• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Viper PST's still on for mid June?

Re: Viper PST's still on for mid June?

Man I would love to fill the empty scope rings on my rifle. I have already paid for half of it. I don't think it will be out, it would be to good to be true.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Coker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I would love to fill the empty scope rings on my rifle. </div></div>

+1, I cant wait much longer! I need that scope!!
cry.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: libertyman777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not very good with calenders but isn't that this Tuesday?

Paul </div></div>

It is slated for mid to late June. Could be this Tuesday, could be a little later. Don't worry though, when they are out you will definitely hear about it.

Thanks,

Mike @ CST

Hopefully Vortex will be letting their vendors know something this week. Many people are looking forward to these coming out. Anybody know if there is an idea of which scopes (magnification wise) will be out first and Mil or MOA. Would love to have update info if its out there.

I talk my self out of buying a Leupold Mark 4 every week in anticipation that this scope is right around the corner. If it goes into july I am just going to half to get something else.

These PST have every feature that I want out of a optic so it is hard to spend more money for less optic.

You guys are still waiting? I got mine last Thursday. This thing is the shit!!!

Sheww!! Mine is paid for! I'm having to use a TRS-1 while I'm waiting on it!!! What a shame!!

LOL! Same here. Actually bought one to tide me over while I wait. Thinking about using it for the trade up program swfa is offering.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sheww!! Mine is paid for! I'm having to use a TRS-1 while I'm waiting on it!!! What a shame!! </div></div>

When it arrives, my 6-24 Viper PST will also be replacing a TRS-1. I'm actually very happy with the Millett, for what I paid. I like it better than the SS 20x42 on my LR-308, so I'll switch the Millett to the DPMS and sell the SS.
Then again, if the PSTs are as good as they are supposed to be, I'll probably end up selling the TRS -1 and the SS 20x42 and buying another PST!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm always a pessimist, because optimists are often unprepared or disappointed.

I'm expecting to receive mine some time in July.

</div></div>

In for the long hall...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it turns out to be July I'm going with a Acog, period. </div></div>

Yeah, come July I'm going to need a fixed power scope with much less magnification instead. Its a lunar phase thing. So Vortex better get their shit together or everybody's needs will suddenly change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1812</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it turns out to be July I'm going with a Acog, period. </div></div>

Yeah, come July I'm going to need a fixed power scope with much less magnification instead. Its a lunar phase thing. So Vortex better get their shit together or everybody's needs will suddenly change. </div></div>

Scott convienced me to stay with it...

My Vortex dealer told me that his PST order shipped today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tdow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Vortex dealer told me that his PST order shipped today. </div></div>

Squeal.

I neeeddd it.

Or atleast am moderately excited for one, as well as I'm really hoping to have it mounted and zeroed before the end of june!

Can ANYONE tell how these are built?

Are they going to be well made scopes that will take some abuse???
and be acurate for the long range shooting...?

Thanks
Matt.

There are plenty of other threads out there discussing them, as well as a review. Use the search option.
But the fact is that not too many people have had their hands on one or field tested them. All we have to go on is what Vortex is advertising these scopes as to their capabilities. Vortex has earned a pretty good reputation, it seems, so it stands to reason to expect these Scopes to be everything Vortex says they will be. But don't expect them to be as durable as the razor, for example, nor the glass quite as clear. However, for what you will get, it seems there will be more value in the viper vs. the razor...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm128</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can ANYONE tell how these are built?

Are they going to be well made scopes that will take some abuse???
and be acurate for the long range shooting...?

Thanks
Matt.
</div></div>

As said above, no one really knows yet. However, I'm sure they'll meet everyone's expectations, and if they don't Vortex will make it right! Speaking from experience, their customer service is second to none!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tdow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Vortex dealer told me that his PST order shipped today. </div></div>

I sure would love to hear this is fact! Any dealers able to confirm this??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tdow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Vortex dealer told me that his PST order shipped today. </div></div>

I sure would love to hear this is fact! Any dealers able to confirm this?? </div></div>

I wss just making stuff up for fun.

Or you could check http://www.palouseoperationalsupply.com/

Happy hunting!

Seems like the Vortex guys are usually pretty quick to respond to threads around here. Their silence to this point in this particular thread makes me wonder if they don't have anything good to say...

For the record I'm in the "I'd rather have it be right than quick" crowd, BUT, updates are always cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJBello</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the record I'm in the "I'd rather have it be right than quick" crowd, BUT, updates are always cool. </div></div>

I am in the same boat. There are a ton of people waiting on this scope and its not good to keep them waiting. Maybe vortex should take a hint from apple and not announce a product unless they can ship it in a few weeks. (iphone4)
No news just seems like bad news.

Updates are good, but I think Vortex has a responsibility to it's dealers to let them know when the product will be available before making it public. Imagine the clusterf*** it would be if the customers knew before the dealers? The dealers would get flooded with calls and have no idea what to tell people.
I'm sure as soon as somebody knows something, we will know. Vortex has way too much time and money tied up in these scopes to "forget" to tell the customers when they are available.
It would be nice to have an "official PST thread", where any updates could be found, without having to keep calling the dealers/Vortex asking "are they there yet?"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tdow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tdow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Vortex dealer told me that his PST order shipped today. </div></div>

I sure would love to hear this is fact! Any dealers able to confirm this?? </div></div>

I wss just making stuff up for fun.

Or you could check http://www.palouseoperationalsupply.com/

Happy hunting! </div></div>

Not insinuating that you are making stuff up, more along the lines your dealer might be. Not even that really, I was more or less hoping for confirmation from other reputable dealers. Not knocking your dealer but I have never heard of them before and frankly their website leaves alot to be desired. It doesn't tell me anything in regards to the Viper PST's other then that they will be selling them. The link for the PST only takes me to Vortex's own site. Nothing at all about release date etc.

Again, I wasn't looking to offend anyone, just hoping one of the site sponsering vendor's might have heard something along the same lines to confirm this.

Thank you for the update Scott.

I'm excited to get my new scopes as well, but like others said "I'd rather have it be right than quick".
smile.gif

I think I MAY have to get in on one of these....

I am looking at the higher powered Mildot version...

Guess its time to give SWFA a call...

Can we order direct? Does ACTIVE/LEO get any type of discount??

What is the MAIN differences between the VIPER PST and the regular VIPER...?

I can tell that one is illuminated...but are there any optical differences or construction differences?

Matt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sheww!! Mine is paid for! I'm having to use a TRS-1 while I'm waiting on it!!! What a shame!! </div></div>

When it arrives, my 6-24 Viper PST will also be replacing a TRS-1. I'm actually very happy with the Millett, for what I paid. I like it better than the SS 20x42 on my LR-308, so I'll switch the Millett to the DPMS and sell the SS.
Then again, if the PSTs are as good as they are supposed to be, I'll probably end up selling the TRS -1 and the SS 20x42 and buying another PST! </div></div>

We'd be glad to take them on trade. When you are ready fill out the appraisal form here.

http://www.samplelist.com/TradeInForm.aspx

If you don't want to trade you can just order you PST here.

http://swfa.com/Vortex-Viper-PST-Rifle-Scopes-C2860.aspx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sheww!! Mine is paid for! I'm having to use a TRS-1 while I'm waiting on it!!! What a shame!! </div></div>

Then again, if the PSTs are as good as they are supposed to be, I'll probably end up selling the TRS -1 and the SS 20x42 and buying another PST! </div></div>

We'd be glad to take them on trade. When you are ready fill out the appraisal form here.

http://www.samplelist.com/TradeInForm.aspx

If you don't want to trade you can just order you PST here.

http://swfa.com/Vortex-Viper-PST-Rifle-Scopes-C2860.aspx </div></div>

SWFA just got my business on this one.

Also, the legions of people swearing by them help too.
wink.gif

Does anybody know if the June release date includes all models in the Viper PST line?

I heard a rumor that only some models are planned for June.

I'm waiting on the 6-24x50 FFP .1 MIL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adician</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if the 4-16 or the 6-24 will have problems zeroing at 100 yards with a 30 minute base?

Thanks!</div></div>

6-24 only has 65 moa of elevation, 30moa "might" work but may not depending on the rifle.

4-16 has 75moa and chances are good that it would work for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adician</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if the 4-16 or the 6-24 will have problems zeroing at 100 yards with a 30 minute base?

Thanks!</div></div>

6-24 only has 65 moa of elevation, 30moa "might" work but may not depending on the rifle.

4-16 has 75moa and chances are good that it would work for you. </div></div>

Thanks bud. I'm trying to decide if the 10MOA or the 30 MOA Larue mount would work best for an AR-10 application.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6-24 only has 65 moa of elevation, 30moa "might" work but may not depending on the rifle.
</div></div>

Yeah, that's one of the biggest shortcomings. My Bushnell Elite with 100 MOA of adjustment barely gets me to 1,000 meters. I'm afraid that the PST won't get there at all. I have a 20 MOA base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6-24 only has 65 moa of elevation, 30moa "might" work but may not depending on the rifle.
</div></div>

Yeah, that's one of the biggest shortcomings. My Bushnell Elite with 100 MOA of adjustment barely gets me to 1,000 meters. I'm afraid that the PST won't get there at all. I have a 20 MOA base. </div></div>

What caliber is that? This is not assuring...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6-24 only has 65 moa of elevation, 30moa "might" work but may not depending on the rifle.
</div></div>

Yeah, that's one of the biggest shortcomings. My Bushnell Elite with 100 MOA of adjustment barely gets me to 1,000 meters. I'm afraid that the PST won't get there at all. I have a 20 MOA base. </div></div>

I was slightly bummed out to hear that it didn't have more than 65MOA as well, but on the other hand, there aren't any 1000 yard ranges near by that I know of, and I don't mind holding over that much anyway when I do have an opportunity to shoot at the 1000 yard ranges.

It's not my AR10, but I'd go 4-16 on that rifle anyway. You should be able to get to 1k without issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not my AR10, but I'd go 4-16 on that rifle anyway. You should be able to get to 1k without issue. </div></div>

I was reallllyy thinking about doing this. On the other hand, I've yet to regret having more magnification.

Past Quote

I would say it’s well worth the wait; the Viper PST has about everything that my Razor HD has in a slightly different package, probably the best bang for the buck.

I was able to see the Viper PST in action a while back at a 600 & 880 yard event and it was drawing a lot of attention

Recently

This last weekend I was able to see one of the Viper PSTs mounted on a gun for display purposes at a event and folks were able to compare the Viper PST to my Razor side by side, I stated this before and I will repeat this comment again - the PST is a big bang for the buck to say it has almost everything that my Razor HD has but just in a little different package. We can’t assume the quality and performance is going to match but it is close, one heck of a deal when comparing the price between the 2 scopes. I plan on getting a PST for my son’s rifle when he’s ready to start shooting again and I can imagine that the line is very long by now with the high demand that is shown on this scope but it’s worth the wait.

I don’t work for Vortex, but I depend on their product and quality behind the Vortex name

Jeff

On a .308 with a 175smk at 2700fps, it takes about 35 moa from a 100yd zero to get to 1000 yards. So long as you have a 20moa base you're gtg with the 6-24- heck, even to 1300 using some holdover.

Bodywerks +1,

He is right..... MOST .308s will only take 35 to 37 MOA to get to 1K.

With a 20 MOA base.. you will have NO problems to 1K and a tad beyond.

Matt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Volatile</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6-24 only has 65 moa of elevation, 30moa "might" work but may not depending on the rifle.
</div></div>

I was slightly bummed out to hear that it didn't have more than 65MOA as well, but on the other hand, there aren't any 1000 yard ranges near by that I know of, and I don't mind holding over that much anyway when I do have an opportunity to shoot at the 1000 yard ranges. </div></div>With a 20-25 moa base the 6-24 will do everything and more than a 308 will do.

As Jason said already it would be hit or miss with a 30moa base depending on your rifle. In a perfect world it would work ,but.......

Scott

Not sure if it just took awhile to get my Visa information, but I completed payment on my scope last friday and the $$$ was taken out of my account today. I thought I remembered someone saying they'll take out the cash when they get/ship the scopes? Maybe? maybe not? Ordered mine from CS Tactical.

Mike

Sorry Big J, the transaction does not mean the scopes are in
smirk.gif
. We completed your transaction according to your request securing your spot in the 1st shipment.

Some haven't requested to complete their transaction yet and will be notified when the scopes come in BEFORE we complete the transaction.

For everyone with a PST order, trust me, you will know when they're in.

Thanks for your orders,

Mike @ CST