• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Viper PST gen 1 6-24x50 ($550) vs Strike Eagle 5-25x56 ($700)

199 398 500 A

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2020
PST gen 1 closeout price of $550 vs Strike Eagle for $700. Where does the overall quality of Strike eagle fall compared to PST gens 1 and 2? The Gen 1 seems like a very good deal and I don't expect big sales on the newer Strike Eagle. Thoughts?

btw the strike eagle is a sweet scope for the money. the glass probably being it's main weakness but not all that bad for what you pay. but locking turrets, illum. reticle, throw lever included, sunshade, good reticle, 34mm tube, FFP.

it's a great entry level scope that will take awhile to grow out of

btw the strike eagle is a sweet scope for the money. the glass probably being it's main weakness. but locking turrets, illum. reticle, throw lever included, sunshade, good reticle, 34mm tube, FFP.

it's a great entry level scope that will take awhile to grow out of
Would you take it over a PST gen 1? assuming costs is similar

I haven't yet received my SE (next week I hope) but based on the feedback from others the SE will be far better than the Gen 1 PST.

The SE is reported to be 90% ish as good as the Gen 2 PST, I'd rate the Gen 1 PST as 60%.
The FOV, 10mil turrets and more forgiving eyebox would make me go the SE.

Unless weight, 34mm tube or made in China is an issue for you, go for the SE.

I think the Strike Eagle is trash. It's so close in price to so much better scopes that I don't have a purpose for it. Just a little more money buys such a better scope. I would absolutely take a PSTII over a SE, any day.

I’d take the vortex SE over an xtr-II. The xtr-II I had really lacked in the glass department so that’s a wash. The SE has a much better reticle.

I would take the XTRII over anything lower than a PSTII from Vortex. The Strike Eagle line does not have the reputation for reliability the XTRII line does. They will keep sending you new ones as long as you keep breaking them.

I would take the XTRII over anything lower than a PSTII from Vortex. The Strike Eagle line does not have the reputation for reliability the XTRII line does. They will keep sending you new ones as long as you keep breaking them.
Of course the SE doesn’t have a reliability reputation, it’s a brand new scope. And for twice the price, the XTR-II glass is terrible.

I believe Meopta has a scope coming that is a tick better for $850 range.

I appreciate feedback that spending another couple hundred will get me a better scope. The budget would be $700 for the Strike Eagle max. I was hoping for feedback on this direct comparison. Or at least suggestions for the same price.

Not sure who you're talking to.

Do you have feedback that compares SE to PST gen 1?

The PST 1 is a piece of junk compared to what you can get for 550, right now. The Nikon FX-1000, Weaver 3-15 EDMR, and Burris XTRII are three scopes I know are on sale right now that are better. I would toss the PST1 out. Here is a great deal on an LRTS.

Reactions: 199 398 500 A
I appreciate feedback that spending another couple hundred will get me a better scope. The budget would be $700 for the Strike Eagle max. I was hoping for feedback on this direct comparison. Or at least suggestions for the same price.

Call CStactical. I bet they’ll get you a good price on a Strike Eagle.