• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Vortex or Bushnell

Jwinkelson

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2013
New River, NC
So i just bought i a Vortex Razor 5 20 50 scope and paid 1800 brand new for it. It just showed up to my house so i have not shot it yet but i cant wait. I just found out i get a 60% discount on Bushnell products and i could have gotten the Bushnell Elite Tactical 6.5 24 50 for $847. I got a not in my gut when i saw the price. I would like some opinions just for peace of mind. Did i make the right decision or should i have saved the money. Honestly i bought the Vortex before i knew about the discount through Bushnell.

yes it is. It is through the website Promotive.com. You have to make an account then join a team. My team is the Marines but they have a team for each branch of the Military.

No kidding. I'll have to check and see if my account is still open. Haven't been on promotive in a while.

Not to make you feel worse, but Vortex does the same discount for mil

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I didn't know Bushnell was on there....going to have to check that out.

i bought my scope from vortex over the phone and i got approved for my military discount. They did not give me 60 percent the scope was 1800 with the discount

Do EMTs get the discount as well or is only mil/leo?

There are different teams you join based on your creds. Different teams have access to different companies for discounts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The 2 scopes you are comparing are not exactly comparable.
The Bushy ET6245 street price is under $1k and the Razor is almost $2k.
The Bushnell is a good scope for the money... I've owned a few ETs (DMR, XRS, ET6245FG) and still have a 6-24x50 (ET6245F) but the Razor is a better scope in every measure (except maybe the Bushy G2DMR reticle, my favorite). The Razor has better glass and a zero stop and can be optioned with a 10 mil/rev elevation turret.

The ET6245's equivalent in the Vortex product line is the Viper PST, which retails for roughly $1k as well.

Just this evening I saw a used Razor here on the Hide for under $1500. With Vortex's incredible unconditional warranty, a used scope is as good as new as far as I'm concerned.

Joe