the year the Marines started getting their Unertl MST-100 scope and Unertl scope mounts. Frim 1980 to 1982, the Marines had 25 prototype Unertl MST-100 scopes, but no Unertl mounts (the Unertl scopes were put in welded Redfield base/rings sets, both 40X and 700SA bases were used on the welded mounts).

I need to check my notes, but IIRC the first McMillan HTG M40A1 stocks were shipped to the Corps in 1977 (the first of the smears, other camo patterns were shipped in subsequent years). So, the photo in the previous post could have been taken sometime from the late 1970's to the early 1980's.

The photo was taken in the late 1970's, and it's a phenomenal representation of an M40A1 transitional rifle. If you look closely at the photo, you can see that the scope base being used has windage screws at the rear of the base, and the scope base itself doesn't extend rearward to the last screw hole in the back of the receiver. Since the Redfield scope bases don't extend back to the last screw hole, only 3 screws are used to attach the Redfield bases to the receiver. Conversely, the Unertl mounts have a small extension piece at the rear of the scope mount which allows it to reach the rearmost screw hole in the receiver. Due to these differences, the Redfield 40X/700SA scope bases attach to the receiver with 3 screws, whereas the Unertl scope mounts attach to the receiver with 4 screws.

These are characteristics can be used to identify which type of scope mounting system is being used in old photos like the one that was recently posted. So, that's a Redfield scope base with Redfield scope rings on the transitional M40A1 in the photo, not a Unertl scope mount. Sometimes you can see the corners of the Redfield scope base, 40X bases are usually squared and 700SA bases are usually rounded. However, there are exceptions to that rule. Some 40X bases have rounded corners and some 700SA bases have squared corners, and a very rare few of each type have both squared and rounded corners on a singe base.

One last thing to keep in mind, the Unertl scope mounts were copied directly from the transitional M40A1 welded Redfield mounts (Redfield base/ring set). But, the Unertl mounts aren't just a direct copy of the Redfield welded mounts, they also had improvements to the design. One improvement was including lugs on the underside of the Unertl mount, which are used to wedge the Unertl mount into the Remington receiver (specifically the clip slot and bullet nose cut areas). Another improvement on the Unertl mounts is the extended piece on the rear of the mount, which allows a fourth screw to be used when connecting the scope mount to the receiver. The Unertl mounts also have their scope ring fused to its base, which essentially creates a one piece mount. These changes make the Unertl mounts stronger and more reliable than the original Redfield system. The modifications ensure that the Unertl scope rings are always aligned, and it removes the need for windage screws on the base.

Unfortunately, even with all of these positive changes implemented, Unertl decided to keep the underscrew style scope rings on their mount. This underscrew feature is copied directly from the Redfield 1" medium height scope rings that were used on transitional M40A1's (both 40X and 700SA scope bases used the exact same rings). If you've ever had to mount a scope to an M40A1, you know how much of a pain in the ass it is to tighten those underside screws.

Some Marines have even resorted to making their own custom tools to be used on these underscrews. For example, one of the tools I've a 2112 use is an allen head bit (correct size for the hole in the screw head) welded to a small spring, which is then welded to a small piece of metal that's used as the tool's handle (typically the handle was made from an old or broken allen key). The spring would allow the handle to be bent out of the way, while still allowing the allen bit to engage the underscrew and rotate when the handle is turned. I hope that description makes sense, I really don't know how else to describe how this makeshift tool works If you don't have a custom tool like this, then the short end of an allen key is the next best thing to use to tighten those underscrews.

Most of this information (or possibly all of it) can be found over on my M40A1 thread that's tacked to the top of the Vintage Section:

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/need-help-deciding-m40a1-build-configurations.7153492/

As old school vintage M40A1 as one can get without dropping the “A1”, methinks.

View attachment 8163129View attachment 8163130View attachment 8163131View attachment 8163133

Are you going to keep the repro Unertl mount on that rifle, or do you plan on swapping it out for a welded Redfield mount? This is the perfect opportunity for you to make a Redfield 700SA welded mount and display it on your transitional M40A1! If you plan on eventually mounting a Redfield set, shoot me a call/text and I can help you with the entire process.

Last edited:
It took so long to find a suitable A4 clone candidate. Just about every one that came up either went for stupid money or was a gamble on a sketchy seller.

Assuming that the hole pattern is correct (which it either is or I'll be modifying a Leupold base to work), all I should have to do is locate a suitable base and settle on a scope. The stock needs a little more inletting around the cutoff and I might take a little more material out around the tang. Otherwise, everything seems ready to go.

I haven't pulled the Numrich kit out yet to check for fitment of the bolt, but I do have a modified M1922 bolt that hopefully will fit the current notch without anymore woodwork in that area.

View attachment 8169901
Redfield Junior is the base you need. ...I was told.

Here's another picture of my collection I like. The S stock Unertl is actually the same as the top rifle above, and the story of the S stock is a long bizarre story. It's no longer in the S stock. But, here's snapshot of some of my favorite 03s

View attachment 8171605

i have a "clone" that someone had done years ago to shoot comps with. its got an Alaskan scope on it, but i think i would love it more if i could find a C stock for it instead of the scant stock. ive been looking for 10 years. id like an original with Cartouches instead of a NOS or replacement.