• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes vortex tactical rings

Rockhopper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2010
'couve, wa
does anyone have the skinny on the vortex tactical rings?

Vortex Tactical - Tactical 30mm Ring Low

trying to figure out who they are similiar too. at first i thought they were the same as the burris xtr's, but the measurements seem to be different. are they the same as the weaver tactical rings? these are just for a low budget rimfire, so i dont need seekins quality.

Burris 30mm Xtreme Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings Matte Package of 2

Vortex 30mm Tactical Picatinny-Style Ring Matte

Weaver Tactical Picatinny-Style Rings Matte

They are made by Seekins and branded Vortex.

Scope Rings - 30mm Tube - Scope Rings & Mounts - Parts & Accessories

Seekins is good stuff!

EDIT: NO! I take it back. Those are not Vortex rings from Vortex Optics. I didn't even know that these knockoffs existed. I wonder if Vortex Optics is aware of this blatant ripoff of their name and somewhat similar logo?

Whoa, take it easy!
I bought a set of their inexpensive "Tactical" rings before.
They appear to be of Chinese origin.
They work okay and I do not recall them leaving any ring marks.
They are not the rebranded Seekins rings lash referred to, which Vortex sells as "Precision" rings.

Those particular ones aren't the ones made by Seekins. I don't know who makes those ones but they do look like they would work great on a rim fire.

Personally I would buy Warne rings for rimfire or low budget use. Simple, high quality, made in the USA. I've had the Chinese rings and mounts (including Burris brand) and they just feel cheap. Warne are basic but don't feel cheap. They go on sale at MidwayUSA every 2-3 months for $30-35 or so.

i ended up with the burris xtr lows. midway has a code for first time customers and free shipping making them a decent price. should work perfectly fine on my .17 hmr.