• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper HS 5-15x44 Mil-Dot

Re: Vortex Viper HS 5-15x44 Mil-Dot

Do we have a consensus of what Butler creek caps to use? I am ordering now and is the 33OBJ and 14EYE the way to go?

I put one of these on backorder at midway, I IM'ed sport optics but apparently this is a midway exclusive. Woulda preferred not to deal with midway but oh well.... We'll see how she compares with a SS, MK4 and NF. I don't expect the world for $400 bucks though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put one of these on backorder at midway, I IM'ed sport optics but apparently this is a midway exclusive. Woulda preferred not to deal with midway but oh well.... We'll see how she compares with a SS, MK4 and NF. I don't expect the world for $400 bucks though. </div></div>

I think the glass is much better than the ss and remember, the nf is 2-3x the cost. I think you will be very pleased with the glass.

My turn to play along. Was looking to scope a new Savage Long Range Hunter in 6.5 creedmoor and was about to pull the trigger on a Weaver Tactical until I saw this deal. Man do I really like this scope. Hoping to get it out shooting on Sunday. Currently have weaver tactical low rings and still mounts little high. Only leaves me with bout 9.6 mils up. Would like to adjust it to have at least 11.
vortex3.jpg

vortex2.jpg

vortex1.jpg

I'm using the sunshade, since I have mine on a Ruger Scout with the XS rail. I'm using Leupold QRW medium rings, which required filing off the tops of the Picatinny under the objective, so there is essentially no clearance under the scope. Cheek weld is still decent, though, which was the idea. With the sunshade on, the supplied lens covers will work. Almost looks like I have more scope than rifle!

Since I finally got my media card to work, I figured I would drop a couple pics of mine on here too...
laugh.gif

DK

IMAG0389-1.jpg

IMAG0390.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scott123456789</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are any of ya'll running the sun shade? I didn't know if I had the heart to throw it on my 20" barrel. </div></div>

My shorty .243 Predator is 19.5" with an RWS muzzle brake. Check out the pics. I think it looks good sittin on there. Even better than it looks without it IMHO.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVdubbin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great z71rat! Thanks for the pics.
</div></div>

Thank you!! And you are most welcome!! I haven't been this happy with a scope in a really long time. This thing rocks!!

DK

Ok I think I am just about to order one of these, any reason I should hold off for now? As far as I have heard no bad reviews yet?

To be very honest, I don't think there is any other deals out there that can beat this one. You would have to go about $200 to $300 higher to get anything close. Even then, I believe that it would be another Vortex.

Yes, that is just my $0.02 worth... Mine is # 217 by the way.

DK

Ok thats it I am going to order one! z71rat you should be paid for all the great things you say for these scopes, sure helped my decision! Thank you! P.S. I hope to be sending you a Savage magazine soon!

All I am doing is just trying to get the word out on this scope. I think Midway did us all a HUGE favor by working with Vortex on this one. I had been eyeing the Vortex Hunter HS, but I didn't care for the capped windage turret. Honestly, that was the ONLY thing I didn't like about them.

With this scope, I get my Mil-Dot that I know and love, but I also get the new .10Mil adjustment as well. I fell in love with the Mil-Mil scope when I had my SWFA 5-20x50. That was a really nice scope, but the price tag kinda hurt. I am definitely not made of money, so I was thinking hard about the PST.

The PST is a really great scope, but for only a few bucks more, I would have been back into the 5-20SS. I work hard for my funds, and my ex gets freakin half of it. So, I have to spend my time and money wisely. I do a ton of research on everything before I buy it. When this scope came out, I was just about to pull the trigger on it, but just couldn't justify a new scope since I had a working one already.

Well, guess what... $100 off that price, there was no freakin way that I could pass that deal up. And I am thrilled to say, I am really glad I snagged it for $399. Without a doubt, the best scope deal I have ever made on a new piece of glass.

The clarity of # 217 has done nothing but blow me away. I can honestly say that I am just as happy with the clarity of this scope, as I was with my Nightforce NXS. The Nightforce was the most awesome scope I have ever owned, and it was FREE to me. I am absofreakinlutely loving the Vortex. Hands down the best deal out there for the money... BAR NONE!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BenY 2013</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> P.S. I hope to be sending you a Savage magazine soon! </div></div>

I have been working steady on them for a while now. Get it to me when you can, I will make sure it is turned around quickly for ya!! Thank You!!

DK

Free Nightforce...if only I could be so lucky
crazy.gif
anyhow I just put my order in, can not wait to get it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BenY 2013</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Free Nightforce...if only I could be so lucky
crazy.gif
</div></div>

Trust me, the girlfriend that gave it to me thought it meant she "owned" me after that. She was nuttier than elephant crap. Nice scope, up till she went off the deep end. Got rid of her and the scope too. I am much happier now with both of them gone!! LOL

My new girlfriend is MUCH better than a Nightforce anyways!!
wink.gif

DK

Haha well sounds like its working out! Thank you for all your help!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BenY 2013</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok I think I am just about to order one of these, any reason I should hold off for now? As far as I have heard no bad reviews yet? </div></div>

No one has had them long enough but I'm sure vortex would take care of you if there were issues.

Any chance someone can snap a few photos looking through it? I know its nothing like seeing in person but gives an idea, like 5x,10x,15x....Thnx
oh an ordered mine last night

I will be taking mine out this afternoon. I will be glad to take some pics of my new BadAssGlass!!

DK

Mines #104. Mounted it on my new 300 wsm and I've been working up loads with 208 amax's. Seems to be holding up to the recoil. My 300 wsm only weighs about 7# without the scope and doesn't have a brake. Mounted it in Talley lightweight lows on my predator action. I lapped them in put the scope on and went to the range to sight it in and it was already right on at 100 yards with no adjustment. Haven't had that happen before.

I'm probably going to order at least 2 more of these scopes.

IMG_0583.jpg

Bb

Hmmmm,

I bought a Falcon Menace scope for my rifle.
Looks like I'll have to sell it and buy one of these.

I just upgraded from a Falcon Menace to the Vortex Razor. I can't wait to see the difference, at least I hope their is a difference.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jd138</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just upgraded from a Falcon Menace to the Vortex Razor. I can't wait to see the difference, at least I hope their is a difference..... </div></div>

Its the difference between a Ford Fiesta and a BMW 5 Series. The razor is a great scope. You'll be very happy.
smile.gif

15xvortex.jpg

15x
5xvortex.jpg

5x
pardon the rocked out windshield & the iphone pics, but it looks pretty clear to me

Was just about to order a PST until Ken at Vortex told me about these. Got one and put it on my new deer rifle, a model 70 in 7 rem mag. So now I've been on the fence for about a week now about if I should get another one. Think I will, at 399, it's the best deal going. Should work good on the next rifle also. Planning a SPS Tactical in .223.

If you order from Midway, do they charge you right away or just when the item ships from back order?

Got them today!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Olivers_AR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same here! Now I need to get out to the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cox380</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm128</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just to give EVERYONE a heads up.

Midway USA JUST sent me an email for the ZERO STOP shims that did NOT come with the scope.

The shims ARE shipping NOW!!!

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.) </div></div>

Rodger that! Got the same email. </div></div> </div></div>

I am glad to see that you got some thru the scope pics. I ended up having to work late, and deal with UPS on some shipping. It has been a crazy week to say the least.

Nice pics!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superjc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the heads up, this is exactly what I've been looking for to put into my new SG-1 30mm mount on my PTR-91. 4x just wasn't enough for a heavy bench rifle.

</div></div>

Hey...I have two of those ammo cans
laugh.gif
But I have a PTR-91...that's never been fired...
frown.gif

Seems like an excellent deal. Ordered one today to try out. Lots of nice features for $399, hard to pass.

Midway USA stated this morning that they WILL NOT have any more in until the end of the month....

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

Guys who've mounted this scope on a 20 MOA base, about how much did you have to adjust down to zero?

Taking mine out today and bore sighted, went down about 4 mils. Just trying to see if I'm in the ballpark with others...

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm128</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway USA stated this morning that they WILL NOT have any more in until the end of the month....

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.) </div></div>

Got an email tonight processing my order, Credit card has also been charged and order processing..... Midway usually doesn't charge until item is ready to ship out.

Hopefully will wake up in the AM and have a tracker....

DAMNIT!!!!

That bitch better not have lied!!!!

I will call back.

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

Ok... Called back... Item # is still showing OUT OF STOCK... It is on back order... but NOW they are not exactly sure WHEN they will be in..

Could be they charged the card or appearance of it... and you will get a BACK ORDER email soon and the money actually is NOT charged out...

Report back if you can and let us know...

Thanks
Matt.

Charged.... Had to call and give em another card number as the one I used for the original order went bust on the 31st.

Just looked at my account, $409.94 is pending

Clicked on the item number and it is showing "overdue" I would hope midway doesn't have an automated thing to charge when its supposed to be coming off backorder..... IE charge me but still on BO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your backorder was released on Invoice #15794XXX on 4/5/2012 to be shipped to:
Me
My Address
Granbury, TX 76048-2386

Order Information:

Item ID
Description
Qty
Price
Vortex Viper HS Tactical Rifle S...
$399.99
Items Total:
$399.99
Postage, Handling & Insurance:
$9.95
Special Handling Fee:
$0.00
Discounts:
$0.00
Subtotal:
$409.94
Midway Money* Redeemed:
$0.00
Gift Certificates Used:
$0.00
Midway Money* Issued:
$0.00
Sales Tax:
$0.00
NRA Round-Up:
$0.00
Order Total:
$409.94
Any number in parenthesis indicates a credit to the invoice.
*Midway Money is store credit redeemable on future orders.

</div></div>

Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im ordering now online!!!!!!!!!

POKE,

THANK YOU BROTHER!

Matt.

would say wait till after 6pm to see if they provide me tracking info

Maybe Scott from Vortex can chime in on when they will ship more to Midwayusa. I wouldnt mind ordering one more but I'd hate to have to back order not knowing when my card will be charged.

Midway shows "Date expected in stock: Overdue" as a status now.

Sgtmj,

Yeah... we saw the update... but I have a feeling that the sales reps dont really know IF they are in the back for shipping or not... I got 2 different answers in the same day... That is why i just decided to order it and see.

Either way... its better to get it on the "PAID" list now.. as the sale will end this month.

Matt.

Shims are arriving now. I just got mine. Just an FYI...

DK

I called about 4 minutes ago and the lady said they just came in and my order will ship in an hour. We will see what happens next. It says "available" on their site.

There are 42 Viper HS 5-15X44 scopes available right now. Just ordered two.
smile.gif
They should hold me over till my PST arrives. I ordered the 6-24x over six months ago and still waiting.

If you want this scope, order now.

Yup, While I was in the middle of putting one on backorder, they just now switched from backordered to available, in real time. Pretty cool. So it should be in my sweaty hands on the 10th.
smile.gif