• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex LHT 4.5-22x50

I may reach out to them. I had a XTRII years ago that looked better than this one does. I used it calling coyotes the other night and could hardly make out a deer at 800 yards.
I had the exact same thing... An XTR2 4-20 that looked better than the XTR3 3.3-18. I finally got fed up and sent it in. Burris said not repairable and replaced it.

I now have 3 FFP LHTs and really enjoy them. The actual FOV isn't great, but the apparent FIV is fantastic; thus making it really comfortable to get behind.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Do it. I'm probably gonna get a second one.
Well I did, but I had to send it to Vortex immediately because the illumination button broke immediately...... anywho, they are of course taking care of it and I hope to have it back this week possibly... Then I will get her mounted up.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: CSTactical
I had the exact same thing... An XTR2 4-20 that looked better than the XTR3 3.3-18. I finally got fed up and sent it in. Burris said not repairable and replaced it.

I now have 3 FFP LHTs and really enjoy them. The actual FOV isn't great, but the apparent FIV is fantastic; thus making it really comfortable to get behind.
Did the XTR3 they sent you look any better? I am having buyer's remorse. I need to reach out to them, get a new one, sell it, and buy the Vortex.

It's funny to see how much those XTR3's are recommended now because its the hot thing now for some reason, then a bunch of guys saying they suck lol. I've never been even remotely impressed with anything that says Burris on it, so I'm not surprised. I remember when FF2 3-9's were the thing for budget hunting optics and getting a couple and seeing the weird ass color tinting on the shitty glass and just thinking 'what a POS, who could think this is a good optic?'

It's funny to see how much those XTR3's are recommended now because its the hot thing now for some reason, then a bunch of guys saying they suck lol. I've never been even remotely impressed with anything that says Burris on it, so I'm not surprised. I remember when FF2 3-9's were the thing for budget hunting optics and getting a couple and seeing the weird ass color tinting on the shitty glass and just thinking 'what a POS, who could think this is a good optic?'
Its just the 3.3-18. The 5.5-30s are good.

I have a XTR3i 3-18 in hand that smokes my Vortex LHT HD 3-15x50 in every single category except weight.

The 3-18 is a very very good scope and the 5.5-30 is a phenomenal scope.

I have a XTR3i 3-18 in hand that smokes my Vortex LHT HD 3-15x50 in every single category except weight.

The 3-18 is a very very good scope and the 5.5-30 is a phenomenal scope.

That's great but there are multiple reports of the 3.3-18s that were less than satisfactory, unlike the 5.5-30.

That's great but there are multiple reports of the 3.3-18s that were less than satisfactory, unlike the 5.5-30.
Yep....the USA made ones anyway.
I had 3 of the 18x and only one had acceptable glass. I've got 3 of the 30x and they are phenomenal with consistent glass between all.

I sold all my 18x

Well…..now there’s at least one report of a 3-18 XTR3i that’s more than satisfactory👍🏼

Well…..now there’s at least one report of a 3-18 XTR3i that’s more than satisfactory👍🏼
I have the 3-18 XTR3 non illuminated USA made purchased from Camera Land. It’s been great so far, no issues. Liked it enough that I just ordered a second, this time the illuminated 3-18 From Liberty. Was teetering between the LHT or a second XTR3. Not for a hunting rig so XTR made more sense.

Comparing the 3-18 XTR to MK5 3-18 HD I say the glass is comparable. Color tone is a little different. MK5 cuts mirage a little better. MK5 is a little more forgiving on Parallax. Leupold wants you to sell a kidney for illumination.

XTR has a bigger eye box & field of view. It also ships with the tactical windage turret if you don’t want to run capped.

In Low light it’s hard to pick the winner even though XTR has a bigger objective I’d give the nod to the MK5 if I had to pick.
XTR is also $500+ less than the MK5. I think the XTR3 &3i are a great value.

Ive had one of these LHT4.5-22's sitting in the safe for at least 6 months or more, its an impressive scope for the money handheld, cant wait to actually put it on something and see how I like it.

Did the XTR3 they sent you look any better? I am having buyer's remorse. I need to reach out to them, get a new one, sell it, and buy the Vortex.
Burris replaced it with a Pro, which was a nice upgrade. It's a nice scope, but don't know if it's as good as many state.

I have a XTR3i 3.3-18 on order, because why not try again. I have an XTR2 1-8 that's pretty awesome and had good experiences with an XTR2 4-20.

The biggest issue I believe is QC. My first XTR III 3.3-18 was wretched optically, worse than my XTR II 4-20, I expected much better so I sent it back to Burris, they agreed and sent me a brand new scope, this one was considerably better and "worth it". Now these scopes are even cheaper, made in the Philippines now, but not that big of a deal - maybe the Filipino's will hold better QC than Greeley??? I have found QC to be an issue with a lot of $1k class optics, manufacturers just pumping out to meet demand I think and they know 75% of consumers won't know any better.

Reactions: CK1.0
The biggest issue I believe is QC. My first XTR III 3.3-18 was wretched optically, worse than my XTR II 4-20, I expected much better so I sent it back to Burris, they agreed and sent me a brand new scope, this one was considerably better and "worth it". Now these scopes are even cheaper, made in the Philippines now, but not that big of a deal - maybe the Filipino's will hold better QC than Greeley??? I have found QC to be an issue with a lot of $1k class optics, manufacturers just pumping out to meet demand I think and they know 75% of consumers won't know any better.
Reminds me of what I see with the 509T Holosuns, they need to be handpicked to get what you are looking for and those that do pass are about 1 in 5.

Reminds me of what I see with the 509T Holosuns, they need to be handpicked to get what you are looking for and those that do pass are about 1 in 5.
Ouch, that's not good but I somewhat expect that from China, not from USA assembled which the XTR III used to be. Good news is I don't really hear this chatter with the XTR Pro (also assembled in Greeley) so hopefully they've let the blind QC person go... hopefully it also means better QC for Steiner T6Xi (also assembled in Greeley).

I spoke with someone from Burris at the team safari about the xtr3’s. True or not but he told me they did some update to the optical design on the newer 3-18 to improve the resolution and quality. My 3-18 is good up until around the last 1/4 or so of the magnification range and then it just seems to loose clarity and resolution. He told me that was just a weakness in the design that was rectified in the newer Phillipines models.

I spoke with someone from Burris at the team safari about the xtr3’s. True or not but he told me they did some update to the optical design on the newer 3-18 to improve the resolution and quality. My 3-18 is good up until around the last 1/4 or so of the magnification range and then it just seems to loose clarity and resolution. He told me that was just a weakness in the design that was rectified in the newer Phillipines models.
My second copy was clear all the way to 18x, but good to know they are trying to address those issues with the Filipino version - improving optical design - almost always a good thing (y)

Reactions: 260284 and Baron85
Mine is a Philippine made illuminated model, so they must not be doing a very good job with QC. My Bushnell LRSTi and LRHS have better glass than this Burris.

Mine is a Philippine made illuminated model, so they must not be doing a very good job with QC. My Bushnell LRSTi and LRHS have better glass than this Burris.
Mine was better than my LRHSi 4.5-18 I had at the time, the only reason I got rid of it was due to the reticle (very thin) and no illumination... the G2H reticle is one of my favorites for low magnification use, the only one I like even better is the FML-TR1H reticle now offered in the March 3-24 scope.

You should inquire with Burris about warranty service, it took them about 2-3 weeks to turn around my XTR III 5.5-30 when I sent it in earlier this year, and it was just over a week turn around when I sent in my 3.3-18 a few years ago.

Mine was better than my LRHSi 4.5-18 I had at the time, the only reason I got rid of it was due to the reticle (very thin) and no illumination... the G2H reticle is one of my favorites for low magnification use, the only one I like even better is the FML-TR1H reticle now offered in the March 3-24 scope.

You should inquire with Burris about warranty service, it took them about 2-3 weeks to turn around my XTR III 5.5-30 when I sent it in earlier this year, and it was just over a week turn around when I sent in my 3.3-18 a few years ago.
I will do that. I will probably upgrade to a LHT 45-22 though. Looks like a better reticle for hunting. The GAP reticles are great for hunting. I currently have a Minox 3-15 with the MR5 reticle and I think it will be a great hunting scope. I put it on my 6.5 PRC.
090.JPG

Reactions: lou400a
I will do that. I will probably upgrade to a LHT 45-22 though. Looks like a better reticle for hunting. The GAP reticles are great for hunting. I currently have a Minox 3-15 with the MR5 reticle and I think it will be a great hunting scope. I put it on my 6.5 PRC.View attachment 8000968
The Minox ZP5 is an excellent scope for that use, I think you'll like it a lot. But I do have to ask, is that Yoga ball also one of your trophy's, I'd love to hear the story behind that :LOL:

Reactions: Bravo6
The Minox ZP5 is an excellent scope for that use, I think you'll like it a lot. But I do have to ask, is that Yoga ball also one of your trophy's, I'd love to hear the story behind that :LOL:
I have two of the 5-25 ZP5s, and they have been great. I could go lighter than the 3-15, but the weight is worth it.

That yoga ball is for my back stretches to keep this old man upright!! I was replacing the water service to my house yesterday and had an episode of muscle spasms while hand digging by the house. I had a mini-ex for the big stuff, but acording to my wife, I am too old to run a shovel!! Ended up hiring a local guy to finish it for me. The yoga ball will be getting a lot more use again. Had a laminectomy at L4-L5 in May of 19 and I am not wanting to have a fusion which will be my next surgery if I don't keep my core strong. Loosing 30+lbs in two months helped a lot, but my wife had to help me with my socks this morning!!

Reactions: lou400a
We need that TR1H reticle in a locking turret mid range magnification scope yesterday.

I have two of the 5-25 ZP5s, and they have been great. I could go lighter than the 3-15, but the weight is worth it.

That yoga ball is for my back stretches to keep this old man upright!! I was replacing the water service to my house yesterday and had an episode of muscle spasms while hand digging by the house. I had a mini-ex for the big stuff, but acording to my wife, I am too old to run a shovel!! Ended up hiring a local guy to finish it for me. The yoga ball will be getting a lot more use again. Had a laminectomy at L4-L5 in May of 19 and I am not wanting to have a fusion which will be my next surgery if I don't keep my core strong. Loosing 30+lbs in two months helped a lot, but my wife had to help me with my socks this morning!!
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon. Truly.

Man you could've made up an epic story about your wild woman ripping your sex swing out of the ceiling, and you're subbing in the yoga ball to get your Ron Jeremy on while a new gluelam is getting installed in the master suite...
Oh well you win some you lose some

Man you could've made up an epic story about your wild woman ripping your sex swing out of the ceiling, and you're subbing in the yoga ball to get your Ron Jeremy on while a new gluelam is getting installed in the master suite...
Oh well you win some you lose some
Maybe I can put the ball to use with my wife tonight!! She is pretty wild, some things do get better with age, even after 33 years of being married!

Maybe I can put the ball to use with my wife tonight!! She is pretty wild, some things do get better with age, even after 33 years of being married!
Easy there old man. Last time you threw your back out, you were stuck in a hole. You might throw your back out again, but be stuck in a different kind of hole.🤣🤣🤣

$1275 at Dicks right now for a mil version. I haven't seen one cheaper, but I haven't looked hard.