• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor HD 4.5-27x56mm Gen II T&E Report

Just wanted to give a quick update.

After shooting the SureFire PRS match this past weekend with the Gen2 Razor...I do not miss my S&B. :) That is all.

I agree, it's a good solid scope. I received mine 1 week prior to the Surefire match and only had time to zero at 100. My dope and clicks were on all the way out to 1 mile where I was lucky enough to get 1 impact.

NorCal Vu and others using the EBR 2C mrad reticle. How is the open center for more precision shooting. I am not a fan of open center reticles but it has been mentioned that the reticle is thinner so its not as much as an issue. Being from Canada and usually a year behind you lucky bastards south of the border, I have not had the opportunity to see one in person. I am considering a EBR 1C because it does not have an open center but there does seem to be more 2c's and may get one of these quicker. Any input appreciated.

Guys,

Like you, I was not a fan of the open center at first. However the open center is only .06 of a mil, so its a lil more than half of a 10th at 100 yards. .1mil click = 1CM or .33" roughly @ 100yards. The open center translates to .165" of open area in the center. I have no problems shooting small dots at close range or engaging small plates out to distance with this reticle.

At the SureFire match we shot out to a mile with a lot of targets in the 600 to 900 yard range, no issues at all.

YMMV,

Vu

I shot the Surefire match with the scope as well. A lot of bouncing in pick up truck and hard cranking of the elevation turret - rock solid.

My first shot at a mile was a mil low and my wind hold was waaaay off. The reticle allowed me to adjust the next shot almost perfectly. i scared the hell out of that plate the next 4 shots.

Vu

Thanks for the review.

I'm considering this or the kahles 6-24i

i see you have covered this but could you provide me with more details to the image quality compared to the kahles.

At the moment i haven't handled a gen 2 but have had my hands on a gen 2 msr kahles and been thoroughly impressed with the optical quality and mechanicals.

I have handled the vortex gen 1 and am hoping it is a major step up in glass resolution and brightness.

Kahles scares me to purchase as who knows if/when they lose their US distributor again. Vortex seems to be the winner. I almost purchased the kahles K16 as I liked the reticle better than the Z6i & the savings in price but again it boiled down to the fear I have of the company long term here in the US.

Nice review thanks for posting the information, I purchased one this afternoon and I have a question, when I tried to adjust the elevation I discovered that it would only move to the 17.5 MRAD setting, the scope is supposed to have a total of 33 Mrad available, does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this problem? The elevation turret definitely stops at 17.5 and the small indicator comes out to show one full revolution. I phoned Vortex but they're closed for the day...thanks for the help.

Nice review thanks for posting the information, I purchased one this afternoon and I have a question, when I tried to adjust the elevation I discovered that it would only move to the 17.5 MRAD setting, the scope is supposed to have a total of 33 Mrad available, does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this problem? The elevation turret definitely stops at 17.5 and the small indicator comes out to show one full revolution. I phoned Vortex but they're closed for the day...thanks for the help.

There is elevation down below the zero stop as well. You don't have 33 Mils of up but 33 total. If you needed that much then you need a tapered base and when you zero the rifle you will adjust down below where your zero stop is now and have more elevation. With a 20 MOA base I have about 22 Mils of up elevation.

There is elevation down below the zero stop as well. You don't have 33 Mils of up but 33 total. If you needed that much then you need a tapered base and when you zero the rifle you will adjust down below where your zero stop is now and have more elevation. With a 20 MOA base I have about 22 Mils of up elevation.

Thank you for the explanation, that makes perfect sense.....