• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Vortex venom or athlon helos gen2

Chase214

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2017
Holly ridge nc
Need some help deciding between the 2 scopes , im leaning more towards the athlon because of the integrated zero stop but I'm a big fan of vortex ebr 7c retical. If anyone has looked through both how does the glass compare. Any info would be greatly appreciated

I would go with Vortex too, but only because the closest dealer on their website is 2 states away from me.
I used a Venom in an NRL22 extended range match yesterday and it was great, but spotting missed shots at nearly 200 yards was hard. If I had read the wind on the ladder stage (all shots just off the right edge) I would have felt much better - it was my second competition and I had 25 hits.

I have a Helos G2 2-12x42 DMR. I haven't ran across a scope this inexpensive that has "good - everything"! Especially the turrets.

A Strike Eagle that a friend owns has dismal feeling turrets that don't line up well. Other than that, and the reticle, it was okay for the price.