• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex strike eagle 5-25 ffp

BoulderE89

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2019
St. George, UT
Anyone see vortex released this? It looks like a long range and prs minded scope. 34mm tube with ebr7 in both moa and mils. Locking turrets and rev zero stop. Also comes with a throw lever! What do you guys think of this. Seems like some really good features for the money, I’m curious to see what street prices are....may Have to sell my Arken to give this a shot.

Last edited:
Man, it's really a buyers market right now. There is a lot of features for the dollar these days.

I wonder how it compares to a PST Gen 1. I have the 6-24 on my RPR right now. This is substantially cheaper than the PST Gen 2 in similar magnification, plus it is 34mm (if that's your thing).

Reactions: SDBguy95
Seems to be aimed squarely at something like Athlons Midas TAC Gen.2 with the addition of illumination.

This scope has my attention. The features/specs of this scope give it the potential to be a solid bang for the buck. Hopefully the roll out of this optic won't keep us waiting a long time to get them in hand.

glass and tracking.

the rest is nice but without that it's shit

cost has to be cut somewhere if it offers that much more than a PST gen2

Except that in the interim since the PST II has come out, there has been an improvement in the sourcing of such features - manufacturing and distribution costs have come down, the PST has been out a few years now, right? Not out of the realm of possibility this could be on par with the much older PST II design at a lower price point. Look at the emergence over the last 2 years of some serious performers in the sub-$1000 market.

I can hope, anyways, right?

Except that in the interim since the PST II has come out, there has been an improvement in the sourcing of such features - manufacturing and distribution costs have come down, the PST has been out a few years now, right? Not out of the realm of possibility this could be on par with the much older PST II design at a lower price point. Look at the emergence over the last 2 years of some serious performers in the sub-$1000 market.

I can hope, anyways, right?
yet the majority of PRS shooters still shoot a razor gen 2

I have the original 3-18 SE and it’s the sweet spot imho on power range for a multipurpose optic.
If the glass is viper pst II level the thus will be awesome.
Hope the bring out a 3-18
I have a athlon midas tac 6-24x50 and I'd like something with better fov on low end. It's a mixed use rifle and I barely go over 16x

Reactions: Frankr
I think I'll give one of these a try for the price, worse case I'll stick in on my Rugger Rimfire

Reactions: 300rem7
In the market for a sub 700 FFP mil scope with a center dot reticle, not above 4-5x erector(cause just too many compromises), almost perfect tracking and decent glass, less then 30yd focus for a precision rimfire. Wide fov on low end for ditch coon shooting.and 20xish high end for paper...How soon can I get one of these to try?

They are already in stock? Wow... if I hadn't just bought a ton of powder and a new RCBS Summit....

Yeah dealer told me they had 1500 available

Yup Vortex learned from the past and doesn't promote and bring a new line to market until there are enough to at least take the first wave.

Sport Optic had them for $699 but if you use their promo code it's down to $609. Not bad. And LE/Mil/Fire price is below $500.

Yup Vortex learned from the past and doesn't promote and bring a new line to market until there are enough to at least take the first wave.

Sport Optic had them for $699 but if you use their promo code it's down to $609. Not bad. And LE/Mil/Fire price is below $500.
you know...the way everyone should? what a concept

It's tempting, I can see where the elevation and low parallax would be perfect for the 22 game. I've been looking to pick up a couple scopes in that price range for lower end builds. The issue for me is that while the price delta to a PST 2 MSRP is $500, street is only about $200, and I'd spend that upgrading my 30mm mounts to 34mm so it's a wash price wise.

So for all you guys that want to check out how great the latest tech is, and you know tube size matters, I'm happy to buy all those old junky technology PST II 5-25x 7C MRAD scopes for the price of a brand new Strike Eagle. $609!

It truly is a great time to be in shooting.

I have a athlon midas tac 6-24x50 and I'd like something with better fov on low end. It's a mixed use rifle and I barely go over 16x

i have an Athlon Midas BTR 4.5-27 and I really like the 3-18 power range more. The FOV on this makes it seriously tempting.
Btw I also have a Swampfox Kentucky long range 3-18 that is superb other than the weight and length (it’s the size of my Midas btr maybe bigger).
I hope these do well then I can pick up a couple used ones for a good price next year.
Just bought my wife a tikka T1x for Mother’s Day and it will need a new optic ....

Reactions: 4dds and nakoa01
Interesting that the FOV is a little narrower than the PST 5-25 on 5x but a little wider on 25x.
If the turrets track and the glass is even close to the PST Gen2 then I think this would be a excellent scope for the price.

I'm guessing they went with 56mm objective to help overcome the slight "issues" the PST has on 22-25x is less than ideal lighting.
I personally would've preferred a 30mm tube and 50mm objective as that makes it more suitable for non "tactical" rifles.

If these things can track, I’ll get one. I’m interested to see this hit the streets and see what the masses think.

These look like a great buy! Spoke with Graham at Vortex earlier today... excerpt from convo:

"The Viper PST Gen II will be superior optically. The new Strike Eagle 5-25x56 will be between the Diamondback line and the Viper line"

Didn't say just HOW close the SE is to either of the other scopes, but definitely not Viper quality glass.

Like some others have said.. try to find a LE/MIL/VET discount. I pulled one for $480 out the door. Figure at that price I could probably sell it at cost if I don't feel the need to keep it. It's still in "pre order" status, but should hopefully have it in hand soon. :)

Very similar weight and elevation etc specs to the Athlon Midas Tac HD, on paper at least. Slightly shorter, more FOV, illuminated reticle and cheaper price though