• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Voodoo Tactical

Re: Voodoo Tactical

i have a stock pack setup from voodoo, for 17.00 i couldnt beat it. adjustable cheek and has removable cartridge holders, kinda cool for 17.00

HPIM1908.jpg

Just got a 36" version yesterday ($40 sportsmanguide with coupon). Much better quality than I expected. The sling and it's attachments are cheap junk but the rest is nice. Worth the money imo.

I have a dumb question though, how are the backpack straps suppose to be threaded? The tops are obvious but the bottoms I have not idea. Do you just single knot it to the D-ring?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nmntz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a stock pack setup from voodoo, for 17.00 i couldnt beat it. adjustable cheek and has removable cartridge holders, kinda cool for 17.00

HPIM1908.jpg
</div></div>

interesting stock pack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eagle is top of the line and US Made. </div></div>

Since this post has re-appeared, sorry but not all Eagle products are made here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC_Tanker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC03058.jpg
</div></div>

I have this same exact drag bag, color and everything. I have only had it for about 3 weeks. I have used it in 2 competitions and in practice in that time. The D rings that hold the shoulder straps on has bent out and torn through the fabric and i cannot get it to stay in place. I would not recommend nor buy this product again.

I will be buying a custom one to my spec from Nick as soon as he gets back with me on that German Flectarn cordura.....
wink.gif
. You listening Nick?

I was looking at one of the Voodoo drag bags the other day. At about $180 they are a rip off here in the UK, but at the prices mentioned in the thread, I think they offer good value for money.

I doubt few people, even Police, NG, and Reservists need a heavy duty "real" drag bag, and the majority of folks on here are looking for a "tactical" case for suitable for more mundane situations.

My impression is that the Voodoo drag bag would be fine for that, and would probably hold up to light duty use as a proper dag bag..

I have a double rifle drag bag that i purchased from Voodoo... It has served me well so far... I have walked around with about 30 pounds worth of shit in my drag bag and it has held up thus far.

I have noticed that the zippers dont track 100% true, HOWEVER so far if i notice this i just run the zipper back over the missed link and then re-zip it again and its been fine. Does this happen often? NO

I really cant complain about this drag bag because it was alot cheaper than an eagle equivalent. Here in Australia, eagle drag bags cost $500 au +.

I would like to own an eagle drag bag, however my drag bag isnt at the top of my pile or priorities in life.

MuleHunter and USMC_Tanker: What model bag is that? I did a search for voodoo drag bag and only found their "ultimate" model which is more expensive and looks very different.

On the cheap end, I own a Conder. New, it was pretty amazing at $99. I backpack it on a motorcycle. After a year though, stitching is beginning to fray. It was a good intro bag, but it won't be too long before I start looking for quality.
Nik

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MuleHunter and USMC_Tanker: What model bag is that? I did a search for voodoo drag bag and only found their "ultimate" model which is more expensive and looks very different. </div></div>

lennyo,

Try here:

Voodoo Tactical Gun cases

Bob

The market needs bags like these its just that simple.

If eagle drag bags are the only thing on the market lots of people would just avoid having a drag bag alltogether due to the price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MuleHunter and USMC_Tanker: What model bag is that? I did a search for voodoo drag bag and only found their "ultimate" model which is more expensive and looks very different. </div></div>

lennyo,

Try here:

Voodoo Tactical Gun cases

Bob </div></div>

Thanks, I found it. at $180, that looks a little pricey, might as well go for the blackhawk pack mat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EZ Bake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a VooDoo 36" "Tactical Molle" bag that I got a long time ago when I got my first AR (and didn't know any better). Its cheap enough that I would classify it as "Airsoft" quality.

The plastic buckles will break if stepped on or strained hard at all. The stitching is not made to hold a lot of weight and the connection points are not solid enough for me to trust it under any serious conditions.

The bag I have is called a "double-rifle bag", but when loaded with a single AR and several loaded mags, it is strained to the point that I wouldn't go any further (I've got some stitching coming loose in a couple of places).

My zipper lasted a couple of years before it started missing a tooth halfway up the side of it. This bag now serves as my Son's bag to throw the rifle in on the way to the range and that is it. I would not travel anywhere with it, and I would not try and haul my gun in it through any terrain what so ever.

Keep in mind that I spent $35 on this bag several years ago - that's what they cost back then and its what they're worth today. If you look hard enough, you can find a higher quality bag (look at the Black Hawk, 5.11, or Tactical Tailor bags - all are almost as cheap as the VooDoo's I've seen since the Election scare).

I got a 5.11 on sale at LA Police Gear for less than Cheaper Than Dirt wanted for the VooDoo. Side by side, there's no comparison, the 5.11 is easily twice the bag.

The main reason I wouldn't buy one is not the quality (though that would keep me from getting another one by itself), but the fact that Cheaper Than Dirt OEMs these bags and for a while was the only place you could get them - CTD hiked prices during the Election scare to an absurd level - so did everyone else selling "tactical" bags. The name-brand bags stayed at the same price, but these cheap Chinese-made clones went sky high.

If you spent more than $39-$49 for this bag, you need to hit up some of the site sponsors here - there are plenty of bags right around $100 that are much better (and many are made in the USA). </div></div>

I have looked at and thought about buying a Voodoo drag bag, but ended up getting a Tac Force Stryker 52" bag for about $125
This is truly a great bag for the "price concious" shooter.
I also have 2 5.11 Tactical rifle cases: a 36" double rifle case that carries my AR and my Mossberg, and a 42" that is a perfect fit for my 24" LR-308. I am completly satisfied with all 3 of these bags and would highly recommend them to anyone who does not require the "best".

As part of a state agency part-time SWAT Team, we train two days a month, one full week for annual training, and we average 10-20 call-outs per year. I own several Condor items, which appear to be exactly the same as the Voodoo, including their new quick release plate carrier, drag bag, 36" MOLLE case for my AR, and several pouches. As far as quality, I have had zero issues. All has held up extremely well. I have had things that did work as well in a tactical world as I had hoped (that single sling bag...doesn't work well), but no quality issues to date.

Our agency provides a weapon, ammo, an outdated entry vest, and a few gadgets, but almost all other equipment is left up to you to buy. I have pretty much equipped myself for what I would have paid for one Eagle drag bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was looking at one of the Voodoo drag bags the other day. At about $180 they are a rip off here in the UK, but at the prices mentioned in the thread, I think they offer good value for money.

I doubt few people, even Police, NG, and Reservists need a heavy duty "real" drag bag, and the majority of folks on here are looking for a "tactical" case for suitable for more mundane situations.

My impression is that the Voodoo drag bag would be fine for that, and would probably hold up to light duty use as a proper dag bag.. </div></div>

Pete,

I bought one recently from NWCustomparts. If you phone the company just tell Wayne Engin says hello. IIRC i spent alot less than £180.

If you get down to Bisley at any stage you let me know and I will "drag (;-)) the bag out for you to have a look at.

I bought a "ballistic carrier vest" from Voo Doo and it has worked out well for me. My Point Blank panels fit very well. The molle system was good and it was 1/4 of what a really good vest would have cost. It also has pockets for trauma panels as well.

If I were going to be wearing this every day, I would have bought a really good one, but this will probably ride around in my car being used three times a year for three hours each time.

When I was in Iraq and wanted a very reliable system, it was all Blackhawk.

It is not bad for my purposes. Is Blackhawk/Eagle better, absolutely!

I bought a 36" and a 42" for about $119. The Condor POS bags that CTD sells are good for BB guns and .22 storage. My zippers all broke and the ammo bags broke through the molle attachements when loaded with a couple of boxes of ammo.

The VooDoo bags are built better. Better stitching. Better zippers. Better quality all around. For the money, you can't beat 'em. If you're carrying your rifles to/from the range or storing your AR in your trunk, these bags will last forever.

When I thought about getting a drag bag, somebody asked "How much dragging are you going to be doing?" The one or two stalk hunts didn't justify the purchase IMO. Instead I bought two bags for less than what I would have spent on one drag bag.

I didn't see the OP say anything about the type of bag, just inquired about the brand. In my opinion and from what I've used, VooDoo is good to go for the $$. If I had more cash, I'm sure I'd get something else. But if you're looking at an Altima, you probably can't justify the the Lexus payments.

I have had Voodoo equipment given to me as gifts and left to me in a Will. Some of this stuff went with me to the Range, Training, Iraq, and to Afghanistan. It all worked/works out surprisingly well. I guess the price would automatically make me think "Cheap" or "You get what you pay for." Well it isn't. Now I have bought a few more items with confidence it won't fail. Is it Blackhawk, Tactical Tailor, or Eagle? No. But I also wouldn't recommend using a base item like a vest, plate carrier, or leg rig. All ammo and ancillary pouches get faded, dirty, wet, torn, dragged, thrown, etc, etc... They'll all fail depending on their level of use. If it is brand name, fancy, and expensive, it won't get thrown around or placed where it'll get daily wear and tear. With Voodoo I can toss it off a Bradley or MRAP or wear it during IMT training. I just get a scrub brush and a bucket of water after it and leave it in the sun to dry with no worries.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC_Tanker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got one, and like others are saying, it's not the best, but it gets the job done. For my needs, I could not justify spending the additional money for a gucci brand. To each his own, your mileage may vary.

I have one for my M700 and one of their padded weapons cases for my ARs. Never had a problem, never had a complaint, and I dig them. Mine just hold my guns and gear, and that's all I expect from them...I won't be stalking any insurgents any time soon.

DSC03058.jpg

I have the same one I think it will hold up just fine for my range excursions!

DSC03057.jpg

DSC03059.jpg

DSC03060.jpg

DSC03061.jpg

DSC03062.jpg

DSC03063.jpg
</div></div>

+1 on the voodoo. I have a double that I carry two ARs to the range, one for me, and one for my kid. I havent used it for any of my nicer bolt guns, but love it for throwing the ARs and their ammo in the back of the truck with no worries!
It is well made, tough zippers, and no problems with the straps tearing loose even when I "overload" it! Great deal for the money!

I have used one for range use for over a year. It has worked OK but it does have deficiencies. One, the plastic buckles suck. They take very little load before "popping" apart. Two, the buttons stick together so tightly that when trying to unsnap them, they bend. Luckily there are few buttons and they are "backed up" by velcro. There is no excuse to have shitty buckles. Hell, the generic ones from REI are tons better. The bag itself is laid out nicely and has tons of room. I have not had zipper issues. For play it works fine. If you are a pro look elsewhere.

I just can't seem to find this thing. For $17 too. Can anybody point me too it? I know you mentioned it was from voodoo. But still no luck. The only thing I can find is for a semi auto rifle and holds one clip.

Maybe they dont make it anymore?

I cant find any on ebay, and ebay has a lot of voodoo stuff... i mean A LOT !