• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper HS 5-15x44 Mil-Dot

Re: Vortex Viper HS 5-15x44 Mil-Dot

My shims just showed up on the first one. Maybe time to order another.

Bb

Yeah, i called them directly and they told me they are on back order till the 26th, as soon as i hung up, i got the email they are in stock. Mine should be here Monday!!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elk addict</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
15xvortex.jpg

15x
5xvortex.jpg

5x
pardon the rocked out windshield & the iphone pics, but it looks pretty clear to me </div></div>

On the top picture on 15X, is that an asteroid to the left of the screen? JK

How far away are you from the house in the picture. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

They sucked at my order. I had to cancel my backorder and re-order it even though the lady I spoke too at 5pm today said it would ship in an hour,great scope,lousy CS for me. Rant off.

I had to do the same thing 762SD. I called and they had to cancel my back order and make new order. They said it will ship tomorrow morning.

I Got an email today stating my scope is in and ready to ship. But I have recieved no tracking email...

I would love to pull the trigger on another one of these but I would really like to handle the first before I order another.

I have the 3-10 Weaver Midway sells exclusively as well and I have been very happy with it! I wouldn't be surprised if this Vortex goes on sale for $100 off every other month just like the Weaver 3-10 does.

Well just woke up here in Kabul and no tracking number.... I might have to call as you guys did and cancel/reorder

I did the same. Cancelled and ordered over the phone. Its due here by Thursday.

Guys who had to call and reorder.. Did you get an email titled "your midwayUSA order has been recieved!"

This is what my email was titled, and I never recieved a shipping notification.

I just tried to call and they operators are out for the night and I doubt anyone will be there tomorrow (Good Friday).

No I haven't received any email yet and I've placed two separate orders. We'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys who had to call and reorder.. Did you get an email titled "your midwayUSA order has been recieved!"

This is what my email was titled, and I never recieved a shipping notification.

I just tried to call and they operators are out for the night and I doubt anyone will be there tomorrow (Good Friday). </div></div>

I got the Order Received email as well, but don't forget, tomorrow's good Friday, you may not get into UPS until Monday

I placed my order about 5 hours ago. I just got the email that it has shipped! Feel sorry for the guys who had to cancel and re-order. So far Midway has been good to me as far as CS goes.

I just got an email that my scope has shipped!!

I guess I should have it early next week.

Same here, exactly 5 hours after placing the order, i received the shipped email. I just hope our expectations are not too high!!
grin.gif

How have I not seen this sooner? I just read all 6 pages and figured this is excactly what I am looking for. Sounds like a great deal to me and can't wait till it gets here!

Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eclipse57</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elk addict</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
15xvortex.jpg

15x
5xvortex.jpg

5x
pardon the rocked out windshield & the iphone pics, but it looks pretty clear to me </div></div>

On the top picture on 15X, is that an asteroid to the left of the screen? JK

How far away are you from the house in the picture. Thanks for sharing the pictures. </div></div>

Assuming the deck rail is ~36".... Somewhere around 1450-1500.
I'll try to see if my zeiss will get a reading tomorrow

Rail is actually 40", so prolly closer to 1600

Well...I've got a Savage 223 in the safe sans optic, so I just placed an order for one...

Well I hope I do not have to cancel my order and order again, I ordered Tuesday...

Didn't have to cancel, my tracking came in around noon my time today. I may have to call midway as I received 2 tracking numbers though. Only ordered 1 scope....

C'mon Midway. Time to wake up!!!!!!!! You send out scopes to people who just ordered two minutes ago, however, not to those who ordered days ago. Let's go. Hello, anyone home? Bueller, Bueller??

pnorris, I feel you 110%! Midway needs to pull their heads outta their asses and figure this shit out. It's fucked up to be on back order only to be skipped when the new shipment comes in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVdubbin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pnorris, I feel you 110%! Midway needs to pull their heads outta their asses and figure this shit out. It's fucked up to be on back order only to be skipped when the new shipment comes in. </div></div>
TOTALLY AGREE, thanks for the "through the scope pics"
They were so generous with their "110%" customer service that when I called'm about the inaccurate "guarantee" of accuracy on blems. They offered me the cost of 2 bullets refund, wooo!
WELLLLL, just got off the phone. Mine SHOULD be shipping within a few hours. Apparently some genius came up with the plan that they pull some for the backorders when the shipment comes in BUT dont ship them right away. BUT they then ship new orders like an in stock item an get them on their way right away. So yeah you get a scope but it gets shipped when they have time/get a minute to get to the back order list. WTF OVER!!

My Brother has a Vortex Viper 5-15x44 mil dot and the glass is as good as my Leupold 3.5-10x40.

The FFP system is better than Leupolds 4.5-14x50mm that I had by a long shot.

It's half the price also. You can't beat that.

Missed them again when they was in stock, I think I will go ahead and backorder one. They are showing a no-delivery date/overdue.

Just got my shipping notice. I had to cancel my backorder from a few days ago to get things moving though. It had another item on the invoice that was backordered until the end of the month and it was holding it up.

Got my shipping notice too. Thanks Midway!

This is a very attractive package, though I wish it had more than a standard mil-dot.

I would like to see an honest side by side comparison with the new burris MTAC.

win-win all the way around

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762SD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine shipped but I didnt get a notice.</div></div>

They hate you. They told me that when I called them earlier.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sgtlmj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762SD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine shipped but I didnt get a notice.</div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

Figures,
eek.gif

Got out and had a chance to use it today. I am very impressed with it. Nice clear optic. Possitive click adj. Good range in magnafication. I wish I had the money to order another one.

006.jpg

On My rem700 SPS with sunshade.

Ordered mine yesterday with mount, can't wait to get it. You just can't beat it for $399.

Ordered mine last night. I signed into midway and there is an option for order management, clicked on that and pulls up previous orders. Shows my scope has shipped and supplied a tracking number there as well.

I also never got a notice it had shipped or a tracking number. It usually does take a day or two for it to actually say "in route"

Dan

Yes spiralseal, the correct Butler Creek flip up caps are #14 Eye, and #33 Obj. Sorry it took so long to reply. Those caps are currently snugly fit to my Viper.

Mine is #202 BTW. Sad to say I still have not been able to field test mine. I am waiting to have time to build myself a 20MOA rail for my Sako M591 left hand .308 I built years ago. It had only seen optiloc base and 1" rings. Unfortunately I have been busier than a three legged cat trying to bury a turd on a frozen pond with no open mill to crank it out on. You have no idea how long I have waited to use that saying my gunsmithing instructor told years ago.

Well I've went Vortex wild! I've got this 5x15x44 and a Nomad spotting scope on order. Can't wait to get em in and try em out. If they're like the other 3 Vortex scopes I have I'm gonna be really happy. They make great products.

I wonder how many they received to sell out of them again in 2 days....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how many they received to sell out of them again in 2 days.... </div></div>

Not certain but I'd guess maybe 50; the night after it was reported here they were back in stock I put 50 in my cart just to see how many they had left and it showed 35 in stock, 15 backordered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how many they received to sell out of them again in 2 days.... </div></div>

Not certain but I'd guess maybe 50; the night after it was reported here they were back in stock I put 50 in my cart just to see how many they had left and it showed 35 in stock, 15 backordered. </div></div>

That wouldn't include the backorders that were already shipped or being prepared to ship. I would think 50 would be low accounting for this. I know at one point in this thread it was mentioned 42 in stock still.

I became aware of this scope VIA an e-flyer from midway which led me to this thread after some google fu. There is a thread about this scope on most of the gun forums out there. Midway hit a home run with this one and is most likely making a good bit of jingle off it even on sale. Before buying from midway I IM'ed sport optics to give them first crack at supplying it not knowing at the time it was a midway exclusive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sgtlmj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762SD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine shipped but I didnt get a notice.</div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

They finally sent a shipment notification. They love me after all
smile.gif

Midway frequently runs a sales but can't come close to supplying the amount of orders. The bright side is that sometimes they beat the "expected arrival" date of the backorder.

Sitting around twiddling my thumbs on backorder...

I've been waiting patiently since last October to see what SWFA would introduce in a variable mid power scope but it was not to be so I ordered (back ordered) this Vortex. Hope they already have a few in the cooker so the wait won't be to long.

I should have ordered mine when they came back in stock but waited. Funny how they get re-stocked in a week or two and now it shows end of June. Thats what I get I guess

I ordered mine on 4/4 when it said they were backordered. Just got email yesterday saying it was ready to ship.

What kind (brand and height) are y'all using to mount this scope? If I order one I will need rings. Thx