• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex AMG???? Thoughts reviews??

In order to use the full elevation available in the erector, I'd need a 40 MOA rail.

Pretty much any scope in the 25+ mil adjustment range needs a 40 MOA rail to get full travel.

Who's got one? What are your reviews? Is it as good or better then the gen 2 razor?

I do not have one but would not mind trying one; is the EBR-7B floating dot a bit thinner than the crosshairs on the EBR-7? If someone has both, it would be good to know.
I do have the RZ Gen 2/EBR-2C reticle and think it is a great scope with a great reticle.

No the 7 and 7B are the same .03 mil thickness as the 2C you have now.

I love mine. Only complaint is center cross hair is a little thick would much rather a center dot.

Attachments

• photo74186.jpg
    photo74186.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Boogieman84
When is the new reticle supposed to be available? Is it going to be just a different reticle option or is it replacing the the original EBR-7? I am very interested in getting one of these with the center dot...

Looks like it's replacing it (by the Vortex website). Sounds like a reticle swap on an older scope might be possible in the future, but for now, Vortex is putting them all in newly built scopes - AMG demand is still high, sounds like.

Looks like it's replacing it (by the Vortex website). Sounds like a reticle swap on an older scope might be possible in the future, but for now, Vortex is putting them all in newly built scopes - AMG demand is still high, sounds like.

Mike at CS Tactical said he is getting some in next week or something like that. I am not quite sure why Vortex switched reticles, I like center dot reticles; however, not everybody does, I'm curious why Vortex isn't offering both as an option but no longer offers the crosshair version, maybe that will make mine worth double the price since the reticle was made in the USA as well ;)

I wish they would do an AMG 1-6. I like the specs on the Gen2 Razor 1-6, but at 10 oz heavier than my NXS 1-4 I just can't buy one.

I have one....put it on my 6.5 CM 20" Tikka CTR Stainless......all purpose for shooting steel, coyotes etc. I am pleased with almost every aspect of this optic. Turret locks are difficult to disengage and Zeroing or re-zeroing is is not as simple as my SB PM2 or my Bushnell HDMR or my NSX Nightforce. For me the glass clarity and resolution is better than my NF and Bushnell, but not as good as my SB. I think the price point is a little high, but overall if you want a lighter weight high quality optic for an all purpose type weapon......it will do the job. Frank did a quality vid on this optic.....I thought his review was spot on.

The turret locks loosen up a little over time. At first they are stiff but get easier with use.

The turret locks loosen up a little over time. At first they are stiff but get easier with use.
That was the only thing I didn't like on my AMGs when new but as you said with time and use they became less stiff.