• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex 6-24X50 PST Initial Impressions

Re: Vortex 6-24X50 PST Initial Impressions

what a great review. using firefox browser and pic look good enough to make my visa card twitch. THANKS

Very nice review sir. Pics are great. I have a question for you... I have heard quite a few times now hat the glass on the 6-24 appears to be superior than the rest of the PST line... What is your take on on how much better it seems to you and what would you compare it to? If there is another brand or two that might say would be equal or better than? Looks crystal in the photos and i know they usually have a hard time doing glass justice.
Thanks and congrats on your new purchase. Look forward to hearing a follow up on how well its been treating you.
-Bob

Edit: just realized that you've had this scope for a while now... Was high up in the optics section... Didn't see 201(1).. Well, guess you have had plenty of time to put it through its paces. Curious how its been over the past year

The more and more I read these reviews it makes it harder for my to not pull the trigger on one.

I've got to use one a little as a friend of mine has a ffp 6-24 on his savage fcp 10. I like it much better than my zeiss sfp for target shooting. The glass isn't quite as clear as zeiss conquest but is plenty nice.

I just ordered one of these in MOA 6-24 based on all the reviews I have read. Does anyone know what sized BC caps this scope takes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I finally got my 6-24!
Overall, this is one heck of a scope for the money.
</div></div>

Thanks for putting out another great review! Makes me want to buy one to swap out yet another VX3
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GhostFace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered one of these in MOA 6-24 based on all the reviews I have read. Does anyone know what sized BC caps this scope takes?</div></div>

Eye - 14 Obj - 43

very excited to finally get my 6-24x50ffp. I had it on backorder from midway for a month now until they updated the expected in stock date to october. I order from cameraland yesterday and Im hoping all goes well! I do have a egw HD 20moa base on the way from midway and Im thinking Ill have to send them back the "low" burris Xtreme rings I got to be replaced with mediums. After a month of researching prior I could get anyone to give me a definitive answer on whether or not lows would work so I said screw it and ordered them. Im hoping midways return policy will save me!

I will finally get the chance to run mine this weekend. I have been checking it out and it is pretty awesome. For the price I don't hink there is a better scope out!! I will give more info after shooting it..

Good Luck!!!

Great review, I was just lucky enough to pick up a 6-24 locally in CO. I'm taking it to the range on Monday!!

Deep East
I'm using Seekins low 30's with 4x16x50 Vortex PST on a Stiller action without issue. I've got a 6-24x50 due Monday and shouldn't be any problem as objectives are both identical.

This looks like a great a scope and bargain at the current price. But for some reason I just can't seem to like the illuminated knob near the eye piece. Scopes that have them embedded into the focus knob is much sleeker. Less clutter the better, but that's just me.

Just got an email from EGW last night saying I would need medium rings. I just got my base today and was able to put her all together and guess what! IT WORKS! Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP mrad, burris xtr LOW rings, and an egw HD 20 moa base. Scope has just enough clearance so the factory bikini cover has ~1/16" space.

Still I could use a bit higher comb with my B&C medalist tactical stock! This is a bit surprising with the high comb of the stock and the low mount setup, but It seems I will need to get a stock pack or something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Edit: just realized that you've had this scope for a while now... Was high up in the optics section... Didn't see 201(1).. Well, guess you have had plenty of time to put it through its paces. Curious how its been over the past year </div></div>
Thanks guys, nice to see this one back at the top. I still have the scope and use it a fair amount. In a new mount of course.
wink.gif

PICT0175.JPG

PICT0162.JPG

I still like it very much. Nothing over the last year has caused me to change my opinion on it so it has done well. As for the glass comparison, as mentioned I did compare it to two 4-16 PST’s and it was dramatically better than both, but that was a long time ago. I haven’t seen a recent production 4-16 and some have been happy with the glass on them so my original comparison may not be all that valid anymore.

I can say the glass on this particular 6-24 is good enough not to be embarrassed when put next to high end scopes. For the money it’s quite good and when you consider all the other features the scope comes with it still makes for an excellent value.

What kind of mount is that? Does it have any MOA built into it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I still like it very much. Nothing over the last year has caused me to change my opinion on it so it has done well. As for the glass comparison, as mentioned I did compare it to two 4-16 PST’s and it was dramatically better than both, but that was a long time ago. I haven’t seen a recent production 4-16 and some have been happy with the glass on them so my original comparison may not be all that valid anymore.

I can say the glass on this particular 6-24 is good enough not to be embarrassed when put next to high end scopes. For the money it’s quite good and when you consider all the other features the scope comes with it still makes for an excellent value.

</div></div>

I think you will find that current production 4-16x50 have better image quality than the ones you have looked at.

ILya

I have a Vortex PST Viper 6-24x50 FFP MOA
and put it on my 1st ever bolt rifle. A Savage FCP SR 308.
So, I've never really shot a bolt rifle in my life till here recently
and I'm 40. I've shot pistol a little but thats about it.
Alls I can say is we were shooting a 12"x12"plate steel target @340yds
away and I rang it 9 out of 10 times. I know this is childs play for the
vast majority of y'all, but 340yd is a long ways off for me lol.
However, the scope made it easy. Real easy in fact.
I love it.

Btw, seems like they are built really well.
A friend of mine that kniws a lot more than I thought it eas anyways.