• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Viper PST BACK-BACK Ordered

gorhamlit

wish I was one of the kool kids...
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2009
N.W. Georgia
FYI

First let me say I am not knocking this company. I'm just going to wait until some time passes before I try this again.

My April ordered-June scheduled PST did not make it. Vtex received only a few PST's, and not all were ready to go out. Vtex says 3 months to next shipment-at best. M-way says 6 months. I said, cancel my order. I can't wait that long. Just a heads up. Do whats right for you. I know I'll need a another scope for another rifle later. Maybe things will be a little smoother. I need glass sooner than that.

Re: Viper PST BACK-BACK Ordered

So they're saying 3 to 6 months before the next shipment comes out? Seriously???

Holy Crap! I hope that is not true.

Wow! now I feel a bit guilty
blush.gif
Mine is serial# xx00000004, It seems like there wasn't many to go around.

Yeah me too! I've got a Remington XCR long range tactical enroute that I can't have unscoped that long! If this is true, as bad as I hate to, I may have to go a different route!

I say BS. Sam or Scott from Vortex would be the only voice that I would trust, but believe what ever you want.
Unless there is some real issues here that have not been disclosed to the public, this sounds like someone trying to dissuade others for some reason only he knows. Really suspicious about the validity of this for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McKinneyMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I say BS. Sam or Scott from Vortex would be the only voice that I would trust, but believe what ever you want.
Unless there is some real issues here that have not been disclosed to the public, this sounds like someone trying to dissuade others for some reason only he knows. Really suspicious about the validity of this for sure. </div></div>

This.

I too am curious where the Vortex info came from.

As for Midway, they always push the "back-ordered until" dates way out there so that every goof ball out there isn't calling and yelling at them for missing a date by a few days. You also don't know that maybe Midway already has enough back-orders that there entire next shipment is spoken for.

Anyway, I don't believe anything I read on the internet, even the stuff I type!!

I would like for Sam or Scott to chime in on this one and give us some kind of idea if they could.

Yeah I know, that's why I said I'd like for them to! LOL

Yeah...the MidwayUSA date is just PURE crap. Who knows where they get those dates, but they make ZERO sense most of the time. I have had stuff at Midway on notify status with an ETA of MONTHS away and have it miracle itself into existence in no time at all. I have also had the reverse happen...there's no rhyme or reason to it so I wouldn't exactly rely on it for any useful information.

As for this whole issue goes, as they have done in the past, I will await word from Sam or Scott (or Scott from LO or Mike at CST) before passing judgment.

August might be the next delivery date but will they ship enough to cover the current backorders plus new backorders since it seems their first delivery didn't cover the pre-orders. Add to that additional orders if the reviews turn out mostly positive and it's very possible people ordering now could well wait past the August shipment, much less those hoping they end up in stock at dealers and aren't spoken for if they wait till August.

As others have said Midway's dates are never trustworthy I've seen them be way too optimistic (ala the Pmag 308 mags) and the other way around as well.

Demand is hard to judge, but if it is as good as most of the first reviews seem to suggest, it might very well be tough to get one for a while, if anyone is expecting them to be "in stock" at any of their major dealers. I fully expect that demand will outstrip supply for a good while yet. Just my opinion.

It might be best to at least get your name in the hat so to speak if there is serious interest. I just sold a pistol tonight that will cover my order for one
smile.gif
I just do not see anything else available that can give me a scope, glass and reticle of this quality, less than NF, which right now is past my pocket book. Add in their obvious outstanding CS and it makes it even tougher to not appreciate the whole package.

May not work for everyone, but with two kids in college, this looks like a super opportunity to me, given all factors.

Doug or Mike or anyone really, does that include the SFP models? Or just the second wave of FFP models?

Mike
San Angelo

My bet is it will be late August. Glad I cxl'd. By the time I have cash laying around again these Scopes will likely have been in stock and beta tested by other paying guinea pigs. That works better for me.

When I inquired on the PST's at OP they claimed to have them in. Amazon search also claimed to be able to get them. Depends on power etc as to who had what. I just picked up an HS Precision take down in 338 Lapua and another in 300 Win mag and after looking at every thing out there, Ill probably go PST on both of them. I also have the 6.5 Aries being built on 700 platform and Im looking for scope for that as well.

I have shot everything out there from Leupold, NF, Burris and any thing else a guy could think of. For what most guys are doing with their civilian rifles any of them will do a good job. Their is still a lot to be said for shooters ability!

I'm waiting on the 2.5-10. Liberty said they didn't get any of those. They see the light of day yet anywhere else?

Not from what I've seen/heard. It looks like the only models sent out were FFP models.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thmpr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">saving more pennies for another NF. </div></div>

If you can afford a NF why even look at the PST? It's not in the same category. PST is for the people looking at Bushnells, used Leupies, SSnipers, Nikons, Burris.

I was about to buy a PST until I heard the negative reviews. Better to pony up another $600.00 than sepnd $900.00 and be pissed about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thmpr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was about to buy a PST until I heard the negative reviews. Better to pony up another $600.00 than sepnd $900.00 and be pissed about it. </div></div>

Like I said, if you can afford to grab a NF do so. People shouldn't be looking at the PST as a NF competitor. More like a bushnell, burris or leupold competitor.

My 2 cents (worth about that too...)

I think I'm like some of the other PST buyers.

I own a NF F1 and a few luppys (2 MK4s). I have a PST 2.5x10 (for the ARs) and a 4x16 FF on order (for my new 260 build). The PSTs have alot of what I'm looking for feature wise. If I get the PSTs and don't like them, I'll sell em off (at a loss I know) and get another NF. My expectations are that they compete with Leupold and if they are near the quality of my MK4, then I'll be happy because of the more favorable features.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McKinneyMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I say BS. Sam or Scott from Vortex would be the only voice that I would trust, but believe what ever you want.
Unless there is some real issues here that have not been disclosed to the public, this sounds like someone trying to dissuade others for some reason only he knows. Really suspicious about the validity of this for sure. </div></div>

Really suspicious? My guess would be that you didn't have a PST on back order for two months- did you???

I apologise that I do not know Scott or Sam, nor have the connections like you appearently have. I am only a lonely pee-on that spoke with someone in C.S. when my PST did not arrive at Mway. (and BTW- I only called a couple of times to speak with Technical Services - Shaymas - who presented information about the product and the company through his enthusiasm that convienced me this was the way to go) And I felt bad for the CS guy, b/c when I asked "whats going on?" and the poor guy didn't know what to say. I told him what Mway said about a new delivery date of Dec 1st (as opposed to the June 30th- Mway's arrival) and he said it wouldn't be that long. I asked how long he thought it would be and he said it would be more like 3 months, not 6 as I promissed to not to hold him to a specific time. If you give me til Tuesday, I'll gladly check my notes as I am sure I jotted down the name of the gentleman in CS. He was very nice and understanding.

I really do not appreciate being accused of any misdealings as to discredit this company. Even though parts and labor are coming from over seas, I believe Vortex presents a real value for the money. Others have expressed that very thing here on this forum. That is one of the major reasons I was lead to them. I am sure that due to their situation and business structure, they can not control every aspect of the operation considering these are coming over from Japan. In the relative since, they are a young company. Since they are based in the USA, and the value they present, I wanted to give them a try. I will probably go with a crossfire for my 22 when I get to that upgrade. I understand those are plentiful and easy to find.

If you find my comment distasteful to that degree, please PM me, I'll be glad to give you my personal information and you can come to my door and accuse me of BS to my face------------------until then, make your own phone calls and do your own leg work before you accuse me of anything, because appearently you haven't lifted a finger to check.
I am not loaded with money, but I enjoy shooting. But I will be D@^^ND if I want to wait for 8 months on a scope when I want to upgrade for the up coming shooting matches I plan on attending.
Maybe if I photo copied my invoice from Mway, it might lend itself to a little credibility. But then I would probably be accused of fabricating that too...........

I do not appreciate it sir.KMA

They are not coming from Japan. They come from the Philippines. If they were coming from Japan they'd be here by now
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bodywerks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are not coming from Japan. They come from the Philippines. If they were coming from Japan they'd be here by now
smile.gif
</div></div>

Roger that!

I simply call them as I see them. Sorry if that ruffled your feathers. Just find the comments to be out of line with what the facts that I have been told are from reliable sources and backed up by suppliers. Vortex says that they will arrive sometime in August, you say they said 3 months more. Who would you believe if you are in the buying public? I am buying a scope though, so I guess you are wrong again.

I find it odd that I should PM you when you posted in an open forum and I replied to your comments. Just saying.......

from a few posts up:

"No, only 4-16's and 6-24's have been shipped so far"

He would be one of the few that would know.

mike

I only know what their C.S. told me. If what I was told wasn't factual, that's not my fault. Maybe the higher ups should have let CS in on the facts before I was told it would be 3 months.

If you wanted to share "better" information because it came from the TOP, that's all you had to do.
You didn't have to accuse me of anything because you don't know that was my motive. Thats my point, your acusation of my motives.

And if we're calling them as we see them, you're an a$$. I'm sorry if that ruffles your feathers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McKinneyMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I simply call them as I see them. Sorry if that ruffled your feathers. Just find the comments to be out of line with what the facts that I have been told are from reliable sources and backed up by suppliers. Vortex says that they will arrive sometime in August, you say they said 3 months more. Who would you believe if you are in the buying public? I am buying a scope though, so I guess you are wrong again.

I find it odd that I should PM you when you posted in an open forum and I replied to your comments. Just saying.......</div></div>

I'm actually chuckling that you think a 2 month backorder is a long time.....you weren't around for when the Premier scopes came out last year were you (paid in full orders for scopes 3 times the money backlogged for five times the time)?

Good luck if you ever get around to ordering anything custom in this sport.

Hey Doug, did you find out anything on the SFP models?

Thanks,
Mike

Well, I've had a 6-24 PST on order, full money down, since April. I'm 99% sure my dealer ordered directly through Vortex and Vortex told him that my scope would show up at the end of June. Well, no scope.

So, my dealer calls them today and Vortex tells him it could be 3 months. So I believe that the OP is telling the truth.

Anyway, I cancelled and got my money back and will go with a different scope for now. Maybe this time next year things will have changed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steelhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I've had a 6-24 PST on order, full money down, since April. I'm 99% sure my dealer ordered directly through Vortex and Vortex told him that my scope would show up at the end of June. Well, no scope.

So, my dealer calls them today and Vortex tells him it could be 3 months. So I believe that the OP is telling the truth.

Anyway, I cancelled and got my money back and will go with a different scope for now. Maybe this time next year things will have changed. </div></div>

Since you saved all your money since April until now, you got enough saved up and the vortex refund to buy a NIGHTFORCE ! hehehhe