• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex razor HD gen3 1-10 FFP

Mine arrived and looks amazing for the price I paid. I am beyond impressed from initial observations. Glass is super clear and love the reticle. Dors not feel heavy at all for a 1-10. Now I am just waiting on a mount!

I am surprised this thread isnt more active! Ive heard nothing but amazing things about this scope and am close to picking one up. I have a gen2 and love it. Bummed by the large price increase on a number of their scopes here a few weeks ago.

I am surprised this thread isnt more active! Ive heard nothing but amazing things about this scope and am close to picking one up. I have a gen2 and love it. Bummed by the large price increase on a number of their scopes here a few weeks ago.
I don't think there's much more to say about it. It dominates its price range as an LPVO, and it has precious few weaknesses. Until we can all go hands-on with the Vudu 1-10x to see if the illumination holds up, it's hard to recommend anything else.

One word of caution. If you're expecting g2 eyebox you're going to be a bit disappointed. The g3 eyebox is good it's just not g2 good but nothing else I've tried is.

Reactions: JDB55
I don't think there's much more to say about it. It dominates its price range as an LPVO, and it has precious few weaknesses. Until we can all go hands-on with the Vudu 1-10x to see if the illumination holds up, it's hard to recommend anything else.
Vudu illumination will not be as bright as the Vortex but the reticle design is much more usable at low magnification without illumination at all. Two different designs and two different illumination technologies.

Vudu illumination will not be as bright as the Vortex but the reticle design is much more usable at low magnification without illumination at all. Two different designs and two different illumination technologies.
The rep at SHOT told me it was using diffractive illumination. Has someone disproven that?

It is not diffractive illumination.
Makes sense, especially with the price these will be coming in at. Still wish they would have went that route though. Does the size of the reticle at 1x and how much it would need to be illuminated(speaking of the donut) have an effect on the ability to use diffractive illumination? In price or difficulty? Or no? Curious.

Makes sense, especially with the price these will be coming in at. Still wish they would have went that route though. Does the size of the reticle at 1x and how much it would need to be illuminated(speaking of the donut) have an effect on the ability to use diffractive illumination? In price or difficulty? Or no? Curious.

There is a limit to how much of an area you can illuminate with a diffractive reticle. The large circle can not be illuminated that way.
I liked the reticle in the EOTech. I'll try to get my hands one one when available, but I expect it to be very usable.

ILya

Reactions: erwos and JDB55
There is a limit to how much of an area you can illuminate with a diffractive reticle. The large circle can not be illuminated that way.
I liked the reticle in the EOTech. I'll try to get my hands one one when available, but I expect it to be very usable.

ILya
Thanks, would love to hear your thoughts.